• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Conceptual Class - Guardian

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
If you like the idea then please rate the post! If you have concerns, questions or comments please reply below!
"In our darkest hour when all hope seemed lost, she emerged. The only ray of sunlight in the sky shining off her armor, emanating hope and empowering all of us. We stood victorious." - The final stand, Eldrylars

Guardian
The newest support class for the Heroes system

The Guardian is born of the divine, and it’s powers are strange and wonderful to those unaccustomed. Often times heavily armored, the Guardian's focus is on protecting and empowering those around them. Guardians attempt to avoid direct conflict and have little in the way of offense, yet they quickly make up for any lack in offense with their powerful support and defense.

Basic Information:
Type: Healer
Focus: Close Range Support
Base Equip Weight: 50.00
Weapon: Wooden or Iron door

Base Health: 625
Health Per Lvl: 4
Max Health: 885

Base Stamina: 1000

Base Mana: 750
Mana Per Lvl: 2.5
Max Mana: 912

Starting Attributes:
Strength: -5
Constitution: 2
Endurance: 2
Agility: -5
Intellect: 3
Wisdom: 3
Charisma: 5

Strengths:
Strong group Buffs and Debuffs.
Some Crowd control.
High survivability.

Weaknesses:
No offensive abilities.
Mana will be difficult to manage.
Hard to level.

Aura’s
  • Aura is a new type of persistent effect for Guardian.
  • Auras, unless stated otherwise effect the listed players within a 4 block radius of the caster
  • Auras effect the caster at 50% of the amount listed on the spell
  • Auras once cast remain cast until either disabled by the caster, or the caster changes Auras
  • While enabled, Auras reduce the casters mana regeneration.
  • Auras emanate from the caster every 4 seconds and last on the effected players for 5 seconds before wearing off

Skills:
Level: 1
Shield -

Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: Passive Reagent: Held Iron door
Description:
while holding a door you reduce incoming damage by 20% and inflict 28 damage per hit when used as a weapon.

Level: 5
InspirationAura -

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
Grants Strength, Constitution and Wisdom to nearby party members equal to ( .66 per charisma point.) Reduces casters mana regeneration by (50% - .1 per wisdom point)
Level: 10
Warmth -

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 7 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
You heal your target within (8 + 0.1 per wisdom point) for (70 + 2.5 per wisdom point.)

Level: 15
BlessedAura –

Description:
All nearby party members regenerate (1 + .1 per wisdom point) HP, Stamina and Mana per second. Reduces casters mana regeneration by (50% - .1 per wisdom point)

Level: 20
Shift –

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 15 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
Caster teleports to the targeted point within (10 +.1 Intellect points) blocks

Level 25
IntoleranceAura -

Description:
Decreases the Strength, Intellect and Agility of all nearby players not grouped with the Guardian by (.66 per charisma point) as well as Constitution by (.33 per charisma point.) Reduces casters mana regeneration by (50% - .1 per wisdom point)

Level: 30
Crystal Shield -

Mana: 150 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: .5 Reagent: 5 Lapis
Description:
Create a 6x6 glass bubble around the Guardian that lasts for 6 seconds before disappearing. Blocks can be broken as per normal.

Level: 35
Expel -

Mana: 120 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 12 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
Knocks back non grouped targets in a coned area up to 6 blocks in front of the Guardian by (8 + .1 per intellect point) blocks.

Level: 40
Divine Shell -

Mana: 100 + 25 per second channeled Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
You encase an ally within 12 blocks in a tinted glass shell. While inside the shell the allies is stunned and invulnerable to attacks. while effected by the spell, the target is healed for (10 + 1.5 per wisdom point) every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. This spell is channeled and any actions by the caster interrupt the effects. While channeling the caster is effected by Slowness II. If the caster moves out of the 12 block range the spell is canceled.

Level: 45
EminenceAura –

Description:
Reduces all incoming damage to effected party members by (.33 per charisma point) and increases constitution by (.66 per charisma point.) Reduces casters mana regeneration by (50% - .1 per wisdom point)

Level: 50
Entomb -

Mana: 100 + 25 per second channeled Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: .5 Reagent: 10 Obsidian
Description:
You encase your target within 12 blocks in a 3x3 obsidian prison for 12 seconds. While Entombed target is invulnerable to all normal damage but will remain combat tagged. This spell is channeled and any actions by the caster interrupt the effects. While channeling the caster is effected by Slowness II. If the caster moves out of the 12 block range the spell is canceled.

Level: 55
Vitalize -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 12 Warmup: .5 Reagent: 1 Rose
Description:
You heal your targets withing in 10 blocks for 300 health. This spell is effected by distance and the final amount healed is reduced (20 - .33 per wisdom point) per block of distance.

