• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

community

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
@Kainzo If this was always your creative outlet, why did you even accept community feedback at all? I don’t mean any disrespect, but it’s always seemed like you ignore the feedback you dislike and use the feedback that justifies your original plan in a way that is bordering on dishonest. Just straight out telling the player base you wanted to do something instead of trying to tell us we wanted it would have made the intent of the server much clearer. For example, you always state that the PvP player base wants free wins, but I and many others avoided ganking noobs and actively sought out fair fights or raids. Even when I was a noob, I enjoyed being ganked because it gave the server a sense of risk, which led me to believe every decision I made was important. If you’ve read this far, I’d actually like to know why you generalize the thoughts of your community so scornfully.

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
@Kainzo If this was always your creative outlet, why did you even accept community feedback at all? I don’t mean any disrespect, but it’s always seemed like you ignore the feedback you dislike and use the feedback that justifies your original plan in a way that is bordering on dishonest. Just straight out telling the player base you wanted to do something instead of trying to tell us we wanted it would have made the intent of the server much clearer. For example, you always state that the PvP player base wants free wins, but I and many others avoided ganking noobs and actively sought out fair fights or raids. Even when I was a noob, I enjoyed being ganked because it gave the server a sense of risk, which led me to believe every decision I made was important. If you’ve read this far, I’d actually like to know why you generalize the thoughts of your community so scornfully.
For the first time LITERALLY ever I'm agreeing with you. This is exactly how I feel also.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Maybe he will actually understand when it's coming from someone he liked. I 100% agree with this, and thank you for pointing this out to him.

this thread has been a doozy. First, let me say that I have been an on and off player for some years now, but years and experience don't really matter since this is about the future. This thread's OP was very lighthearted and generic but has led to a more broader discussion.

Honestly, I think I can speak for everyone and say that each and every person that reads this WANTS to have a good time on the server, hell that's what Minecraft is about on a base level.

I personally don't like the new changes and I think that my dis-interest stems from the 1.9 combat update. Now, I still enjoy playing Minecraft PVP servers, but I enjoy the ones that revert the 1.9 combat swing update. Features added/removed does not particularly mean a better experience for individuals.

I REALLY love the server and Kainzo's past decisions because they were FUN.
Veterans of this game loved the PAST because it was FUN.

Overall I think that reverting some changes (Not the overall Minecraft version) will indeed benefit and entice previous veterans of this game, and in return entice future new players and keep their retention span of playing on Herocraft.

I just want to leave you all reading with this:
Everyone here has a common goal of wanting a positive outcome. Take what you will of this post, but please please please make it for the greater good. I really want to go back and have an enjoyable time on Herocraft because I loved playing on it. I think we can all say that much.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Ok... so I guess it's time for me to write my thoughts on this subject, It's 2am here so cut me some slack on any spelling errors or whatever.

Alright, so I joined the server in 2013, so it's been 5 years. I came to the server for PvP with the Heroes plugin after the previous server I played was shut down because the owner used all the money on drugs or some shit. That being said leveling classes and doing PvE was fun in Bastion. I would get experience for my class and occasionally get a gold nugget which for the time was ok money because I hated mining. I hated mining so much I went farmer and spent hours just shearing sheep. However there were times that I did mine, and on one occasion Macura (I think) came and killed me. Sure I lost my stuff and whatever but that gave a small sense of danger in the world, it added risk and excitement to everything. There were times that I would be lvling a class in a swamp and randomly find a fight, or I could go to a town to fight and not be attacked by some stupid turrets that later came and went.
Bastion was great. Sure there were people killing noobs, but those are not the ones you would want anyway. if they quit after dying once then it was not the server for them and they would quit soon anyway. There were so many even fights and the people wanted those even fights because they were much much more fun then trashing on a new player. I don't know where the hell you got the idea that all we want is to slaughter new players, but that has never been the case. Sure, there were players that did annoy people so they were killed because of that but it's not that we are targeting them because they are new, it's because they were someone we did not like and most of the time they were equal level and gear. Another key thing is THEY CAME OUT TO FIGHT US. We did not force them to come out and fight, but they chose to. This is entirely different from graveyard camping which has a story of its own though.

