• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Conceptual Class - Dancer

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
If you like the idea then please rate the post! If you have concerns, questions or comments please reply below!
"He has fallen, but not before three of our best had been taken with him. This fearsome foe seemed to dance around us faster then our warriors could have expected throwing us around like dolls." - The final stand, Eldrylars

Dancer
The all new mobility support class for the Heroes system

The Dancer moves with lightning speed, shifting in and out of our reality. He has many abilities that disrupt players and causing confusion and chaos in group battles.

Basic Information:
Type: Rogue
Focus: Highly mobile lightly armor disruption
Base Equip Weight: 30.00
Weapon: Spade
Diamond Spade
Base damage: 25

Per level damage: .46
Max damage: 55

Base Health: 575
Health Per Lvl: 4
Max Health: 835

Base Stamina: 1000

Base Mana: 650
Mana Per Lvl: 2.0
Max Mana: 780

Starting Attributes:
Strength: 2
Constitution: -3
Endurance: -2
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: 3

Strengths:
High Mobility
Disruptive Abilities

Weaknesses:
Low Health and Armor
Lower damage then other rogue classes

Aura’s
  • Aura is a new type of persistent effect
  • Auras, unless stated otherwise effect the listed players within a 4 block radius of the caster
  • Auras effect the caster at 50% of the amount listed on the spell
  • Auras once cast remain cast until either disabled by the caster, or the caster changes Auras
  • While enabled, Auras reduce the casters mana regeneration.
  • Auras emanate from the caster every 4 seconds and last on the effected players for 5 seconds before wearing off

Skills:
Level: 1
Tumble -

Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: Passive Reagent:
Description:
You are able to fall (3 + 0.1 per agility point) additional# blocks without taking damage.

Sneak -
Mana: 0 Stamina: 400 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: 0 Reagent:
Description:
You go into a sneaking state for 8 minutes, which holds if you attack but is cancelled if you are attacked or otherwise damaged.

Chakram -
Mana: 0 Stamina: 50 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: 0 Reagent: Holding Disc
Description:
while holding a disc you hurl your deadly chakram at your target knocking them back slightly and inflicting (40 + .66 per agility point) damage. When used your disc will disappear for 5 seconds before returning to you.

Level: 5
Phasewalk -

Mana: 150 Stamina: 75 Cooldown: 35 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
Grants a large boost to the casters movement speed for (5 + .16 per Intellect point.) Does not break on combat

Level: 10
Kick -

Mana: 0 Stamina: 250 Cooldown: 9 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You deal (40 + 1.25 per strength point) damage to your target (within 4 blocks) and silence your target for 2.5 seconds such that they can't use skills.

Level: 15
FeedbackAura –

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
All non grouped players effected burn additional mana from casting and additional stamina from using skills or normal attacks equal to (5 + .66 per charisma point.) Reduces casters mana regeneration by (50% - .1 per charisma point)

Level: 20
PhaseMark –

Mana: 75 Stamina: 50 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
Caster marks a target within (10 +.16 Intellect points) blocks for a future phase shift. Phase Mark lasts for 10 seconds once cast.

PhaseSwitch
Mana: 200 Stamina: 70 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: 1 Reagent: None
Description:
Caster switches places with the player they Marked with PhaseMark. Phase Marked player is effected by nausea for 3 seconds after the switch. Phase switch is only usable if the caster is within (10 +.16 Intellect points) blocks of the target

Level 25
EscapeArtist -

Mana: 0 Stamina: 250 Cooldown: 120 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
Over 7 seconds, you break free of all stuns, slows or other effects that impede your movement, and gain a speed boost, moving twice as fast.

Level: 30
PhaseFieldAura -

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 5 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You create an unstable phase field around you causing all nearby players including yourself to be shifted (1 + .15 per charisma point) random blocks from their current position every time the spell pulses. Reduces casters mana regeneration by (50% - .1 per charisma point)

Level: 35
PiercingStrike-

Mana: 0 Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 3 Warmup: .5 Reagent: Spade being held
Description:
You deal a piercing strike with your spade inflicting (50 + .66 per agility point) percent of your weapon damage to your target (within 6 blocks). This attack will pierce armor.