Level: 60
Phase –

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 25 Warmup: 1 Reagent: Redstone Block
Description:
Caster teleports to a random location (25 + 2.5 per Intellect point) blocks from where he is standing.

Level: 65
JudgementAura –

Description:
Non partied targets within effects have their stamina and mana regeneration rate as well as a healing received reduced by (40 + .5 per intellect point) percent.

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
For consideration, Different way to handle the channeled spells.

Divine Shell -

Mana: 250 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: 1 Reagent: None
Description:
You encase an ally within 12 blocks in a tinted glass shell. While inside the shell the allies is stunned and invulnerable to attacks. while effected by the spell, the target is healed for (10 + 1.5 per wisdom point) every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. This spell is channeled and any movement or actions by the caster or any damage taken will interrupt the effects.

Entomb -

Mana: 250 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: 1 Reagent: 10 Obsidian
Description:
You encase your target within 12 blocks in a 3x3 obsidian prison for 12 seconds. While Entombed target is invulnerable. This spell is channeled and any movement or actions by the caster or any damage taken will interrupt the effects.

Aura's

• Looking at the above listed Aura's do you think it would be to unbalanced to have them effect the caster or that they would fit just right.
  • One way to make the class more self sufficient without giving it offensive abilities which I want to try not to is to allow it's Aura's to effect itself.
Example of the different structures:

Crystal Shield
View attachment 8437

Divine Shell
View attachment 8438

Entomb
View attachment 8439 View attachment 8440 View attachment 8441

**Reserved**
@northeaster345 @Jonsoon @Balance Team @Delfofthebla @Kainzo @gabizou @Dakinara @Jpenguin @STDs4YouAnd4Me @Keache @Tjundis @PewPewPewLasers @Leo2596 @Carbash
@TrueCorruptor @c12095 @Glacial_Reign @Dwarfers @Drastikos @EzMac2099 @Jasquan @Alphesie @malikdanab @Oudaiesty @MrRobotman @MichaelRL @LightningCape @JazzDesignation @gmander2

Last edited:

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
This seems like a really cool class to have, especially the skills. I think maybe one or two of the auras should damage mobs (only mobs) to make leveling easier. Also it has 5 stats that it needs to use which would make it less effective overall. I think spells should be limited to intellect/wisdom as to balance with other classes. This is another alternative to the cleric which I also like because the other healers are more like casters/rogues. Awesome idea. I would respec to this if it was put into the server.

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Very, very interesting and unique class abilities, I thought it was going to be some sort of cleric paladin mix after reading the first bit. The leveling definitely would be difficult, probably more so than cleric.

I would like to see this, or a slightly modified variation of this to be implemented in the future.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I like it, but mana issues may make it unplayable. Also what about region areas and crystal shield, I don't think that would work.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It is indeed a very unique suggestion. Some problems it would face is that it would have the worst lvling experience ever know, the class would literally be useless when not in big group fights, and some of the "Channeled" spells may be finicky. With that said, a pure support class that doesn't rely on healing is definitely a welcome sight. With the upcoming adventure map, I could see a hardcore support class like this work.

My last worry with the class is it's passive nature. When not entrapping people or radiating off an aura, what would the guardian do? Either way, this is supposedly the first draft and I like the promise it's showing.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Also it has 5 stats that it needs to use which would make it less effective overall. I think spells should be limited to intellect/wisdom as to balance with other classes.

This is the 'problem' with the current state of Herocraft. The less stats that does nothing for your class, the more you rape face. Think Wizards and Beguilers.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Channeled spells have always been on my mind, but minecraft would make it gross. Long warm-ups are already a nuisance because of the slowness debuff, but to not be able to use the awsd keys for several seconds is just ridiculous. Furthermore, someone can hit you with a piece of bread and break the channel, and waste all that mana.

The only way I can see channeled spells not being complete cancer is if channeling had a 0 second warm-up, and the mana cost would be per tick rather than per cast. This is at least how WOW does it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Channeled spells have always been on my mind, but minecraft would make it gross. Long warm-ups are already a nuisance because of the slowness debuff, but to not be able to use the awsd keys for several seconds is just ridiculous. Furthermore, someone can hit you with a piece of bread and break the channel, and waste all that mana.

The only way I can see channeled spells not being complete cancer is if channeling had a 0 second warm-up, and the mana cost would be per tick rather than per cast. This is at least how WOW does it.
I'd like it that you "can" move, but have like a slow(IV - V) debuff. This would make it less derp in way it would get canceled. They could make it that it can be canceled by attacking or if silenced/interrupted (Kick/Bash). During the channel, it would drain man at a consistent rate.
For Example:

Entomb -
Mana: 20 per second
Cooldown: 30
Warmup: None
Slow: V

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
This seems like a really cool class to have, especially the skills. I think maybe one or two of the auras should damage mobs (only mobs) to make leveling easier. Also it has 5 stats that it needs to use which would make it less effective overall. I think spells should be limited to intellect/wisdom as to balance with other classes. This is another alternative to the cleric which I also like because the other healers are more like casters/rogues. Awesome idea. I would respec to this if it was put into the server.

