• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Faction Problems

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I feel that the ranger's skill "track" needs to be removed because it allows many people to easily find bases and well hidden bases are no longer an option, which will lead to all based being impenetrable from outsiders
The whole point of factions is to raid, when you try to hide a base away and not let others raid you why play? Without track people will just hide their bases away and never PvP and just do whatever PvErs do. Track has been in the game since dragongarde and it does not make any sense to remove it just because a few people that do not normally look forward to raiding and PvP cannot hide their bases. Factions is for PvP if you would rather not have PvP the survival server is the one for you.

Zelphril

Legacy Supporter 7
That's exactly what I was thinking.

The world size is small enough for individuals to find factions already, track is overkill
You are dumb. The point of a factions server is for factions to interact with other factions (via pvp or alliances). Track helps factions find others that try to hide at bedrock layer and never come out :D

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The mistake you made was assuming I was speaking on behalf of my faction, which i wasn't. I was speaking on behalf of any players that join post these events. You can continue to defend these events like they made barely any difference for the playerbase at all, which is untrue but you can hold to your opinion. You completely ignored my point on the fact that those who did attend the event were given a gateway to get ahead on the server. You also failed to understand the point of view of any new player that may join the server. Like @IronAegis said, those events make it near impossible for new players to build a faction themselves because of how far behind they are because of it, forcing them to join a faction who did take part. This leads to few large factions rather than many small ones, which is better for a factions community. I fear that you mistook my negative feelings toward the events as requital for my own faction. Fortunately I'm not that self centered, I like to consider the place of less experienced players on the server. The events were poorly planned, timed, executed, and way too forced, that is just a fact. I don't wish to continue this conversation any further because there will be no gains from it. Thanks for sharing your side of things.
I think this is actually funny. There will ALWAYS be large factions that dominate the others and that is just how it is. Also, the goal was people being able to grind out mastering a class in 1 day, a few hours won't make a huge difference but it will show that there is an active group of staff members that will run events. The xp difference is not the problem blocking people from starting new factions, it's the problem of them knowing 0 people on the server when they join. As we all know it's also much easier to make an enemy than it is an ally, and my Faction has declared almost every other faction an enemy as soon as they were founded.

On the subject of track however... There is no reason to remove it. None. At all. This server was made for fluid pvp, and track is the perfect skill to make that happen. I would actually argue for MORE track like skills because do you know how boring it is looking for people to fight? Track can enable healthy pvp, and unhealthy pvp however that doesn't mean remove the skill. It gives risk to people mining, but on the off-hand it can cause people to endlessly camp your base until you come out and fight (Which IMO you should come out to fight whenever you can afford the gear and the power if you haven't recently fought.)
If you never come out to fight, people will hunt you until you do. With track or without it. Stronger factions always kill the weaker ones, that's the nature of the plugin.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Also murasame is broken. I'm guessing this has been a thing for quite awhile now. If so, a broken skill should not be filling samurai's skills on faction. It either needs to be fixed so it can heal your hp, OR it needs to get a way lower cd. I don't like having a 2min cd bash.
If we aren't able to fix this then I highly recommend putting mortalwound to fill that place. The skill is pretty much made for samurai for the fact that samurai has had it ever since the class came out before berserker, and I believe they have it now. It's a great DOT and the healing reduction will help out against healers.
While I'm on the topic of skills. Web needs to be added to Necro. Mages are extremely weak atm since speed pots are not a thing for combat. You will get fucked by any class with mobility no matter what mage you are. Atleast some of them do have blink and such, but Necro has no cc in their kit, a speed boost, or a blink. Web is a great fix to this and I find battery to be quite useless and should remove battery for web.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Also murasame is broken. I'm guessing this has been a thing for quite awhile now. If so, a broken skill should not be filling samurai's skills on faction. It either needs to be fixed so it can heal your hp, OR it needs to get a way lower cd. I don't like having a 2min cd bash.
If we aren't able to fix this then I highly recommend putting mortalwound to fill that place. The skill is pretty much made for samurai for the fact that samurai has had it ever since the class came out before berserker, and I believe they have it now. It's a great DOT and the healing reduction will help out against healers.
While I'm on the topic of skills. Web needs to be added to Necro. Mages are extremely weak atm since speed pots are not a thing for combat. You will get fucked by any class with mobility no matter what mage you are. Atleast some of them do have blink and such, but Necro has no cc in their kit, a speed boost, or a blink. Web is a great fix to this and I find battery to be quite useless and should remove battery for web.
Devouringdarkness would be replaced with web since it is the cc that necro has right now and I do believe that murasame was supposed to have a lower cd but I am guessing it never got pushed.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Devouringdarkness would be replaced with web since it is the cc that necro has right now and I do believe that murasame was supposed to have a lower cd but I am guessing it never got pushed.
We shouldn't take their other cc out of their kit. Think of all the other mages. They have cc, with blinks. Or have 3 spells with cc. Necro has one. Necro needs 2 cc spells. Not just one.

