• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Faction Problems

JacobBurkey

Portal
Ok, the goal is FLUID PVP. Track gives people pvp more fluidly than any other skill. It may not be much work to find factions, but it can be incredibly boring walking around the map for a hour or two just to make sure that you know where every current faction is, and needing to constantly do that as factions are always being made or moved.

I have more than enough experience with factions as the server that brought me to HC was a heroes faction server. There was no track skill that I can recall on that server (however I have a terrible memory) but people would just tell you their cords. There was also always fluid pvp any time of the day outside certain bases/towns. Most people also do not spend all of their time inside their bases, so just knowing the land they have claimed can be pretty useless.
Sadly you can"t compare how pvp used to be back then to how it is now, whether that's HC or b4u. I don't know why but the mentality now is to hide and stack as much shit as you can and not pvp because you don't want to lose it. Back then like you mentioned on b4u, there would be mass battles or group fights outside of spawn because people wanted to have fun. Same with how it used to be on HC, people used to just pvp for fun.

Idk I guess my point is that yeah you need track to find bases and pvp since nobody is gonna come out and fight for fun anymore.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Sadly you can"t compare how pvp used to be back then to how it is now, whether that's HC or b4u. I don't know why but the mentality now is to hide and stack as much shit as you can and not pvp because you don't want to lose it. Back then like you mentioned on b4u, there would be mass battles or group fights outside of spawn because people wanted to have fun. Same with how it used to be on HC, people used to just pvp for fun.

Idk I guess my point is that yeah you need track to find bases and pvp since nobody is gonna come out and fight for fun anymore.
Then again... There were nodes that spawned ores every so often and leather/meat spawners so people could get back what they lost very fast. It made it much easier to recover from losing everything.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2

Which is a shame, it was fun not really having a true list of allies and enemies, you kinda just pvped with whoever sent you a PM. Was a good way to get to know a lot of people on the server just hanging out with them after fights.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Then again... There were nodes that spawned ores every so often and leather/meat spawners so people could get back what they lost very fast. It made it much easier to recover from losing everything.
On this note, im trying to set up a regen ore/node system around spawn so that its a hot spot for pvp.

Hows that sound?

I do think that part of the problem with the current PvP is the community. Don't jump to conclusions, hear me out and read. There are a lot of people that I noticed pretty quickly to be very knowledgeable about the plugin and very good at PvP in general, and I am sure other people who have come over from survival have noticed that as well. There isn't a problem with this in itself, but it seems like a lot of you guys have pooled into one or two factions, and that's pretty intimidating. If I decide to raid someone I am definitely gonna choose some players new to the server instead of you guys, because I see some of you and think: "Well, shit. Bye armor and sword." It's a bit similar with new players, except they either rush into a fight or hide forever, because they know absolutely no one.

If you want a healthy and fluid PvP system you guys need to disperse a little bit, make your own factions of join some of your other friends, but don't consolidate your power. If you're patient enough after that, take in some of the newer players and give them a faction. It's just so early on the map and there's already what seems a bit like an insurmountable challenge in the way. Sure, if you managed to rally all of the new factions then that would be an awesome fight, but no one can compete yet.

Sure, if you have renewable resource nodes with leather and ores it would be great for PvP and I would totally jump into the fray a little more carefree, but for now you guys need to guide the newer players into the server and help the population grow to get closer to the PvP experience that you loved earlier in the server history.

I'll probably get some f-palms or dislikes for this, but it's just my opinion.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I do think that part of the problem with the current PvP is the community. Don't jump to conclusions, hear me out and read. There are a lot of people that I noticed pretty quickly to be very knowledgeable about the plugin and very good at PvP in general, and I am sure other people who have come over from survival have noticed that as well. There isn't a problem with this in itself, but it seems like a lot of you guys have pooled into one or two factions, and that's pretty intimidating. If I decide to raid someone I am definitely gonna choose some players new to the server instead of you guys, because I see some of you and think: "Well, shit. Bye armor and sword." It's a bit similar with new players, except they either rush into a fight or hide forever, because they know absolutely no one.

If you want a healthy and fluid PvP system you guys need to disperse a little bit, make your own factions of join some of your other friends, but don't consolidate your power. If you're patient enough after that, take in some of the newer players and give them a faction. It's just so early on the map and there's already what seems a bit like an insurmountable challenge in the way. Sure, if you managed to rally all of the new factions then that would be an awesome fight, but no one can compete yet.

Sure, if you have renewable resource nodes with leather and ores it would be great for PvP and I would totally jump into the fray a little more carefree, but for now you guys need to guide the newer players into the server and help the population grow to get closer to the PvP experience that you loved earlier in the server history.

I'll probably get some f-palms or dislikes for this, but it's just my opinion.
I actually tried doing this in I think valorium, however it is very hard to teach people to fight when they are nervous of losing all of their gear. Not sure how much of a problem it will be on factions, but you also need to find a class that your recruits are both good at and have fun with and they need to level that class. Factions also has the issue that new recruits can screw you over so there is a trust issue.

@Kainzo ore nodes in special mining areas would be amazing as it would give player the items they need to recover fast and let players level their prof faster. On the same not would to be possible to get cow pens? It would ensure everyone has food which IMO is one of the most annoying parts of joining a server. A cow pen would also give a stable source of leather as nobody has giant farms to power grind a farmer up.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I agree and disagree. Yes, it helps with defense, but you'll end up with impenetrable boxes covered in water that cannot be raided.
Wrong. Instead of shooting tnt first, you shoot sand to clog up the water then fire the tnt.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Professions need a lot of work. They end up limiting a lot of things (Engineer for all redstone purposes, Miner for TnT,/Obsidian placement, Merchant everyone should be able to sell things). Another thing would be chain armor creation. It should be open to everyone (just through a crafting recipe) while blacksmith is just for repairs (I can't get chain helmets half the time because there is no blacksmith around).

Another quality of life change would be to have mobs drop golden nuggets every once in a while. Same thing with crops (Farmer life)

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Professions need a lot of work. They end up limiting a lot of things (Engineer for all redstone purposes, Miner for TnT,/Obsidian placement, Merchant everyone should be able to sell things). Another thing would be chain armor creation. It should be open to everyone (just through a crafting recipe) while blacksmith is just for repairs (I can't get chain helmets half the time because there is no blacksmith around).

Another quality of life change would be to have mobs drop golden nuggets every once in a while. Same thing with crops (Farmer life)
I'm selling all chain armor!

I would also like to add that there doesn't seem to be a use for enchanters when we have the Token system around. Tokens are easy to get and pretty much give you most enchantments that you would want.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

I think all of these things is a good idea. Should be pretty simple to implement as well!

Someone make a note for this if I forget for the next balance meeting.
I'm selling all chain armor!

I would also like to add that there doesn't seem to be a use for enchanters when we have the Token system around. Tokens are easy to get and pretty much give you most enchantments that you would want.
We can rip out the token system, seems a little overused and kills the professions...

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I might be totally out of the loop, but do all professions have access to tnt? Placement that is not the skills.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Kainzo I really like the tokens system and would like to simplify the amount of profs anywhere possible. For example removing farmer on Factions for a couple cow spawners at spawn, removing Enchanter for the tokens system and restricting less to engineer but maybe keeping any siege skill that they have.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
So should every profession get it then? TnT is pretty central in factions, it would seem good to have all classes be able to at least place tnt.
I personally do not think ever class should get it, but lower the level needed to use it as a miner.