Now for Haven... a map that I could truly find PvP whenever I wanted just by going to AD swamp and just sit there killing the mobs until they came to fight us. Haven was great, not as good as Bastion in my opinion but close.

After Haven I really can't say any map made a huge impact, I mean Valorium or whatever it was, was fun at the start but quickly died out.

So other than maps and how I feel about them, lets move on to how I've tried to impact the server. I was a guide answering questions, and a proctor moderating chats. However as a Proctor you had the powers but you were not truly trusted with them. Someone could say whatever the fuck they wanted in o chat without being muted as long as it wasn't spam or advertising. No matter how many rules it broke, you had to wait for a mod. I enjoyed being a guide though, assigning PE's was a... I wouldn't say fun, but I guess relaxing job? Now on to the big one. Herald. When I applied to be a Herald I said I would find people interested in helping make videos and advertising on social media platforms. Neither of those worked for a few reasons. When I was going to have someone make a trailer for the upcoming map I had asked for them to be granted access to it before launch specifically to make that trailer, they started recording and everything. It was going great until the next day I see that I was shot in the foot and someone else was told to make a trailer and nobody bothered to tell me. That killed the interest of the people that I had working on the trailer and they said fuck it and didn't want to help anymore. As for the other social media platforms such as Facebook I was only a moderator on the page and could not add people that needed to be added to post as the page.

In summary to my experience as a staff member I felt like we were assigned jobs that we could not do and when suggestions from staff members of all ranks were proposed to actually let people do their jobs, they were pushed aside. Someone should not have the rank if you do not trust them with the power.

Onto the next thing. Content. There was no new interesting content being released, hardly any new classes and in general nothing to do. The PvP is the main content for many, but just like in every other game it must be accompanied by a level of pve, and that pve needs to be FUN. All of the mobs created in these dungeons are just sponges and extremely boring to fight.

QoL things like party frames, skill cooldowns, healing timer from food etc were also greatly missed.

There is a lot more I could go on with but I think this is ok for now.

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
@Kainzo Look how many PvP players are posting on this thread right now. Look how many have posted in the past. Where are all these PvE centered players you're trying to appeal to on the forums? Are these players even active within the community? The people posting here post because they care. Why else would they be posting and wasting time writing all the shit they're writing. Even names that I don't know or can't remember are telling you they want more PvP centered gameplay. Ill probably come back and keep rating posts on this thread but as far as trying to influence you to listen to us I think i'm done, I've been trying to do it for years and so have all these other people. Every time I see a thread like this and it gains traction among the veteran players and they start posting on it I always get a slight glimmer of hope that maybe someone will listen and actually make the server better like it once was. But normally it's for nothing *shrugs*

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please read my post where I asked for specific rulesets/gameplay wanted.
I said I was serious, havent seen something posted other than "MAKE IT LIKE IT WAS BACK THEN!"

I asked a serious question and I'm not getting any real answers. "Back then" can mean anything, I'm looking for a sustainable, healthy community. If that involves active pvpers, the more the merrier.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
We didn't "bully the new players away". We made their environment difficult to live in. Only the strong survived. It was beautiful.

light i think your right on some parts but the fact that herocraft is unique doesnt mean that all those toxic poeple can just bully all the new poeple away. that is what they do now they legit bully away the new poeple so when poeple keep quiting and new poeple dont come quz of others then it dies even faster even if most is not fixable then we can still make the community nicer so that new poeple actualy come right now they leave bequese when they dont get something then they get yelled at by the poeple that are online. so how about we or make the rules a lil difrend or we have it that the new poeple wont need to ask questions (btw the last one is impossible) so its your guys thier choice. i wil help you guys do whatever you want but you have to choose first. especialy kainzo. fix the community or let the server die

Y

ytiggidmas

Please read my post where I asked for specific rulesets/gameplay wanted.
I said I was serious, havent seen something posted other than "MAKE IT LIKE IT WAS BACK THEN!"

