• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

GG Pvp

I'm going to reply to this from two standpoints.

1: The person killing the other
Going to be completely honest, Munch and I were "going on an adventure!" and we were running around through different herogates. The server is heavily based around PvP and fighting other players, as well as players gaining & attaining elo. If I felt bad and had a guilty conscience for every new player I killed along the way while going somewhere, or getting sidetracked. I usually leave death chests unless I know that the person has items or things that I definitely want. If you're helping a newer player, you should know the nature of the server as it is advertised, Hardcore PvP, and expect something like this to happen, and explain it to them.

2: Being killed
On the other hand, there's the shitty feeling of being killed on your first day or your first day back from a long period of time. I saw, you played for a few days before the incident that is in discussion, and you must've known the nature of the server in the two or three days that you're back. All that aside, being killed when you're a low level is pretty shit. You work hard to get whatever you've managed to scrap up, only to be killed, and in this case, not have a death chest spawn. We don't expect the bugs to happen, and it's not something that people know about right away when logging on. I've logged on after being gone all day only to find out that when I killed someone, their chest didn't spawn or anything.

I've been there and been the new player with nothing. My first three days on the server I was camped relentlessly because my first town was right by a graveyard, and my friends and I lost a lot, if not everything those first few days. A lot of this server now is about trial and error, learning from your mistakes, and it is also advertised as a hardcore PvP server, and will as such be treated as one.

That being said (again) I think there should be a lenience time for new(er) players to become acquainted with the nature of the server, a safe time of a few hours or so.
If my chest had spawned correctly, I would have been able to get the stuff because i died in the PvE zone. That ain't your guys fault, and to be honest, I'd love to do some good ol team vs team warfare at some point, but AFTER i have the gear and capabilities to do what you guys can. I just also think it's rude for anyone to pvp anyone considering the current glitch issues... at this point killing anyone just deletes their inventory. Like... for real. And in regards to what J2BH said... you can have two experienced players, but if ones level 50 hiding behind a wall, the other just used a dreadknight codex and is making a run for the dungeon so he can pvp the level 50s, no amount of experience is gonna protect the level 1 dreadknight from the bar of soap he just dropped that the vets like naxet and munch are gonna take advantage of. (wow that came out way worse then intended) My point is, there should be a level range for pvp, much like there should be level requirements to wear certain gear in my opinion. If you slightly buff purple gear, and slightly nerf grey gear, but lvl 1-9 can wear grey and 40-49 can wear purple, it kind of ensures that no matter what, your going to fight someone of equal level and gear. Also it adds a lot to the RPG element of finding loot and constantly upgrading as you progress through herocraft. Just my opinion... it protects the newbs, adds dynamics to the rpg feel, and ensures that high tier pvp'ers are actually gonna get a good fight when they initiate on someone.

Edit: and the gear would have to get balanced for each tier obviously, green for 10-19, blue for 20-29, etc. etc.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
If my chest had spawned correctly, I would have been able to get the stuff because i died in the PvE zone. That ain't your guys fault, and to be honest, I'd love to do some good ol team vs team warfare at some point, but AFTER i have the gear and capabilities to do what you guys can. I just also think it's rude for anyone to pvp anyone considering the current glitch issues... at this point killing anyone just deletes their inventory. Like... for real. And in regards to what J2BH said... you can have two experienced players, but if ones level 50 hiding behind a wall, the other just used a dreadknight codex and is making a run for the dungeon so he can pvp the level 50s, no amount of experience is gonna protect the level 1 dreadknight from the bar of soap he just dropped that the vets like naxet and munch are gonna take advantage of. (wow that came out way worse then intended) My point is, there should be a level range for pvp, much like there should be level requirements to wear certain gear in my opinion. If you slightly buff purple gear, and slightly nerf grey gear, but lvl 1-9 can wear grey and 40-49 can wear purple, it kind of ensures that no matter what, your going to fight someone of equal level and gear. Also it adds a lot to the RPG element of finding loot and constantly upgrading as you progress through herocraft. Just my opinion... it protects the newbs, adds dynamics to the rpg feel, and ensures that high tier pvp'ers are actually gonna get a good fight when they initiate on someone.

