• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Firework Effects for Direct Damage Magical Skills

Teerian

Gold
Hm. Maybe use the creeper face pattern with any of the dark magic style abilities such as harmtouch, decay, poison, drain soul, etc? Could also work for lasting debuff abilities.

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
Please note each firworks effect can have a starting color and fade color. So make changes necessary. There are also three or four types of fireworks. Google them
I SEE.

Harmtouch - Purple to red (red being point of impact etc)

Force Push/Pull - Green to blue and blue to green (depending on pushing or pulling)

Decay - Grey to dark grey/black

Root - Green to brown (Roots grow green and mature at brown like tree roots)

Smite - Yellow (Yep)

Layhands - White (Uh huh)

Drainsoul - Black (Beautiful)

Better? xD

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I SEE.

Harmtouch - Purple to red (red being point of impact etc)

Force Push/Pull - Green to blue and blue to green (depending on pushing or pulling)

Decay - Grey to dark grey/black

Root - Green to brown (Roots grow green and mature at brown like tree roots)

Smite - Yellow (Yep)

Layhands - White (Uh huh)

Drainsoul - Black (Beautiful)

Better? xD

Smite - Yellow to White?

Drainsoul - Black to Purple?

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
i guess blue/white could work, but perhaps in reverse. White to blue

Off topic, I'm T6 here? weird lol.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm making Hot Dog for lunch... Who wants some?

On topic - I'm going to look into the designs on the wiki after i scarf these down :) But I like the idea of Dark Magic effects (Poison, Decay, Harmtouch) being creeper face patterns

Teerian

Gold
Merikku has a good idea for force push and pull I think. Though I would prefer to see our ideas combined a bit. Blue to green for pull, blue to red (or orange) for push.

As for a pattern for the abilities... hmm. Tough call there. I would like to see something other than the regular explosive or circular patterns, but that leaves only creeper face (which I don't think fits at all) and star pattern. Would the star pattern fit, or would that be better for, say, bard or other class abilities? Any opinions on this?

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
A hand print shooting forward would be awesome for Harmtouch. Sort of like the hand print in skyrim for the black hand logo. Outline of a hand etc.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't want to be debbie downer here, but will these firework effects lead to more lag? That's the last thing we need.

EDIT: I guess most of the firework effect would be client-side processing...

Teerian

Gold
I'm no leftovers5, but... purple or light purple fade? Endermen use purple trails, and most other games I can recall use(d) some kind of mix of purple with their teleport/summon/gate spells. Seems to be a kind of arcane color.

Edit: White could work, too. Whatever seems to look best.