I asked a serious question and I'm not getting any real answers. "Back then" can mean anything, I'm looking for a sustainable, healthy community. If that involves active pvpers, the more the merrier.
I’ve been thinking about crafting something. I’m sure I could create the foundation but give me time to think things over. Of course keeping other people’s opinions and ideas would be beneficial as well, but within reason(those who actually know what they’re talking about). maybe we can get Delfofthebla to get some coding help in. i’m pretty hesitant to give any more time or money to you when you’ve revealed herocraft is just your play thing. That you don’t really care what happens.

Anyways, I have a vision of Herocraft. One built upon a strong community. A new player logs in, he’s clueless but immediately he’s being messaged invitations and guidance. He chooses a tag to decide his direction that will be next to his name, a title that says whether or not he is looking for a town or is participating in pvp. The new player feels welcome by the community, when he sees the veteran groups running around, the veterans do not gank him or fuck with his stuff. They help him grow. They invite them to their own town or lead them into a newbie town where there are similar minded people trying to figure things out. The vets leave other people alone and keep their shenanigans to themselves, reserving the butt raping for the nightly free for all/team events, gambling duels, mob arenas, and occasional tourney. Being part of this community is exclusive, there are rules, if you do not comply you do not get to enjoy. Admins and moderators will be different, constantly reminding people of the direction and light that the server is headed, they will hound the cheaters, and show that the penalties are very black and white, gray areas no longer. There is a standard for this community, and the unfit can find a different one. There is no room for negativity here, think of this as the olympics of Minecraft. The best pvpers, builders, and groups have come together, with new ones being allowed to rise. The map is constantly being spiffyed up and resources put back by architects. The players know the map is sacred, like earth, they do not pollute, they are environmentally friendly. Towns are outstanding with competitiveness being at an all time high, demonstrating massive cooperation, and maintaining pride in how they carry themselves and their town name. They know that new players are a resource, the foundation for a stronger pvp base. Heralds are constantly putting out videos, showing off their bases, battles, and events. Lag is gone, no more. Attributes are gone. All classes are overpowered paradoxically unfair yet fair. Combat is intense. There are a lot of classes, and like league of legends everyone gets a individual “summoner spells” of their choosing to be used with any class. Novelty is constant, the map in flux. New environments are being introduced by architects. Towns will have their own battle arenas to invite and hold duels. Some of the old towns from bastion are used as mobarenas and pvp duel arenas. Competitions are held at these old towns or current towns. The current champion holds the tourny at his towns own arena. Towns pride themselves on their town, their mob arena, and their pvp arena. Daily life is made interesting because there are always new classes, new arenas, and new stakes. Towns may gamble their town and levels as a stake. Ultimately the community enjoys seeing itself grow, but it enjoys more seeing the noob that couldn’t hold his pants up, now being the large dicked diamond sword swinger.

Anyways I could keep going but I think that is what we’re looking for. Novelty and new experience, new people especially. Values. The whole enchilada

Y

ytiggidmas

I have a quote from myself from 2014. FOUR YEARS AGO. I was sixteen, I don't even know if I had consciousness back then. but seems like i knew what i was talking about. Of course it was deleted, but I found it in a quote. just found it seems relevant now.

"Herocraft has been pushing in the wrong direction since bastion, I mean it's a cute big picture but at what cost? The priority seems to never be in the present only in the future. Adventure maps, herobooks, custom items, shrine, things the server doesn't care about. A majority of the people here now and in the past have been about the pvp, and with the recent additions it's only been pushing it away. The things we've been asking for ages have been acknowledged but answered with "oh we're going to do this instead". We asked for a sort of Combat event(King of the Hill) or arena and where has that been?(Lemme answer that for you, nowhere to be seen) How about the raiding towns, actually getting rewarded for defeating people in combat? nowhere to be seen. It's extremely disappointing to see this server has become the Infestation: Survivor Stories(WarZ) of minecraft servers. Minor patches every 2-3 weeks, constant additions to Marketplace/Purchasable items(Custom items), and a developing team that does questionable work. PvP is what had kept Herocraft pumping, and what keeps me checking this website in hopes of a miracle patch. Get in the right direction, screw adventure maps, and custom items. It will only improve for the better, or keep doing what you're doing and develop useless things that digs Herocraft into the pit of dead servers with battlecraft, vindicraft, and many more..."

