• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Firework Effects for Direct Damage Magical Skills

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Post below what skills you think that are Magical and DIRECT DAMAGE, I.E. not pulse, deserve a Firework effect.​
Skill name | Type | Colors
Dread Knight
Harmtouch | Creeper | Black/Purple
Decay | Ball | Black/Gray
SoulLeech | Ball | Green/Purple
Empathy | Burst | Black/Gray

Paladin
Layhands | Star | Fuchsia/White​
Reckoning | Ball | Yellow/White​
DivineStun | Star | Yellow/White​
Runeblade
DuskBlade | Burst | Green/Purple
IceBlade| Ball | Aqua/Blue
Bard
HealingChorus | Ball | Fuchsia/White​
Voidsong | Burst | Black/Purple
BoastfulBellow | Ball | Yellow/White​
MelodicBinding | Ball | Yellow/White​
Necromancer
Decay | Ball | Black/Gray
Poison | Ball | Olive/Lime
DrainSoul | Burst | Green/Purple
DarkRitual | Creeper | Black/Grey
Despair | Ball | Black/Gray
Plague | Burst | Black/Gray
Pyromancer
Blaze | Ball | Red/Orange
Wizard
Pulse | Ball | Yellow/White​
Beguiler
Pulse | Ball | Yellow/White​
Healer
Smite | Ball | Silver/Blue
Cleric
Pray | Ball | Fuchsia/White​
Chant | Burst | Fuchsia/White​
GroupHeal | Burst | Fuchsia/White​
FullHeal | Burst | Fuchsia/White​
Mystic
Rejuvenate | Star | Fuchsia/White​
Bloodmage
DrainSoul | Burst | Green/Purple
Transfuse | Creeper | Black/Grey
SoulLeech | Ball | Green/Purple
BoilBlood | Burst | Orange/Red
Disciple
ForcePush | Ball | Yellow/White​
ForcePull | Ball | Yellow/White​
Balance | Burst | Fuchsia/White​
Chakra | Burst | Fuchsia/White​
Optional
Bolt | Ball | Yellow/White​
MegaBolt | Burst | Yellow/White​
Shock | Burst | Yellow/White​
Firewave | Ball | Red/Orange
Blitz | Ball | Yellow/White​
That should be everything that does damage classified into a Damage type and then given color for effects using the colors you gave me Kainzo
Post your suggestions below, Kainzo asked for a list here in the suggestions forms, so I complied one. If you have a color suggestion, post why you think that color would be a good choice.
Also, make sure the skills are MAGICAL DIRECT DAMAGE. However there are some skills, like Smoke, that would be good with an effect and I will still add it to this post if it makes sense.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Transfuse - Red (Loss of health/blood for mana)
BoilBlood - Red
ForcePull - Also Yellow

Teerian

Gold
Blue for force push/pull would be cool. I was thinking more along the lines of blue for one and maybe red or orange for the other, though. Just to differentiate between the two (aside from the obviousness of someone flying towards or away from the disciple anyway).

I'm not sure which color would fit better with which action. Maybe force push for orange/red. It seems the more hostile of the two abilities despite the fact that it's typically used as a means of defense.

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
Drain Soul - Black (Dark magic that steals souls. Think shadow magic or something like that.)

Harmtouch - Purple (Uses your dark energy to cause damage. Perhaps thats the color of your aura?.)

Decay - Grey (Decay could be related to aging/old age. Sort of like the greying of hair.)

Force Push/Pull - One of them Green (lime), one Blue (For distinguishing purposes and because the light side of the force uses green and blue light sabers.)

Smite - Yellow (Using devine light to strike your foe.)

Layhands - White (Like a doctors jacket or healing items which are usually white such as gauze and the absorbent pad on a band aid.)

Blood Boil - Orange or red (I'm not sure if you could make Blood Boil look like the bubbles underwater, except above water, transparent and orange/red, and all around the player. Perhaps even obscuring vision?)

Just some thoughts. :)
- Merikku

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
GroupTeleport - Light Blue
Port - Light Blue
Teleport - Light Blue

Three teleportation skills. I always sort of associate with blue/white with teleportation, so that's where the light blue comes from.

Root - Green

Vines hold your target in place.

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
That sounds good, root green or brown. And I agree with ports having light blue. perhaps shooting straight upwards like a small pillar of light surrounding the casting player.

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
It would make more sense for it to be Purple. Maintains the evil feeling without confusion. What is the black color on harmtouch? What causes it? Why would it be black? Is an evil spirit coming out to harm? That sounds more like Drain Soul. Necromancer uses the evil spirits to drain the life force of the affected person/monster/animal. Harm touch sounds like the DK hits them with a palm or index finger and it hurts them horribly. Perhaps leaving a Purple inprint of the palm (not saying to code that in lol just saying how i visualize it) and using your life energy to do so. An evil energy should have color (unless its an evil spirit), evil is usually red or dark purple. Purple should be the best choice xD

Again these are just ideas and things ive seen in other MMO's/movies/fantasy topics in general.
:3

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
Kainzo

Thats cool, maybe he will like some of my ideas, maybe not. Either way its going to be awesome :D

arcanegrove

Obsidian
It would make more sense for it to be Purple. Maintains the evil feeling without confusion. What is the black color on harmtouch? What causes it? Why would it be black? Is an evil spirit coming out to harm? That sounds more like Drain Soul. Necromancer uses the evil spirits to drain the life force of the affected person/monster/animal. Harm touch sounds like the DK hits them with a palm or index finger and it hurts them horribly. Perhaps leaving a Purple inprint of the palm (not saying to code that in lol just saying how i visualize it) and using your life energy to do so. An evil energy should have color (unless its an evil spirit), evil is usually red or dark purple. Purple should be the best choice xD

Again these are just ideas and things ive seen in other MMO's/movies/fantasy topics in general.
:3

I thinks of harmtouch being a crimson red...

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmm, no skills suggested for Runeblade (probably because nobody uses that class except for me).

Iceblade - Light blue, fade into dark blue. - Star burst
Duskblade - Start out black, fade into red. - Star burst

EDIT: Changed like Kainzo asked, couldn't find the different type of fireworks. :confused:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please note each firworks effect can have a starting color and fade color. So make changes necessary. There are also three or four types of fireworks. Google them