• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enderpearls Shouldn't be used to get through 1x1 Holes

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Enderpearls SHOULD be used to get through 1x1 holes, but at least the thief class should be able to get through 1x1 as well.
Thieves definitely should be included if anyone gets this ability. I had an idea last summer for thief holes/hideouts, where theives could crawl through 1x1 holes but client side movement was impossible etc...

Having 2 classes able to get through, both in keeping with roleplay/lore, will make towns rely on piston doors or a simple iron door setup that doesnt leave holes, instead of complaining about wizards.
Its more Hardcore.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
It's not like it's impossible to have a good looking town that isn't threatened by the 1x1 enderpearl issue.

Bad looking towns will continue to look bad if this was exploiting or not.

This isn't vanilla, but just because the way our server works make everybody do silly things you would never do in vanilla doesn't mean we should take out vanilla features for not meshing with our uniquely made features.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
It is legal, and remember everyone to stay on topic of the post; don't attack other members.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
So now you say: Enderpearls must stay and if you can't deal with it, you suck.

Everyone here who supports enderpearls are fucking wizards, so why do I even try to convincr.
I'm not a wizard, well at least I wasn't before I went inactive, but people just need to adapt.. design something that will work.. adapt.

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
TL;DR

Problem with wizards getting it is that they have gport. Pretty much means either glassbox town, no openings. I would actually suggest this skill to ninjas/thiefs, I don't mind 1-2 people getting into my town. Or possibly program it so if a wizard does use an enderpearl, I think they should not be able to use gport for at least 10 minutes, give the townies a little time to realize they're about to get shit on. My 4 cents.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I am not a wizard and I support enderpearls for use in 1x1 holes. I am tired of kids just sitting in there towns safely grinding through the mobs located in there town limits to attempt to level. There should be a level of security to a town, but still a chance to be attacked. So only having one class able to use it and group TP members in to raid/pvp is fair in all honesty. Towns shouldn't be a place to escape the Hardcore aspect of this server. And boxes aren't the only way to keep people out. You can have really good looking towns that prevent enderpearls. Or you could just have a town that is open like NM, Legacy, Holloweentown, etc. Let's just learn to evolve with the server and deal with the fact that you arn't safe except in spawn.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I am not a wizard and I support enderpearls for use in 1x1 holes. I am tired of kids just sitting in there towns safely grinding through the mobs located in there town limits to attempt to level. There should be a level of security to a town, but still a chance to be attacked. So only having one class able to use it and group TP members in to raid/pvp is fair in all honesty. Towns shouldn't be a place to escape the Hardcore aspect of this server. And boxes aren't the only way to keep people out. You can have really good looking towns that prevent enderpearls. Or you could just have a town that is open like Newearth, Legacy, Holloweentown, etc. Let's just learn to evolve with the server and deal with the fact that you arn't safe except in spawn.
But your items arent safe in spawn, thiefs and now pearling into DG plots?

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I am not a wizard and I support enderpearls for use in 1x1 holes. I am tired of kids just sitting in there towns safely grinding through the mobs located in there town limits to attempt to level. There should be a level of security to a town, but still a chance to be attacked. So only having one class able to use it and group TP members in to raid/pvp is fair in all honesty. Towns shouldn't be a place to escape the Hardcore aspect of this server. And boxes aren't the only way to keep people out. You can have really good looking towns that prevent enderpearls. Or you could just have a town that is open like NM, Legacy, Holloweentown, etc. Let's just learn to evolve with the server and deal with the fact that you arn't safe except in spawn.
First like many people think:
Hardcore does NOT equal to PVP.
and if you wanna grind mobs inside your town you gonna use ages since mobs don't spawn nearer than 25 blocks R from you and most regions are 100x100 big (some are bigger).

And next you say two different things, first you say that towns shouldn't be a total safety are (with I agree whit you in), and then you say that you can build beautiful places where raiders can't use enderpearls, with leads to my next point.

As long as you can place blocks and the raider can't are you ALWAYS able to block out PVP if you think fast and smart.
You say you can have open towns like legacy, nevermore and Halloween?
really Legacy got nothing on the surface except a wall and a purple wool circle, nevermore got houses on the surface and all their good stuff underground, I don't know about Halloween town, but I don't think they got everything on the surface.

All this leads me to:
You as a raider can't place blocks there therefore will they always be able to lock you out of their good stuff.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Thank you for proving my point. If you keep you stuff protected there is nothing to worry about. There are no houses in Legacy. All we have is a vault. We live where we are at the moment. We don't have issues with raiders because there is nothing to worry about. My point is that pearls should be used to be able to kill players hiding in towns. I don't care much about loot, for I have plenty of stuff to use for myself and money doesn't really appeal to me. I don't care if I'm in the top 10 for money. Towns shouldn't be a place for safety from pvp. Otherwise PVP would be disabled in towns. And I was talking about being safe in spawn in relation to being killed, not having your stuff looted.