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
It will only improve for the better, or keep doing what you're doing and develop useless things that digs Herocraft into the pit of dead servers with battlecraft, vindicraft, and many more..."

RIP that last sentence

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have a quote from myself from 2014. FOUR YEARS AGO. I was sixteen, I don't even know if I had consciousness back then. but seems like i knew what i was talking about. Of course it was deleted, but I found it in a quote. just found it seems relevant now.

"Herocraft has been pushing in the wrong direction since bastion, I mean it's a cute big picture but at what cost? The priority seems to never be in the present only in the future. Adventure maps, herobooks, custom items, shrine, things the server doesn't care about. A majority of the people here now and in the past have been about the pvp, and with the recent additions it's only been pushing it away. The things we've been asking for ages have been acknowledged but answered with "oh we're going to do this instead". We asked for a sort of Combat event(King of the Hill) or arena and where has that been?(Lemme answer that for you, nowhere to be seen) How about the raiding towns, actually getting rewarded for defeating people in combat? nowhere to be seen. It's extremely disappointing to see this server has become the Infestation: Survivor Stories(WarZ) of minecraft servers. Minor patches every 2-3 weeks, constant additions to Marketplace/Purchasable items(Custom items), and a developing team that does questionable work. PvP is what had kept Herocraft pumping, and what keeps me checking this website in hopes of a miracle patch. Get in the right direction, screw adventure maps, and custom items. It will only improve for the better, or keep doing what you're doing and develop useless things that digs Herocraft into the pit of dead servers with battlecraft, vindicraft, and many more..."
Back on topic, lets create a new thread with the rulesets that PVPers want to have a healthy community / server.

My primary income isnt from Minecraft, This is a hobby/outlet for me.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We didn't "bully the new players away". We made their environment difficult to live in. Only the strong survived. It was beautiful.
In the beginning, I think it was "survival of the fittest" ... then something changed.
We weren't the only server anymore. Players that wanted to do X instead of Y went to to do X somewhere else. With the progression of Heroes, you actually had more factors to master skillfully. In the beginning, it was pretty basic. "Get levels, understand skill use/best order of skills" then it went to "know the right attributes, get the best gear, grind to max level, understand skill order, get keybinds...."
Newb to Vet leaped considerably and it wasnt "bullying" anymore, it was rape, paired with the fresh air of change being offered by other services, I think this drove away new players more than anything.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
In the beginning, I think it was "survival of the fittest" ... then something changed.
We weren't the only server anymore. Players that wanted to do X instead of Y went to to do X somewhere else. With the progression of Heroes, you actually had more factors to master skillfully. In the beginning, it was pretty basic. "Get levels, understand skill use/best order of skills" then it went to "know the right attributes, get the best gear, grind to max level, understand skill order, get keybinds...."
Newb to Vet leaped considerably and it wasnt "bullying" anymore, it was rape, paired with the fresh air of change being offered by other services, I think this drove away new players more than anything.
Let's not forget when this became a thing was when many changes were coming into the game like PvE. This literally wasn't an issue till PvE became a thing
i want to be killfarmed by toxic gangs again.....This isn´t even a joke i actually enjoyed the feeling of having a ´´competence´´ , people to catch up and the feeling of player interaction.

Like how can you be so ignorant? There is literally someone who said they wanted it to be like this. Sure it drove off some players but it encouraged others to stay and get better. If it actually drove players away more than they stayed, I didn't notice till PvE was added.
It's practically too late for us to give you our feedback. You didn't respond to it when the server was alive. It probably wouldn't do anything now. So do what you want and see if you can revive the server yourself. You once had a community that wanted to tell you how the server should be ran and what updates we wanted. That isn't the case anymore.

Last edited:

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
My only response is "go away" if you think its too late.

Love waits.
I never said it was too late lol. What I'm saying is the changes we want wouldn't currently matter since it probably wouldn't bring in more player base currently.

I'm not sure if you're taking anything from what we have said here, but it seems like you don't want to think you had anything to do with the downfall of Herocraft. You seem to want to blame it on us because we "bullied/raped" new players. No that isn't the case. It was your stubbornness/laziness to not listen to the community, or do what you wanted with your server. I'm pretty sure 80% of the changes during/after Haven were just terrible for the server or just incomplete. While the rest were ok/meh.

