• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Conceptual Class - Guardian

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
While mana will be an issue for the class, I don't believe it would break it as the auras once cast do not consume mana. So even while out of mana they will be doing something.
Earthwall is able to work in regioned areas just fine as well as the new Shamans classes totems so it should not be an issue

Right, but you cant break earthwalls. I don't think having a breakable block on a region is possible, although I could be wrong. Also the mana issue isn't about not being able to use auras, its about what you can do when they are used. Even at 100% mana regen, mana regens pretty slowly. Making it 50% would mean you would have to cancel the aura, wait for mana to regen then cast another aura. You would get one bar of mana to use and then be mana starved for the duration. It needs a form of mana return, perhaps instead of your shield returning dmg to the attacker it regens mana instead.

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Right, but you cant break earthwalls. I don't think having a breakable block on a region is possible, although I could be wrong. Also the mana issue isn't about not being able to use auras, its about what you can do when they are used. Even at 100% mana regen, mana regens pretty slowly. Making it 50% would mean you would have to cancel the aura, wait for mana to regen then cast another aura. You would get one bar of mana to use and then be mana starved for the duration. It needs a form of mana return, perhaps instead of your shield returning dmg to the attacker it regens mana instead.

Regarding regions, I believe they have something up their sleeves with the Totems for Shamans so whatever mechanics makes these breakable should be able to be used to make the shield breakable.

The mana regeneration will be noticeable but here are some numbers I did not put up top to consider.
  • Guardian with 25 Wisdom would have a base mana regeneration of 45. While the Aura will reduce that by 47.5%(21.3 points) so the total mana regeneration of the Guardian even in it's current state will have better mana regeneration then most classes at 23.7.
  • Most classes outside of Paladin, Cleric and Druid do not put any points into Wisdom and stick with the base Regeneration of 20.
  • If in testing this broke the class to much it could always be increased to Reduces casters mana regeneration by (50% - .33 per wisdom point) which would put a 25 Wisdom Guardian at 41.75% or a total of 26.25 regen which is still reasonable.
  • Of course things like this can be adjusted easily based off testing.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I've got to say, I REALLY love the idea of encasing people inside blocks. We really need more abilities like that in Herocraft.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Neat class, kinda like a pacifist druid/cleric.
Think it'd make sense to have aura effect the caster too.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Neat class, kinda like a pacifist druid/cleric.
Think it'd make sense to have aura effect the caster too.

I think I will write something up to see where it goes with that, but that being said I am thinking a 50% efficiency is most likely the best as 100% might be to much, maybe maybe!

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Main post updated with improved Channeling as well as self effects of Aura's

The Channeling was a little to harsh on the Guardian and in it's place is a slightly more forgiving method to handle Channeling.

The effects of Auras not boosting the caster is a tough one but I believe at a reduced rate would work. Set the self effect of the Auras to 50% efficiency for the caster.

Last edited:

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Perhaps in order to make the class appealing to group with and level you made an aura that gave bonus xp.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Eldry, you always seem to have nice suggestions, huh...
Anyways, I love the idea of Auras, and I've always wanted at least one class that uses auras.
(could be cool if all "base" classes had an aura spec)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If we stay on schedule, shaman SHOULD be released sometime in December. With the plan being a new class every month, we can possibly get Dancer in March and Guardian in May? It would be nice to have Guardian for my birthday :)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Perhaps Kainzo can use these class ideas as a kickstarter campaign...

"kickstarter fund 2 make class 4 u" lol. people can donate to a class idea they like and if it meets some threshold they will program it. Class ideas and concepts should be implemented where ever possible, obviously numbers would have to be reviewed by balance team... i guess lol.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Perhaps Kainzo can use these class ideas as a kickstarter campaign...

"kickstarter fund 2 make class 4 u" lol. people can donate to a class idea they like and if it meets some threshold they will program it. Class ideas and concepts should be implemented where ever possible, obviously numbers would have to be reviewed by balance team... i guess lol.

Sounds good to me!
Worse case scenario he gets more Herocraft advertising.