Level: 40
PhaseDance -

Mana: 250 Stamina: 75 Cooldown: 45 Warmup: 1 Reagent: Redstone block
Description:
You begin a phase dance, teleporting towards your cursor up to (4 + .16 per intellect point) blocks every 4 seconds for 12 seconds.

Level: 45
Jump –

Mana: 0 Stamina: 300 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You leap forward through the air, the power of your leap increasing with your Agility points

Level: 50
MagicBurnAura -

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 5 Warmup: 0 Reagent:
Description:
All non grouped players as well as the caster has one buff removed when the spell pulses. Reduces casters mana regeneration by (50% - .25 per charisma point)

Level: 55
PhaseFlip -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 60 Warmup: 0 Reagent: Enderpearl
Description:
You flip yourself into a permanently phased state making yourself invulnerable and invisible for up to 12 seconds. While phased you take (50 - .66 per strength point) damage every two seconds. Performing any action including moving, casting, attacking or attempting to place a block will break you out of phase. Aura's are canceled when in phase.

Level: 60
EtherealBlade -
Mana: 75 Stamina: 175 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: Passive Reagent: none

Description: You Phase your spear partially into a different plane allowing it to deal an extra (8 + 0.25 per intellect point) damage without armor penalty to your target. Once activated this skill applies to each melee hit until the spells duration is complete.

Level: 65
PhaseLink–

Mana: 0 Stamina: 250 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: 2 Reagent: SpiderEye
Description:
You create a two way link between yourself and your target that shifts all damage done to you, to your target and all the damage done to your target to you for 4 seconds. Linked damage done to the caster is reduced by ( .15 per strength point + .15 per agility point)

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
If only we could have customizable tags that certain people could have the perms to add or remove names so we could have @AD instead of...this.

More on topic though, creative class.
Edit-

Beguiler should get some of these skills. Very trickster like.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Would love to make a longer post, but it's currently 2:12AM over here. What I can say that it's definitely a very mobile class. One thing, sneak is kinda required at lvl 1 IMO

One skill suggestion i can think of is a skill that phases you and you target into a "pocket dimension" where you two can't be disturbed. Would make it that nobody could interact with you. (Effectively making it a 1v1 situation for a period of time.)

CopyCtrlV

Wood
Unique idea, although I see 2 issues.

1. If this class was to be put in, wouldn't this pretty much completely turn over team fights? For example, if there was a 10v10, one team with a Dancer and one without, the team with the Dancer would have a COMPLETE upper hand? I see this as a problem since, in the event of a team fight, if the opposition has a Dancer and you don't, there'd be no real reason to fight. I just don't like the idea of 1 class being able to make such a big difference in a team fight.

2. Obviously the skills you posted are just ideas, but for my sake, you're not actually intending the class to have a new skill every 5 levels, are you?

MrRobotman

Legacy Supporter 4
I like the concept, but I do want to raise the question on what would be it's main weapon a disc or a shovel?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Unique idea, although I see 2 issues.

1. If this class was to be put in, wouldn't this pretty much completely turn over team fights? For example, if there was a 10v10, one team with a Dancer and one without, the team with the Dancer would have a COMPLETE upper hand? I see this as a problem since, in the event of a team fight, if the opposition has a Dancer and you don't, there'd be no real reason to fight. I just don't like the idea of 1 class being able to make such a big difference in a team fight.

2. Obviously the skills you posted are just ideas, but for my sake, you're not actually intending the class to have a new skill every 5 levels, are you?

It has nearly the same amount of skills as every other class. 12-15 skills is pretty average.

I don't see this being anymore important then having a good Cleric or Bard(last map.) Perhaps I am missing something extreme but I did not find anything ridiculously over bearing. Perhaps you could expand briefly on a scenario you see happening each large fight that would be to strong?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the concept, but I do want to raise the question on what would be it's main weapon a disc or a shovel?