If do plan to make a new community here, and it actually becomes a thing. Hopefully you won't make the same mistakes, and start blaming the community that is there when shit isn't working out.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I never said it was too late lol. What I'm saying is the changes we want wouldn't currently matter since it probably wouldn't bring in more player base currently.

I'm not sure if you're taking anything from what we have said here, but it seems like you don't want to think you had anything to do with the downfall of Herocraft. You seem to want to blame it on us because we "bullied/raped" new players. No that isn't the case. It was your stubbornness/laziness to not listen to the community, or do what you wanted with your server. I'm pretty sure 80% of the changes during/after Haven were just terrible for the server or just incomplete. While the rest were ok/meh.

If do plan to make a new community here, and it actually becomes a thing. Hopefully you won't make the same mistakes, and start blaming the community that is there when shit isn't working out.
Yes, this is a community - but lets get it straight, a small portion has always been toxic. Running the same content for 7 years is boring and stale and eventually would have decay.
I dont have to defend myself for my choices or the direction of the server. It's always been advertised as an RPG server.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Lets face it, the Herocraft we all love and have extremely fond memories of can never exist again. We had a community that somehow worked so fucking perfectly. It was a tight nit group of veterans that were extremely dedicated to the server, others came and went but still added to the experience. I think the coolest thing was that we pretty much knew the person we were fighting most of the time, most of the veterans players had spoken in teamspeak a bajillion times even if they weren't associated directly, we knew eachothers fighting styles so PVP was extra interesting. The shit talk was perfect, we'd come on each day hoping to gain a edge on whatever town had it been pissing us off recently. Not to mention all the things minecraft allowed because of building, it really was a great RPG experience. I can remember sitting in class literally just thinking about Herocraft, blowing off homework, fuck everything... HC. It was a lifestyle, most of us lived it, we fuckin chose it. That community has grown older now, some were older, some younger but a good amount of us I'd say were 13-15 in the servers prime. If HC somehow became great again overnight, every old player you can imagine was on, pvp was perfect... I truly think I'd fuck up my life. HC PVP was a fucking addiction, we were all adrenaline junkies and there is no lying, I don't think I will ever forget it. Gonna be fucking 80 in my death bed thinkin bout how kains ass fucked up Hc but gj on the crypto investing proud to see this site still up.

Y

ytiggidmas

Lets face it, the Herocraft we all love and have extremely fond memories of can never exist again. We had a community that somehow worked so fucking perfectly. It was a tight nit group of veterans that were extremely dedicated to the server, others came and went but still added to the experience. I think the coolest thing was that we pretty much knew the person we were fighting most of the time, most of the veterans players had spoken in teamspeak a bajillion times even if they weren't associated directly, we knew eachothers fighting styles so PVP was extra interesting. The shit talk was perfect, we'd come on each day hoping to gain a edge on whatever town had it been pissing us off recently. Not to mention all the things minecraft allowed because of building, it really was a great RPG experience. I can remember sitting in class literally just thinking about Herocraft, blowing off homework, fuck everything... HC. It was a lifestyle, most of us lived it, we fuckin chose it. That community has grown older now, some were older, some younger but a good amount of us I'd say were 13-15 in the servers prime. If HC somehow became great again overnight, every old player you can imagine was on, pvp was perfect... I truly think I'd fuck up my life. HC PVP was a fucking addiction, we were all adrenaline junkies and there is no lying, I don't think I will ever forget it. Gonna be fucking 80 in my death bed thinkin bout how kains ass fucked up Hc but gj on the crypto investing proud to see this site still up.
Yup. Haha, I was hoping you’d poke your head on here. Good to see this. “Fuck everything... HC” basically sums it up.
Yes, this is a community - but lets get it straight, a small portion has always been toxic. Running the same content for 7 years is boring and stale and eventually would have decay.
I dont have to defend myself for my choices or the direction of the server. It's always been advertised as an RPG server.
A leader takes responsibility. Air restraint is so correct. So many of the community feels this way and In the past it’s only the people that have balls that voiced it(they’re banned or gone now) Remember how we all talked? Most common two words in teamspeak "fucking kainzo"