• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enderpearls Shouldn't be used to get through 1x1 Holes

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
and can sombody define what a 1x1 hole is
because torchs and levers count as a section of a block in the mc coding, yet people peral right past them so technicly that wouldnt be a full 1x1 would it? I dont think so

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I guess i'm alright with the whole idea of pearls being used to get through 1x1 holes.
I can see that it can be avoided, Neotetro reminded me of how useful it was to have a iron-door-redstone-torch-lockdown-protection-thingy-town design! :p
Danda you're defending the use of pearls a lot. ;) Hmm... wonder why? ;)
Because in my opinion they should be in. I could say the same for you and anyone else complaining about this. Why are you fighting it so much?
If you put half the effort into creating new doors than you're putting into this thread you would be fine. :p
Totally not because he used it to get into every fucking noble plot he could and robbed people.
You sir need to read people's posts more.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
If you put half the effort into creating new doors than you're putting into this thread you would be fine. :p
Yeah, no kidding. My DG plot has redstone activated piston doors. It's impossible to get in without exploiting. Just get an Engineer to help you guys (not you Danda) out. I had unknownloner help me.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
because torchs and levers count as a section of a block in the mc coding, yet people peral right past them so technicly that wouldnt be a full 1x1 would it? I dont think so
The size of the hole doesn't matter. You just need a tiny gap to throw trough.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Because in my opinion they should be in. I could say the same for you and anyone else complaining about this. Why are you fighting it so much?

I agree; they SHOULD be put in. I changed during the discussion. ;)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah, no kidding. My DG plot has redstone activated piston doors. It's impossible to get in without exploiting. Just get an Engineer to help you guys (not you Danda) out. I had unknownloner help me.
I'm not a high enough level to do much Engineer wise atm anyway :p

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I know of a way you can do redstone torch doors without being vulnerable to enderpearls. @Morningstar42 designed a door where when u break and replace a redstone torch the door will open for a short amount of time. Like a button. But I do agree that they should ONLY be able to get through 1x1 holes. If people manage to get through 1/2 block holes (when using stairs/slabs) then I think it should be considered exploiting. This should also include things like torches. The idea that I was talking about requires an engineer and not everyone knows/has a friend who is an engineer.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
The thing is, you can't debate whether using enderpearls to get through holes should be an exploit. You need to debate whether enderpearls should be removed entirely or not. We can't moderate the usage through small holes because it's impossible to check unless we are watching every Wizard 24/7 or someone records a video of it.

Remember, the automated alert says Join town a township for increased protection, not Join a township for complete and utter protection. ;)

Joka10

Soulsand
Wizards have Blink to perform the majority of functions of the enderpearl. It's got limitations meant to prevent people from getting through 1x1 holes and other things they couldn't normally fit through. I personally think it's a bit counterintuitive to create a teleportation skill limited to prevent Wizards from getting through 1x1 holes, but then still allowing them to kill a couple Endermen and basically have an uber-Blink that bypasses those limitations. To my knowledge, the only requirements for using an Enderpearl on this server are that you're a Wizard and have one in your inventory. There's no mana usage, cooldown, warmup, level requirement, or anything like that that I am aware of.

I think that if you're going to limit Blink (which does have mana usage, level requirement, and cooldown) to be unable to get through 1x1 holes, you should at least make Enderpearl use require mana usage, a certain level, a cooldown, and the like. It just doesn't make sense that you'd have to level to get Blink and be bound by the 1x1 hole rule as well as those other things, while before even getting that far, you could just kill an Enderman and effectively do the same thing with much lesser limitations.

I think I'm getting a little tangled in my wording, and I'm probably not making my point as well as I could be. Basically, if Enderpearl use can bypass that 1x1 restriction that Blink has, it should at least have a level requirement and cooldown.

But, if you aren't going to limit it that far, then why limit it at all...? Already, you have to be a Wizard to use it... though that's just about the only restriction. It's class specific, yet it's not considered a skill. I can't really think of a less vulgar way to phrase this at the moment, but at this point, the restriction on Enderpearl use is pretty... half-ass. IMO, either call it a skill and treat it like one, or just leave it vanilla.

Again, I think I didn't word that as well as I possibly could have, but if you can actually understand it, that's my opinion on the matter. Chances are that it won't change anyone else's, but I'll put it down anyway.