The design is to have the shovel(spear) be the main weapon, but instead of Ninja's throwing stars(flint) the Dancer can throw his discs which will return after so many seconds. A delayed ranged attack that takes stamina basically.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Would love to make a longer post, but it's currently 2:12AM over here. What I can say that it's definitely a very mobile class. One thing, sneak is kinda required at lvl 1 IMO

One skill suggestion i can think of is a skill that phases you and you target into a "pocket dimension" where you two can't be disturbed. Would make it that nobody could interact with you. (Effectively making it a 1v1 situation for a period of time.)

I agree,
Evenom changed to Etherealblade and switched positions with Sneak.

I have imagined skills that could do that but have resisted it for one reason or another. For instance a dimensional door that is summoned like Earthwall with portal blocks in the middle that anyone can jump in and then inside are 5 more gates, spawn and the four spires.
Meh, I honestly think it would be to much, but it's an interesting idea. Perhaps I will write up a short skill and throw it in the secondary area.
Problem is, you use it on a wizard or a druid and then they have to melee you in a small weird shifted area and I think that would be too strong.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
The concept has too much MAD(Multiple Attribute Dependency) for it to be effective. A person using it as it stands would have to spread out their Attribute points between Strength, Agility, Intelligence, and Charisma, then at least into Constitution to survive using PhaseLink. Reduce the MAD a little.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
The concept has too much MAD(Multiple Attribute Dependency) for it to be effective. A person using it as it stands would have to spread out their Attribute points between Strength, Agility, Intelligence, and Charisma, then at least into Constitution to survive using PhaseLink. Reduce the MAD a little.

That was actually completely intentional, and I hope that all classes will soon be split between 4 main stats. This will force players into deciding their favorite ways to play their chosen class while still allowing use of all abilities with some degradation.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
That was actually completely intentional, and I hope that all classes will soon be split between 4 main stats. This will force players into deciding their favorite ways to play their chosen class while still allowing use of all abilities with some degradation.
While I can understand that, let me make an example out of the skill I mentioned, PhaseLink: It requires Strength and Agility to reduce to the damage done to the caster. While I might be able to understand Agility, at least if it was some sort of physical damage instead of a metaphysical/supernatural link in space and time caused by magic that hurts you, Strength makes little sense to improving your ability to not take damage. Make it Constitution or Endurance(or both), force the MAD that way since many people put some points in one or both of those Attributes anyways.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
My biggest fear for the class is that it would change from Group support to Hit'n'Run nooblet killer class.

@Drastikos Should I try to throw together MelonMancer next? ;)
Ya not sure what's happening around that, no one's talked with me about it.
I can only guess if it was ever going to be a thing they don't want me involved.. :confused:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree,
Evenom changed to Etherealblade and switched positions with Sneak.

I have imagined skills that could do that but have resisted it for one reason or another. For instance a dimensional door that is summoned like Earthwall with portal blocks in the middle that anyone can jump in and then inside are 5 more gates, spawn and the four spires.
Meh, I honestly think it would be to much, but it's an interesting idea. Perhaps I will write up a short skill and throw it in the secondary area.
Problem is, you use it on a wizard or a druid and then they have to melee you in a small weird shifted area and I think that would be too strong.
What I mean by "Pocket" dimension, it is in the way that you are still where you are, but you aren't in that plane of reality. So while the terrain will be the same, you are effectively ghosts to those around you. It would basically make it that you can't attack/use skills on others and they can't do anything to you. Either way, it would probably be hard to code. Just though it would be a cool skill that fits the class :)

Last edited:

szatanista

Soulsand
I like this idea very much and I think your really good...uhm "designer" or w/e you call it if you made it up yourself. But my image of Dancer is to appear out of nowhere in the middle of a fight and deal button of aoe damage with skills like "Blade dance" or something like that and then its kill or be killed since you are squishy as hell. Definitely should be fast, aoe-based class with low hp/armor

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I like this idea very much and I think your really good...uhm "designer" or w/e you call it if you made it up yourself. But my image of Dancer is to appear out of nowhere in the middle of a fight and deal button of aoe damage with skills like "Blade dance" or something like that and then its kill or be killed since you are squishy as hell. Definitely should be fast, aoe-based class with low hp/armor
An AOE based Assassin would be nice. Something that's Extremely quick and agile you can run in, flurry his opponents, then slip out. TBH this class doesn't fit the term "dancer" that well, but the idea itself is great.