While I understand that most classes do not use multiple stats, I believe this is broken. That was the whole idea of of stats is to create different ways to play a class, and currently most classes do no "benefit" from this. Once stat balancing starts I would hope to see all classes being spread out over 5 stats.

This will limit all classes but also create different ways to play that may make you different from someone else playing the same class.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I like it, but mana issues may make it unplayable. Also what about region areas and crystal shield, I don't think that would work.

While mana will be an issue for the class, I don't believe it would break it as the auras once cast do not consume mana. So even while out of mana they will be doing something.

Earthwall is able to work in regioned areas just fine as well as the new Shamans classes totems so it should not be an issue.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting...

Words .... ;)

It is indeed a very unique suggestion. Some problems it would face is that it would have the worst lvling experience ever know, the class would literally be useless when not in big group fights, and some of the "Channeled" spells may be finicky. With that said, a pure support class that doesn't rely on healing is definitely a welcome sight. With the upcoming adventure map, I could see a hardcore support class like this work.

My last worry with the class is it's passive nature. When not entrapping people or radiating off an aura, what would the guardian do? Either way, this is supposedly the first draft and I like the promise it's showing.

Leveling would be a pain in the ass solo, but since this class is a pure support style class and designed to be used in coordinated group fights it should not be hard to get a leveling partner that you keep alive and buffed while they do the killing.

As I see it, this class would certainly be useful in any group fights. With the higher survivability it could lock down the biggest threat in a 2v2 or a 3v3 while still providing buffs and heals just as well as it could in a 6v6 or 10v10.

As far as it's passive nature, I agree to an extent but there are a few things to keep in mind that burn the passive right out of it
  • Auras as short duration(5s) short range AOEs(4blocks) so the Guardian will be contently moving to keep pace with his allies or to get in the middle of his enemies
  • The main heal is distance based, so the same story goes that he will have to keep pace and close to her teammates that actually need to heal.
  • Coffee - The Guardian will be a good possible tank, absorbing lots of damage and while being able to shift or phase out before death.
This is the 'problem' with the current state of Herocraft. The less stats that does nothing for your class, the more you rape face. Think Wizards and Beguilers.

Agreed, over the next months it would be great to see balance efforts shifting more towards spreading stats out for each class so the different skills require different stats to create more class diversity

I was thinking about this exact thing and honestly I was on the fence about the same issues. I already had the warmup short at 1 second, which could be tweaked with testing.
As far as the no movement and the easy interruption I also agree that it could break the active movement nature of the class and possibly be minimally used but it could also help keep a powerful spell situational.

I'd like it that you "can" move, but have like a slow(IV - V) debuff. This would make it less derp in way it would get canceled. They could make it that it can be canceled by attacking or if silenced/interrupted (Kick/Bash). During the channel, it would drain man at a consistent rate.
For Example:

Same response as to the above stds post.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
I would still shy away from this and personally like to see it work with another ally to level. It's a passive class so you heal and buff and let your necro blast the mobs! :p

True, but then that requires the player to have someone to play with just to level competently.. I do like the concept of no offensive abilities though!

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/class-guardian.47100/#post-375811

For consideration, Different way to handle the channeled spells.

Divine Shell -

Mana: 100 + 25 per second channeled Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
You encase an ally within 12 blocks in a tinted glass shell. While inside the shell the allies is stunned and invulnerable to attacks. while effected by the spell, the target is healed for (10 + 1.5 per wisdom point) every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. This spell is channeled and any actions by the caster interrupt the effects. While channeling the caster is effected by Slowness II. If the caster moves out of the 12 block range the spell is canceled.
Entomb -

Mana: 100 + 25 per second channeled Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: .5 Reagent: 10 Obsidian
Description:
You encase your target within 12 blocks in a 3x3 obsidian prison for 12 seconds. While Entombed target is invulnerable to all normal damage but will remain combat tagged. This spell is channeled and any actions by the caster interrupt the effects. While channeling the caster is effected by Slowness II. If the caster moves out of the 12 block range the spell is canceled.

Aura's

• Looking at the above listed Aura's do you think it would be to unbalanced to have them effect the caster or that they would fit just right.
  • One way to make the class more self sufficient without giving it offensive abilities which I want to try not to is to allow it's Aura's to effect itself.