Joka10

Soulsand
Or remove ender pearls from working, and just let wizard blink though 1x1 holes.
I think probably the better solution would be to make blink require enderpearl as a reagent in order to do that. They are sort of difficult to acquire, and for something as potentially devastating as getting in through a 1x1 hole, you should have to get something a little rarer than redstone (or whatever blink requires currently).

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I think probably the better solution would be to make blink require enderpearl as a reagent in order to do that. They are sort of difficult to acquire, and for something as potentially devastating as getting in through a 1x1 hole, you should have to get something a little rarer than redstone (or whatever blink requires currently).
The thing is blink is an often used skill, even when not raiding. People blink to get on places and to move faster. Enderpearls as regents would be a bit to much IMO

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
My 2 cents:

Enderpearls through 1x1 holes is fine because:
- Towns shouldn't be 100% impenetrable
- Security to Enderpearls while keeping pretty is easily achieved if you think up some sexy designs with redstone
- It adds value to wizard within an acceptable margin
- It's interesting and vanilla
- It's smart.

Enchantments as a vanilla feature is very limited because:
- It breaks Heroes
- Mana dependent users cannot enchant hoes
- It is grossly OP

Blink could potentially be made to require and obsolete an enderpearl, but I dare say it's a lot more effective than a pearl, and pearls are somewhat rare, so it might kill the skill's other uses. Legalizing it to break through 1x1 holes would greatly devalue pearls. A pearl cD is an idea, though.

That is all.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
but isnt the rule that you can only enderearl through 1x1 hoes not 1/2x1/2
No the rules say small holes not 1x1
Technically there is no rule, which is why it is completely legal to go through a 1x1.
Wrong there is a rule. Go check the wiki
Wizards have Blink to perform the majority of functions of the enderpearl. It's got limitations meant to prevent people from getting through 1x1 holes and other things they couldn't normally fit through. I personally think it's a bit counterintuitive to create a teleportation skill limited to prevent Wizards from getting through 1x1 holes, but then still allowing them to kill a couple Endermen and basically have an uber-Blink that bypasses those limitations. To my knowledge, the only requirements for using an Enderpearl on this server are that you're a Wizard and have one in your inventory. There's no mana usage, cooldown, warmup, level requirement, or anything like that that I am aware of.
No there are no cooldowns, warmup etc however there are negative effects. For instance we do take damage after using them based on the distance we travel. I have taken 5 Hearts of damage once when using one.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
My 2 cents:

Enderpearls through 1x1 holes is fine because:
- Towns shouldn't be 100% impenetrable
- Security to Enderpearls while keeping pretty is easily achieved if you think up some sexy designs with redstone
- It adds value to wizard within an acceptable margin
- It's interesting and vanilla
- It's smart.

Enchantments as a vanilla feature is very limited because:
- It breaks Heroes
- Mana dependent users cannot enchant hoes
- It is grossly OP

Blink could potentially be made to require and obsolete an enderpearl, but I dare say it's a lot more effective than a pearl, and pearls are somewhat rare, so it might kill the skill's other uses. Legalizing it to break through 1x1 holes would greatly devalue pearls. A pearl cD is an idea, though.

That is all.
Uhm, the current enchantments are useful for casters/healers only. They walk around with Knockback II wood/stone sword and have their own little forcepush.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Uhm, the current enchantments are useful for casters/healers only. They walk around with Knockback II wood/stone sword and have their own little forcepush.

All users of any class can do that, and it isn't much of a break. Although personally I'd prefer we didn't have weapon enchantments at all, including Knockback, just because of that.

We'd have a lot more problems if we had Samurais with Fire Aspect-Sharpness high level diamond swords.

If only enchantments weren't so OP...

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
I'm pretty neutral in this debate but I will say this: It is very possible to design wizard-proof doors/walls/towns. My personal region utilizes an airlock-type entrance that uses a redstone torch, 2 sets of iron doors, and 2 pistons so there is never a way for an enderpearl to get inside.

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
I say that if were enabling ender pearls at all, just give them usable for every class, giving them to wizards only gives they 2 forms of escaping. Thats just my opinion if they are not gonna get disabled or being not alowed to ball thru 1x1