• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enderpearls Shouldn't be used to get through 1x1 Holes

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So now you say: Enderpearls must stay and if you can't deal with it, you suck.
This server is a Hardcore server. Meaning we use all the mechanics that are in default minecraft as they are designed for in the base game. This includes enderpearls.
Everyone here who supports enderpearls are fucking wizards, so why do I even try to convincr.
So every single Mod+ member of staff is a wizard are they?
This is news to me...

Kjeirstan - Not a Wizard
Kwong - Not a Wizard
Your argument is somewhat flawed
With enderpearls, they can escape from any battle by just throwing it at random.
Because Samurai and Ninja's can't use one to escape from battle and Dragoons can't use jump to do so....
They can break into any town.
I'd like to see you get into Legacy's vault with an enderpearl.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This server is a Hardcore server. Meaning we use all the mechanics that are in default minecraft as they are designed for in the base game. This includes enderpearls.

Because Samurai and Ninja's can't use one to escape from battle and Dragoons can't use jump to do so....

I'd like to see you get into Legacy's vault with an enderpearl.
Samurais and Ninjas can't use One to flee from battles because One takes over half of our stam, and we use all our stam fighting. Also, sure if you want to have a town like Legacy with an open area with nothing in it and then everyone living Underground, sure it's okey. Too bad most people dislike living underground. Also not all towns have so few members that they trust everyone to have a Vault. Also you say ''We use all mechanics that are in default minecraft as they are designed for in the base game'' Then why can't classes using swords have enchantments on them that are useful? Like, sharpness V Fire aspect II, 250+++dmg every hit plus fire ticks, that would be so balanced. Too bad the mechanics of the original game isn't in use on Herocraft, else I would run around with crazy enchanted swords 3-hitting stuff.

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with Etk, if your adding in Vannila features, then I want a fire 2 sharp 5 sword for my ninja plox

whazup911

Stone

This server is far from a "default" minecraft hardcore server. The server itself has many mods (regions/lwc/heroes/spoutcraft/etc), and we DO NOT use all the mechanics that are default in the base game. We're talking about balance gameplay in the whole scheme of things. If we are using default mechanics designed for the base game then:

-Why can't we all wear diamond helm/legging/armor/boots
-Why are half of the enchanted items taken out (fire aspect, sharp, power, silk touch, fortune, etc)
-Why do potions not work as in "default" minecraft?
-Why is everyone wearing chainmail when there is no way of crafting it?
-Why do we ban things from "default" minecraft like items duping/piston glitching? That is in the default minecraft, then why not allow it first?

Minecraft is still a changing game, there are many bugs and glitches that might or might not be fixed. And from what I see, Kainzo and the team is making every effort to make the game balanced in the whole scheme of things. This is why we're in the suggestion part of the forum, because many of us think it is necessary to take Ender Pearls out to keep the game balance in "our" server.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd be fine with the issue; however it makes people have to put dirt over their doors, their gates, ect. It makes redstone-torch activated mechanics useless because people can just hop through. With dirt over gates, doors, ect, it makes areas ugly. :( Just a personal view there.

False, Do you not remember D101? The red torches can be placed in front and behind a door on the ground and removed afterwards. No open spaces, simple lock.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
False, Do you not remember D101? The red torches can be placed in front and behind a door on the ground and removed afterwards. No open spaces, simple lock.

Minecraft/Rich Player Problems In-Coming: But doing this means we have to carry around redstone torches? THE EFFORT! :(

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
-Why do we ban things from "default" minecraft like items duping/piston glitching? That is in the default minecraft, then why not allow it first?
Because that is an unintended bug numb nuts
Minecraft/Rich Player Problems In-Coming: But doing this means we have to carry around redstone torches? THE EFFORT! :(
No it doesn't. Not if you put some effort into designing your doors.
Minecraft is still a changing game, there are many bugs and glitches that might or might not be fixed.
Ok explain to me how Enderpearls traveling through 1x1 holes could possibly be unintended
-Why can't we all wear diamond helm/legging/armor/boots
-Why are half of the enchanted items taken out (fire aspect, sharp, power, silk touch, fortune, etc)
-Why do potions not work as in "default" minecraft?
-Why is everyone wearing chainmail when there is no way of crafting it?
For balance. Enderpearls are balanced and you would realise this if you would put in any time and effort into thinking of ways to counter them. You are currently just crying because your current way of protecting yourself does not work and you now need to come up with something new.
Then why can't classes using swords have enchantments on them that are useful? Like, sharpness V Fire aspect II, 250+++dmg every hit plus fire ticks, that would be so balanced.
Because Enderpearls can be countered by people like you not being lazy, Sharpness and fire aspect cannot...
Off the top of my head I can think of about 3-4 different door designs that cannot be enderpearled through.
Samurais and Ninjas can't use One to flee from battles because One takes over half of our stam, and we use all our stam fighting.
I'm sorry who was using One to escape from draconis the other day?
Oh right you...
uin153 said:
you stole everything from many peoples spawn plots before they were even told about the change and i think that is close to abuse of mod maybe
Actually I will have you know I have only been inside one person's spawn plot All of the others had nothing to do with me. Also this thread was created several days before I did that.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
danda why didnt you adress any of his other points that henry said
^^
Because I'm still writing the post updating it as I'm going along
Also if I catch you posting exploits on the forums again there will be consequences

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I guess i'm alright with the whole idea of pearls being used to get through 1x1 holes.

I can see that it can be avoided, Neotetro reminded me of how useful it was to have a iron-door-redstone-torch-lockdown-protection-thingy-town design! :p

Danda you're defending the use of pearls a lot. ;) Hmm... wonder why? ;)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I guess i'm alright with the whole idea of pearls being used to get through 1x1 holes.

I can see that it can be avoided, Neotetro reminded me of how useful it was to have a iron-door-redstone-torch-lockdown-protection-thingy-town design! :p

Danda you're defending the use of pearls a lot. ;) Hmm... wonder why? ;)
Totally not because he used it to get into every fucking noble plot he could and robbed people.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Totally not because he used it to get into every fucking noble plot he could and robbed people.

If you had the ability you would have done it too. :confused:

I've said it before and i'll say it again;

Cover your chests. I've always covered all my chests with 2 blocks of dirt. All valuables of mine have always been stored inside my LWC (now to be LWCs because i've realised that I can make 3! :D). Even my noble plot doesn't have holes in it. I get in by breaking two dirt blocks. :confused: