• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enderpearls Shouldn't be used to get through 1x1 Holes

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello. Recently, enderpearls were used by a wizard to get through a 1x1 hole in my town's region. This seems like a flawed concept in itself and shouldn't it be considered an exploit?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
1. If there is one thing in this game that could get through 1x1 holes, it's ender pearls.
2. You can have a town sealed up so tightly as to make this a non-issue.
3. You shouldn't expect your town to have foolproof defenses unless that's your shtick. Otherwise, welcome to Herocraft.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Hello. Recently, enderpearls were used by a wizard to get through a 1x1 hole in my town's region. This seems like a flawed concept in itself and shouldn't it be considered an exploit?
In your town you have wide open wholes to shoot arrows out of. That was what you are going to have to trade with.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'd be fine with the issue; however it makes people have to put dirt over their doors, their gates, ect. It makes redstone-torch activated mechanics useless because people can just hop through. With dirt over gates, doors, ect, it makes areas ugly. :( Just a personal view there.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Your missing the point of enderpearls. One of their main uses is to get to hard to reach places. This includes over walls or through holes in them.

As a developer, calculating the flight path of an enderpearl and determining if it goes through a one by one hole would be a time-consuming hassle, most likely performance heavy, and most of all a waste of time considering that time could be spent making far better features. It's also a pretty heavy nerf to the perk.

The only practical thing the staff can do to solve this "problem" is to ban enderpearls, and that won't be liked.

Build better defenses. That's all that I can think of.

A

alexhoff1

Depends on who you are talking about here,

the hole of which you speak was on your roof, correct? if so, that is a pretty easy hole to get to, all you have to do is use enderpearls to get UP.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Ender pearls = Way to ruin the last sight of creativity and safety in towns at once. Dirt, dirt everywhere!

All the raiders complain how ugly towns are, yet they push the coders to make more skills for them to raid with which will cause more ugly towns as people will dirt up every single hole in their walls, gates.

Most people disagreeing are wizards, they don't want to lose the perfect exploit skill they received. If you can't fit in a hole, don't go trough it. Before anyone comment: That's what she said.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
No, I dont mean that. I mean that no one can get inside with pearls even with NO WALLS.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Ender pearls = Way to ruin the last sight of creativity and safety in towns at once. Dirt, dirt everywhere!

All the raiders complain how ugly towns are, yet they push the coders to make more skills for them to raid with which will cause more ugly towns as people will dirt up every single hole in their walls, gates.

Most people disagreeing are wizards, they don't want to lose the perfect exploit skill they received. If you can't fit in a hole, don't go trough it. Before anyone comment: That's what she said.
I don't think 1x 1 holes ought to be totally secure and I don't think we should Nerf vanilla content to improve the security of our townships. I would say the same if I was still a dragoon and a mayor. And if someone thinks the only way to deal with this it's to put dirt everywhere I feel bad for them. I can think of no less than 3 other ways to respond to this situation without even mentioning dirt.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Vanilla content has been nerfed already. Like sword enchantment, the enchantments for swords are useful for casters and farmers. If a Wizard can have a crazy OP blinky enderpeal skill, why can't people have fire aspect and sharpness swords and wreck up 200+ damage per hit? With enderpearls, they can escape from any battle by just throwing it at random. They can break into noble plots in spawn. They can break into any town. (Including Lorien, alexhoff used enderpearls to get inside there too). This really ruins gates for townships, now people can just enderpearl trough the 0.25 hole at the sides.

Wizard is already one of the cheapest class to play and takes very little skill in combat. A bad wizard can deal 500 damage easily (Fireball, Fireblast and bolt). Now they make wizard even cheaper by giving them an "OH SHIT-button" AKA: enderpearls.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
1. How is something that was intended to be done in normal MC considered an exploit?
2. Why should it be changed because you're too lazy to design a door that can't be enderpealed through?
I'd be fine with the issue; however it makes people have to put dirt over their doors, their gates, ect. It makes redstone-torch activated mechanics useless because people can just hop through. With dirt over gates, doors, ect, it makes areas ugly. :( Just a personal view there.
No it doesn't you're just bad at designing gates/doors.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
1. How is something that was intended to be done in normal MC considered an exploit?
2. Why should it be changed because you're too lazy to design a door that can't be enderpealed through?

No it doesn't you're just bad at designing gates/doors.
So now you say: Enderpearls must stay and if you can't deal with it, you suck.

Everyone here who supports enderpearls are fucking wizards, so why do I even try to convincr.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Well I guess it is a reason why you ain't allowed to blink through 1x1 holes?

@Dazureus said you should nerd vanilla content?
It is already nerfed since ONLY wizards can do it, so I don't see a problem whit it being nerfed a bit more :D

I know it is "possible" to design gates, doors and others that does not require dirt on top, but all in all it closes opportunities for towns to be creative, after all the only way to get a township 100% secure is a BOX, it doesn't need to be made of the same material all over, it can look beautiful, but it's still a box whit roof.

If the enderpearls stay you can't even have small holes in your box,
People still complain over that other live in boxes and all towns is so ugly, that's because the towns want an auto defend (walls/roof).
This will make peoples auto defend even worse.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
what's the point of having blinking through a 1x1 hole illegal if you can just use a enderpearls ?