• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Faction Problems

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
In my opinion the events saved, at most 2-3 days of work spent in leveling. While you cannot ignore the consequences of an event you also cannot compare the amount of work put in by two different groups of people. Some people spend more time online than others, and those people tend to master classes faster, event or no event. I assume that most of the people in your faction did not attend the event which is why you attack it so egregiously. However you also cannot deny that the people in your faction tend to play less than those who are far up in their levels. Time is the ultimate coefficient, you can't just deny the time that dedicated levelers put into the time towards leveling their classes.

I attended the second event. In the time after that I haven't mined at all, and I've put my time into mastering another base class. And as for the "impenetrable farming areas" I invite you to see what my farming area looks like. http://imgur.com/a/BMChn Very safe as you can see, pretty much no one will ever be able to get in here. You can't just complain about level unfairness when you sit around in your faction home all day. Leveling is done in the wilderness and to get out there you need to go outside sometimes.
The mistake you made was assuming I was speaking on behalf of my faction, which i wasn't. I was speaking on behalf of any players that join post these events. You can continue to defend these events like they made barely any difference for the playerbase at all, which is untrue but you can hold to your opinion. You completely ignored my point on the fact that those who did attend the event were given a gateway to get ahead on the server. You also failed to understand the point of view of any new player that may join the server. Like @IronAegis said, those events make it near impossible for new players to build a faction themselves because of how far behind they are because of it, forcing them to join a faction who did take part. This leads to few large factions rather than many small ones, which is better for a factions community. I fear that you mistook my negative feelings toward the events as requital for my own faction. Fortunately I'm not that self centered, I like to consider the place of less experienced players on the server. The events were poorly planned, timed, executed, and way too forced, that is just a fact. I don't wish to continue this conversation any further because there will be no gains from it. Thanks for sharing your side of things.

The mistake you made was assuming I was speaking on behalf of my faction, which i wasn't. I was speaking on behalf of any players that join post these events. You can continue to defend these events like they made barely any difference for the playerbase at all, which is untrue but you can hold to your opinion. You completely ignored my point on the fact that those who did attend the event were given a gateway to get ahead on the server. You also failed to understand the point of view of any new player that may join the server. Like @IronAegis said, those events make it near impossible for new players to build a faction themselves because of how far behind they are because of it, forcing them to join a faction who did take part. This leads to few large factions rather than many small ones, which is better for a factions community. I fear that you mistook my negative feelings toward the events as requital for my own faction. Fortunately I'm not that self centered, I like to consider the place of less experienced players on the server. The events were poorly planned, timed, executed, and way too forced, that is just a fact. I don't wish to continue this conversation any further because there will be no gains from it. Thanks for sharing your side of things.
I haven't joined the server yet. Let's test your hypothesis.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2

So you're defending players that haven't joined claiming their future experiences as the basis of your argument? I suggested your faction because you had already mentioned that only a few of your members were in the events. I've already seen new factions poping up, but I can't be sure if they joined before or after the event. Outside of your faction the already established factions haven't recruited new members at all. Them having or not levels wouldn't change the fact that most groups are trying to keep their faction small to prevent a massive drop in power when they lose a fight. I think it's too early to tell if new players have trouble starting their own factions or not.

Should be easy. Enough people looking for a faction, just recruit a few, get a solid mining operation and with 5c per gold it shouldn't take long provided you avoid PvP long enough to get established.

EDIT: And looks like faction cap was put in at 15

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Should be easy. Enough people looking for a faction, just recruit a few, get a solid mining operation and with 5c per gold it shouldn't take long provided you avoid PvP long enough to get established.

EDIT: And looks like faction cap was put in at 15
Yes Kainzo put in some changes to factions, power per player is now set at 10, regen is .2 down from .3 and faction size is now 15. All factions will be adjusted soon to meet the requirements.

So two small things I noticed which I am not sure are intentional:
1. For some reason spiders spawned from a spider spawner do not give me exp. I was super stoked when I found it, but it bummed me out not getting exp.
2. Rei's mini map now shows underground tunnels... And bases. So if you are at the right height you can see other people's bases or their entrances, which makes me nervous.

