• Register so you can experience the greatest RPG server ever! Use the keyword "Herocraft" when registering!Register! Enjoy the server @ play.hc.to !
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

community

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's not just my opinion. It's probably 70% or more of people who played on the server for more than 2 years.
No, sorry thats your opinion :)
Over the last 2 years, we've had 120,000 players that have logged in. The chances of you speaking for even 1% of them is super slim.

But you do you, babe.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Tier 8
Over the last 2 years, we've had 120,000 players that have logged in. The chances of you speaking for even 1% of them is super slim.

But you do you, babe.
Kain, be honest, of those 120k, how many stuck around? Especially over the last year or so.

Who cares if the entire population of the world logged in if no one sticks around to play?

Maybe there's a some of truth to what people are saying here.

But you do you, babe.
Yea... He was saying the people with 2+ years playtime. Not over the last 2 years...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yea... He was saying the people with 2+ years playtime. Not over the last 2 years...
The numbers then are even higher, whats your point?
"I speak for the community" - doesn't go well ever. You can speak for YOUR group, but the amount of people who are voiceless is almost endless in comparison to those who voice their concerns.
Its the highway affect. People usually go and rate something very poorly when they feel they received poor service much more often than if they felt they received adequate or good service.

Kain, be honest, of those 120k, how many stuck around? Especially over the last year or so.

Who cares if the entire population of the world logged in if no one sticks around to play?

Maybe there's a some of truth to what people are saying here.
The truth is we've been up for 7+ years. Much longer than any other server. As many others have posted here, its not the "PVP" that made the server alive and fun, it was the staff and the community, people will deal with bugs and issues as long as there's a social connection. Our goal is to re-energize and help the community grow again.

The constant stream of toxicity and server bashing won't be tolerated. If all you do is complain about how bad the server is or the direction we're taking, its probably best just to let it go and find another community to infect (not referring to anyone specifically but a general statement)

We have a plan for Herocraft. Pip and others are very passionate about it and are carrying it forward. Structured PVP is part of that plan, love it or hate it, but its there. Herocraft will never go back to "the way it was" because we can't recreate the community or experience and even if we did, this is a new world we're in, it just /will/ be different. I'd love to go back to EverQuest back in 1999 and experience it all over again with wide eyes, but thats not possible. Its been tried over and over again and its never the same. This is the very same reason why people smoke crack again and again, to get that first "high" the first rush and excitement. You are demanding that I provide it again - its just not doable.

What we offer will be different, because different is the only thing left to do. We've tried releasing PVP specifc maps, pvp centric servers, we tried largely reverting to old rulesets and nothing worked, we've tried our hand at advertising ($3500+ cost) and no one stayed. The path we are on is the only path left for Herocraft to thrive and we need active members of the community to step forward and help.

Last edited:

But you do you, babe.
This is such an ignorant statement. But w/e. I'll let you believe what you want. It's not like many other people have voiced toxicity isn't a problem. Players that weren't in my group btw.

The numbers then are even higher, whats your point?
"I speak for the community" - doesn't go well ever. You can speak for YOUR group, but the amount of people who are voiceless is almost endless in comparison to those who voice their concerns.
Its the highway affect. People usually go and rate something very poorly when they feel they received poor service much more often than if they felt they received adequate or good service.

The truth is we've been up for 7+ years. Much longer than any other server. As many others have posted here, its not the "PVP" that made the server alive and fun, it was the staff and the community, people will deal with bugs and issues as long as there's a social connection. Our goal is to re-energize and help the community grow again.

The constant stream of toxicity and server bashing won't be tolerated. If all you do is complain about how bad the server is or the direction we're taking, its probably best just to let it go and find another community to infect (not referring to anyone specifically but a general statement)

We have a plan for Herocraft. Pip and others are very passionate about it and are carrying it forward. Structured PVP is part of that plan, love it or hate it, but its there. Herocraft will never go back to "the way it was" because we can't recreate the community or experience and even if we did, this is a new world we're in, it just /will/ be different. I'd love to go back to EverQuest back in 1999 and experience it all over again with wide eyes, but thats not possible. Its been tried over and over again and its never the same. This is the very same reason why people smoke crack again and again, to get that first "high" the first rush and excitement. You are demanding that I provide it again - its just not doable.

What we offer will be different, because different is the only thing left to do. We've tried releasing PVP specifc maps, pvp centric servers, we tried largely reverting to old rulesets and nothing worked, we've tried our hand at advertising ($3500+ cost) and no one stayed. The path we are on is the only path left for Herocraft to thrive and we need active members of the community to step forward and help.
I'm glad you have a plan. I'm just slightly confused on why ask the PvP players for feedback if you knew the answer you were going to get. I honestly do hope it works out like I have said before. I also have said many times you are best taking HC in the direction you want to take it. You already have been the whole time after/during Haven, so may as well fall through with it. If it does become active again then I'll gladly play if it has active PvP.

I'd love to go back to EverQuest back in 1999 and experience it all over again with wide eyes, but thats not possible. .
omg more than anything I would as well. Have played on a couple progressive servers ..but of course it's just not the same. Still fun, but there is no way to ever "go back to way things were". Can't even begin to tell you how ridiculous that one statement is.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
omg more than anything I would as well. Have played on a couple progressive servers ..but of course it's just not the same. Still fun, but there is no way to ever "go back to way things were". Can't even begin to tell you how ridiculous that one statement is.
It's true!