IronAegis

Legacy Supporter 4
The whole point of factions is to raid, when you try to hide a base away and not let others raid you why play? Without track people will just hide their bases away and never PvP and just do whatever PvErs do. Track has been in the game since dragongarde and it does not make any sense to remove it just because a few people that do not normally look forward to raiding and PvP cannot hide their bases. Factions is for PvP if you would rather not have PvP the survival server is the one for you.
You see to not grasp a few concepts
1) Faction names show up when you walk over them so if a base is hidden it would still be found and tnted into
2) Just because something worked in the past it does not necessarily mean it will work in the future, this is a new server and is entirely different compared to the past, so do not even compare the two
So my main point is that tracking is a lazy way of finding a base, it is way easier than walking around and actually exploring the map for bases

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
You are dumb. The point of a factions server is for factions to interact with other factions (via pvp or alliances). Track helps factions find others that try to hide at bedrock layer and never come out :D
I think this is actually funny. There will ALWAYS be large factions that dominate the others and that is just how it is. Also, the goal was people being able to grind out mastering a class in 1 day, a few hours won't make a huge difference but it will show that there is an active group of staff members that will run events. The xp difference is not the problem blocking people from starting new factions, it's the problem of them knowing 0 people on the server when they join. As we all know it's also much easier to make an enemy than it is an ally, and my Faction has declared almost every other faction an enemy as soon as they were founded.

On the subject of track however... There is no reason to remove it. None. At all. This server was made for fluid pvp, and track is the perfect skill to make that happen. I would actually argue for MORE track like skills because do you know how boring it is looking for people to fight? Track can enable healthy pvp, and unhealthy pvp however that doesn't mean remove the skill. It gives risk to people mining, but on the off-hand it can cause people to endlessly camp your base until you come out and fight (Which IMO you should come out to fight whenever you can afford the gear and the power if you haven't recently fought.)
If you never come out to fight, people will hunt you until you do. With track or without it. Stronger factions always kill the weaker ones, that's the nature of the plugin.
The world is tiny
Faction names pop up when you are over them
/f map
Track is overkill, if you want to raid a faction, put in the work to find them, which frankly isnt a lot of work at all.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
The world is tiny
/f map
Track is overkill, if you want to raid a faction, put in the work to find them, which frankly isnt a lot of work at all.
Here is the problem with removing track as of now, there isn't enough people on the server, yes the map may be small, but at most there is 25 people on the faction server making it way harder to find people and bases. Unless magically we get 100+ players then ranger having track is necessary.

Last edited:

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
The world size is small enough for individuals to find factions already, track is overkill
Sorry, I don't feel like running in circles around the map to find your faction that you move every day. Instead of worrying about someone finding your faction, why don't you just try to make your base hard to raid?