Don't know why these would be intentional, so I figured I would put it in here.

And one more thing: there's no tutorial! If there's a new player to the server who goes straight to factions they have no idea what is going on! And I know this, because there was a new player who went straight to factions and they had no idea what was going on!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So two small things I noticed which I am not sure are intentional:
1. For some reason spiders spawned from a spider spawner do not give me exp. I was super stoked when I found it, but it bummed me out not getting exp.
2. Rei's mini map now shows underground tunnels... And bases. So if you are at the right height you can see other people's bases or their entrances, which makes me nervous.

Don't know why these would be intentional, so I figured I would put it in here.
Both will be fixed next patch!

This still leaves the issue of factions such as LlamaEmpire having 330 power. There's no way that anyone is going to get through that power to claim over faction land. Maybe capping players isn't the correct approach, but I think something needs to be done to stop huge factions from claiming giant areas and have such high power nobody can stop them.
We have addressed this with power caps. You can have a lot of players but it will cap the power to what we feel is necessary to raid.

I merged these two threads together.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
And one more thing: there's no tutorial! If there's a new player to the server who goes straight to factions they have no idea what is going on! And I know this, because there was a new player who went straight to factions and they had no idea what was going on!
A tutorial is probably necessary, it'll be thought over and done soon. We'll need architects and others to work on something simplistic.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So you're defending players that haven't joined claiming their future experiences as the basis of your argument? I suggested your faction because you had already mentioned that only a few of your members were in the events. I've already seen new factions poping up, but I can't be sure if they joined before or after the event. Outside of your faction the already established factions haven't recruited new members at all. Them having or not levels wouldn't change the fact that most groups are trying to keep their faction small to prevent a massive drop in power when they lose a fight. I think it's too early to tell if new players have trouble starting their own factions or not.
We wont be having server starting events in the future.. The natural leveling experience is part of the interest of a starting server.
@Admins | @Moderators

A tutorial is probably necessary, it'll be thought over and done soon. We'll need architects and others to work on something simplistic.
I would suggest just a basic overview of how to use/bind skills, selecting a class, how to level a class/profession, and then a book with commands on information about classes (armor, tools, weapons, etc). Nothing too complex, but give them the basics of the map.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I would suggest just a basic overview of how to use/bind skills, selecting a class, how to level a class/profession, and then a book with commands on information about classes (armor, tools, weapons, etc). Nothing too complex, but give them the basics of the map.
We could just copy/paste the Survival one and tone it down for just whats needed on Factions

IronAegis

Legacy Supporter 4
I feel that the ranger's skill "track" needs to be removed because it allows many people to easily find bases and well hidden bases are no longer an option, which will lead to all based being impenetrable from outsiders

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
We wont be having server starting events in the future.. The natural leveling experience is part of the interest of a starting server.
@Admins | @Moderators
That's exactly what I was thinking.
I feel that the ranger's skill "track" needs to be removed because it allows many people to easily find bases and well hidden bases are no longer an option, which will lead to all based being impenetrable from outsiders
The world size is small enough for individuals to find factions already, track is overkill

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Parties are also broken when it comes to leveling as a group. I tested it twice so far. First was mining. I was getting around 16-17 exp from mining an iron ore solo. When I had a 2 man party, I was getting 4.85 per iron block. That's under half the exp of mining it solo. I killed a slime solo, it gave me 23 exp, but when I killed it with a party it gave me 6.48 exp. You practically have to level solo if you want to level. Which takes away the party aspect of leveling with friends. I believe this is a bug. If not then I think this should be fixed. @Kainzo
I also believe the exp rate of blaze spawners should be buffed a little. A natural spawn gives 114 atm. While a regular spawner gives 57. It's alright exp. But it is honestly cancer to kill them when I'm solo. I almost die everytime when I have them shooting at me lol. Not buffed a lot, but maybe 65-75?

We are also experiencing an issue where TnT is blowing up stuff through Water. It shouldn't be doing that, not sure if you can do anything about that Kainzo.