• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Firework Effects for Direct Damage Magical Skills

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Today was the first time I every launched a firework! Its really fun all the combinations you can make.
Why only two colours? I made a nice one for decay with Black, Brown, Grey, and Red.

Teerian

Gold
Wow. I should have expected an issue with patterns being cut off by terrain due to firing off of a player's position, but I never once thought about it. Probably too much of a hassle to code it to where it explodes off of the top half of a player (or 1 block above), if that can even be done. Disappointing.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Wonder if Bleed/Mortalwound (Or any other sammy skill) could use these. I know MW is hard to see when it lands, maybe red particles?

Also Kainzo uin153 Uin was telling me about a server that used redstone breaking particles to symbolize bleeding upon being hit, is this possible to use? I just think it would be cool if bleed had an effect haha

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We wont be adding firework effects to skills that are physical based. We will try and add what we can. The redstone method, last i checked, was very poorly done.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Wow. I should have expected an issue with patterns being cut off by terrain due to firing off of a player's position, but I never once thought about it. Probably too much of a hassle to code it to where it explodes off of the top half of a player (or 1 block above), if that can even be done. Disappointing.
I'm looking into this now - its an oversight in the code.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
What about for rangers:

Fire arrow (on impact): Red/orange
Ice arrow (on impact): Blue/white

Originally I had this on the list, but Kain wasnt sure if It could be done, because its a toggle and not direct damage.

Read kains post below haha.

victim130 - Alot of people wanted Red to represent a bleeding effect. However red was for Fire Damage, so Sammys and Dragoons didn't get anything from this because all their skills are physical.

Jonsoon - If you look at Kains post on page three, there are colors that it was limited to by code, so he posted this diagram for me to use, and I colored them by damage type so he could code it.

Poison -> Olive/Lime green (Poison)
Healing -> Pink/White (Any heals)
Lightning/Force -> Yellow/White (Bolt, Megabolt, Blitz, Pulse)
Ice -> Blue/Navy/Aqua (IceBlade)
Fire -> Red/Orange/Black (Blaze)
Drains -> Green/Purple (SoulDrain, SoulLeech.)
Death -> Black/Grey (Decay, Empathy, Despair, Plague.)

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I'll just wait for HCO :p

Although could we get a "X Player has been Mortally Wounded!"?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Ranger. Barrage. Burst. Would be awesome if it was Yellow/Orange, Blue, or Green depending on which elemental arrow you had equipped. Otherwise, Yellow/Orange.

Its the only Ranger skill that works with a small burst (to launch all those arrows at once) that could have a firework addition.

Also who saw my Flare suggestion?
Class: I dont know, Ranger? Scribe? Mystic?. Skill: Flare. Star (at a Y 5 blocks above your head, if possible). Red. Grants Night vision to party for 2 minutes.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Ranger. Barrage. Burst. Would be awesome if it was Yellow/Orange, Blue, or Green depending on which elemental arrow you had equipped. Otherwise, Yellow/Orange.

Its the only Ranger skill that works with a small burst (to launch all those arrows at once) that could have a firework addition.

Also who saw my Flare suggestion?
Class: I dont know. Skill: Flare. Star (at a Y 5 blocks above your head, if possible). Red. Grants Night vision to party for 2 minutes.

Ranger skills are mostly Physical. Barrage isn't magical.

Like I said before, and kain answered, I had it suggested for the Each arrow, but kain has to code these by hand and his knowledge isn't infinite.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'll be working on these when I have time:

Layhands | Star | Fuchsia/White
Reckoning | Ball | Yellow/White
DivineStun | Star | Yellow/White
MelodicBinding | Ball | Yellow/White
DarkRitual | Creeper | Black/Grey
Despair | Ball | Black/Gray