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Here is the problem with removing track as of now, there isn't enough people on the server, yes the map may be small, but at most there is 25 people on the faction server making it way harder to find people and bases. Unless magically we get 100+ players then ranget having track is necessary.
Sorry, I don't feel like running in circles around the map to find your faction that you move every day. Instead of worrying about someone finding your faction, why don't you just try to make your base hard to raid?
I love when every post I make everyone replies to it targetting my faction, stop crying, I'm not talking about my faction I'm talking about factionS

I don't think a lot of you have much experience with factions, but I reccomend looking up what /f map could do, there's a nice trick to it.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Okay everyone keep it civilized no bashing people's or calling people out. If you can't have a civilized discussion you won't have one. No more name calling. If you have something to say state your point and back it up there is no need to be uncivilized

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Parties are also broken when it comes to leveling as a group. I tested it twice so far. First was mining. I was getting around 16-17 exp from mining an iron ore solo. When I had a 2 man party, I was getting 4.85 per iron block. That's under half the exp of mining it solo. I killed a slime solo, it gave me 23 exp, but when I killed it with a party it gave me 6.48 exp. You practically have to level solo if you want to level. Which takes away the party aspect of leveling with friends. I believe this is a bug. If not then I think this should be fixed. @Kainzo
I also believe the exp rate of blaze spawners should be buffed a little. A natural spawn gives 114 atm. While a regular spawner gives 57. It's alright exp. But it is honestly cancer to kill them when I'm solo. I almost die everytime when I have them shooting at me lol. Not buffed a lot, but maybe 65-75?

We are also experiencing an issue where TnT is blowing up stuff through Water. It shouldn't be doing that, not sure if you can do anything about that Kainzo.
TNT blowing stuff up through water is the desired effect and is being handled by a plugin.

Obsidian protects but only 95% of the time.

The party system, let me check why that is... I believe it is due to the paths and how they are set up. I'll try and get a toggle in so we can fall back on the old system.

first paths are Tier 0. Next ones are Tier 1. This is so that your choices in /hero paths are shown correctly.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
TNT blowing stuff up through water is the desired effect and is being handled by a plugin.

The party system, let me check why that is... I believe it is due to the paths and how they are set up. I'll try and get a toggle in so we can fall back on the old system.

first paths are Tier 0. Next ones are Tier 1. This is so that your choices in /hero paths are shown correctly.

Do we want tnt going through water? I think most people can agree that we want water as a way to defend ourselves. I think everyone can agree that we want to put in the work to be able to make our bases less susceptible to raiders in any little way possible

Do we want tnt going through water? I think most people can agree that we want water as a way to defend ourselves. I think everyone can agree that we want to put in the work to be able to make our bases less susceptible to raiders in any little way possible
I agree and disagree. Yes, it helps with defense, but you'll end up with impenetrable boxes covered in water that cannot be raided.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

So the problem I believe is with the higher level getting Exp. I was getting like 25 exp with slimes with a different friend, while he was getting 7.
will coal, I was getting 4.05 and he was getting 1.22.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I agree and disagree. Yes, it helps with defense, but you'll end up with impenetrable boxes covered in water that cannot be raided.
Can confirm, when I played a factions server my base was a cobble box covered in water.
Only way someone got in was block glitching to press a button.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here is the problem with removing track as of now, there isn't enough people on the server, yes the map may be small, but at most there is 25 people on the faction server making it way harder to find people and bases. Unless magically we get 100+ players then ranger having track is necessary.
We had 45 on at one point, but I agree there arent 100+ yet.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The world is tiny
/f map
Ok, the goal is FLUID PVP. Track gives people pvp more fluidly than any other skill. It may not be much work to find factions, but it can be incredibly boring walking around the map for a hour or two just to make sure that you know where every current faction is, and needing to constantly do that as factions are always being made or moved.

I have more than enough experience with factions as the server that brought me to HC was a heroes faction server. There was no track skill that I can recall on that server (however I have a terrible memory) but people would just tell you their cords. There was also always fluid pvp any time of the day outside certain bases/towns. Most people also do not spend all of their time inside their bases, so just knowing the land they have claimed can be pretty useless.