Edit: and the gear would have to get balanced for each tier obviously, green for 10-19, blue for 20-29, etc. etc.

Although in theory that sounds good. But we've had this before and lower players who couldn't be pvped abused it and stole from players who can't tag them.

Although in theory that sounds good. But we've had this before and lower players who couldn't be pvped abused it and stole from players who can't tag them.
H...how? When I was a bloodmage I had a lowbie try and smack me, I chunked half his health and went about my business as he fled and pissed himself. I have a hard time seeing ANY lowbie steal jack diddly squat... especially with how loot works now on the rolling system.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
H...how? When I was a bloodmage I had a lowbie try and smack me, I chunked half his health and went about my business as he fled and pissed himself. I have a hard time seeing ANY lowbie steal jack diddly squat... especially with how loot works now on the rolling system.

As I said before in older maps where level 1-10 cant be pvped by higher players they stole items from chest and no one could stop them.

As I said before in older maps where level 1-10 cant be pvped by higher players they stole items from chest and no one could stop them.
I cant help but wonder if theres a way to remove pvp immunity in town borders... someone steps in, they are tagged for pvp for a while no matter their level. Prolly be a pain in the ass to script, "they are pvp immune, but not immune here here and here. and at this point, immunity turns off completely, but dont screw with values of other pvp zones." Perhaps a fix for that issue... but to be honest, I dont think i've found a single chest made by another player since I've been on...

Pixxy

Legacy Supporter 2
My point here being is if we're advertised as a hardcore PVP server it'll be treated as such. There was a safer way to get to the dungeon in question, and sure.

We shouldn't have killed them, sure, but not everyone is aware of issues the minute they get in game. There wasn't even an alert for it for notifying players.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
All you vets should shutup. There is a reason why the population is dwindling.

Yes, you should have been in the T1 dungeon to avoid being killed, but there are still problems on the server's behalf regarding new players. We've always considered this a hardcore server, with the motto, "Tough luck", or "Suck it up". But the bottomline is, that mentality towards new players hurts our playerbase by deferring them from playing. There is a foundation out there to help newer players but it just isn't strong enough, the learning curve for the server is still way too high, especially for kids and teens who come from minigames, or simple factions servers. After you leave the tutorial and you are thrown out into the world and you're on your own, left with a somewhat hard to use wiki page, and a very useless help chat (considering many veterans or even guides barely even help out new players with questions).

The other problem is the death chest problem, its a glitch that has happened before occasionally. To be honest, the system for bug reports and the lack of knowledgeable coders, admins, etc. to help Kainzo, Tim, Xexorian, really affect what gets done. Some glitches and bugs can be out there for weeks and even months because no one, bug reports it, or no one knows how to fix it. And some of those are truly game breaking bugs. If I lost all my stuff when I just went on a server, especially what you claimed to have, I'd be quite pissed, and when I try to seek help and guidance as to what I should do in help chat, and seeing no one respond to me would be a huge turnoff to me.

Veterans, don't just look at this player and think "noob", "stupid", "retarded", "bad". He is a solid representation of many of our new players and the struggles, and hardships they go through starting to play this server. A large, large chunk of the new players leave because of how hard, unfriendly, and unhelpful our community, our server is to them. Sure you can blame the entirety of this on him for not being in a T1, but there is also another side of the story guys..

@MunchlaxHero you are guide now, yet you haven't helped a single new player, period. Spend some time helping the heaps load of new players asking questions in help chat and tour, instead of camping level 1s. I'm not even guide, yet I've probably done more to help new players than the majority of the people who are @Guides now.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

Yes, you should have been in the T1 dungeon to avoid being killed, but there are still problems on the server's behalf regarding new players. We've always considered this a hardcore server, with the motto, "Tough luck", or "Suck it up". But the bottomline is, that mentality towards new players hurts our playerbase by deferring them from playing. There is a foundation out there to help newer players but it just isn't strong enough, the learning curve for the server is still way too high, especially for kids and teens who come from minigames, or simple factions servers. After you leave the tutorial and you are thrown out into the world and you're on your own, left with a somewhat hard to use wiki page, and a very useless help chat (considering many veterans or even guides barely even help out new players with questions).

The other problem is the death chest problem, its a glitch that has happened before occasionally. To be honest, the system for bug reports and the lack of knowledgeable coders, admins, etc. to help Kainzo, Tim, Xexorian, really affect what gets done. Some glitches and bugs can be out there for weeks and even months because no one, bug reports it, or no one knows how to fix it. And some of those are truly game breaking bugs. If I lost all my stuff when I just went on a server, especially what you claimed to have, I'd be quite pissed, and when I try to seek help and guidance as to what I should do in help chat, and seeing no one respond to me would be a huge turnoff to me.

Veterans, don't just look at this player and think "noob", "stupid", "retarded", "bad". He is a solid representation of many of our new players and the struggles, and hardships they go through starting to play this server. A large, large chunk of the new players leave because of how hard, unfriendly, and unhelpful our community, our server is to them. Sure you can blame the entirety of this on him for not being in a T1, but there is also another side of the story guys..

@MunchlaxHero you are guide now, yet you haven't helped a single new player, period. Spend some time helping the heaps load of new players asking questions in help chat and tour, instead of camping level 1s. I'm not even guide, yet I've probably done more to help new players than the majority of the people who are @Guides now.
Well damn

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3

Ur a vet so you just said shut up to yourself :/

Faze, its fine. Im by no means new to herocraft, just this map... used to be a max level flameweaver and a monsterous pvper back then. If i were a ninja, my current go to pvper, i would have been just fine and escaped, maybe even killed one of them because munch way overextended and got cocky in his attack. I had no idea there was a portal to t2 in the t1 dungeon, no one ever mentioned this to me and I havent found it. This is why I mentioned pvp immunity for low levels... i just used a dreadknight codex and was using the only path to elven palace i knew about (cuz why get 3xp per kill if i can solo guys that give 200) when I got jumped in that super tiny stretch of wilds between the safezone and t2 entrance. I've been giving spare gear to newbies, showing them level spots and macro mod and accalamating then to the rpg side whenever i pop a codex because im already their level and can show them my path up the levels and my soul grinding spots. Like i said in my first post, Im a returning player that had been back for 3 days... the death chest glitch and vets are killing people and deleting their inventories is why Im back on taking a break. At least till the bug is fixed. And when it is, i'll be back and level 60 again in a few hours...

Edit: I just think its some bs pvp when level 1's can be slaughtered like lambs by level 50s. Whether you call it hardcore or not doesn't matter, the fact that I can't leave safezone without dying is some serious garbage. That isn't hardcore. Hardcore is teamfights and competitive battling. Slaughtering lowbies to pad your rank? Thats just scummy and you dont deserve your rank if thats how you get it, and itd be nice to see those peoples rank drop the second they have to fight people their level. Munch vs naxet is something that is harcore (and would be fun as hell to just watch). munch vs lvl 1 dreadknight... that isnt pvp. Thats the new guy at the prison dropping the soap.

Last edited:

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Death chests have been fixed. If you find any more issues with chests. lwcs and the like, hc.to/bug reports please. Also if you find chests in the dungeons please /pe them for removal.

Death chests have been fixed. If you find any more issues with chests. lwcs and the like, hc.to/bug reports please. Also if you find chests in the dungeons please /pe them for removal.
Thank GOD. I shall be coming back soon then, I actually expected the glitch to stick around longer... thanks for the heads up, I didn't see it anywhere on the forums.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Getting ganked as a noob then working your way up and eventually killing the people who harassed you is by far one of the best parts of this server. I do find it puzzling that @MunchlaxHero is the server's top PvPer, though. <3