• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

community

Original_DD

Glowing Redstone
hey i just got a wierd tought in my head. what if instead of poeple focus on the server itself we fix the toxic community that likes to bully poeple. mayby then poeple who just join the server will stay on here. and dont say there is no way to do that bequese there whas before. half of the world pvp and half of the world pve. making those bullys go to the pvp area and the poeple who just like the server go to the pve.

just a random tought tho. totaly didnt stop with this server bequese the toxic community gone to far to many times.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
hey i just got a wierd tought in my head. what if instead of poeple focus on the server itself we fix the toxic community that likes to bully poeple. mayby then poeple who just join the server will stay on here. and dont say there is no way to do that bequese there whas before. half of the world pvp and half of the world pve. making those bullys go to the pvp area and the poeple who just like the server go to the pve.

just a random tought tho. totaly didnt stop with this server bequese the toxic community gone to far to many times.
Largely, we're making a huge push for balanced gameplay in PVE and then will re-add in-game arenas for people to PVP and eventually a re-release of PVP.

I do believe that we need a stronger community, one with much less toxicity and purpose.

Original_DD

Glowing Redstone
kainzo i realy love this server but the fact that poeple seek out to bully poeple bequese of that the staff just lets them do whatever they want is going to far like i said i would love to help this server with everything but i cant when the community is more rotten then a 1980 zombie movie.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
kainzo i realy love this server but the fact that poeple seek out to bully poeple bequese of that the staff just lets them do whatever they want is going to far like i said i would love to help this server with everything but i cant when the community is more rotten then a 1980 zombie movie.
Fixing the systems will help fix the community.

Y

ytiggidmas

Hey - I'm up for debate on the matter, but sighing is appropriate too
I don't know what to say, I know the servers hard to run and you need help coding and such. but we've screamed pvp at you for some time, and it's still pve this pve that. but PvP was exhilarating, a lot of what the community did and the reason a lot of the bastion vets were on revolved around pvp, and still it seems you've made moves that haven't really added value to the experience but slowed it down by branching into other areas and making the branches rather large, and they weren't very quality branches. i haven't really been paying too much attention to whats going on because it seems like it's a cycle of us saying pvp, and you taking it a different direction. maybe its cause you don't understand your pvp community because you weren't part of the towns, you didn't see it or experience it from our side. I remember lag spikes going on in bastion and wanting to punch a wall because of the stupidity, and you were over there telling the server how you had herobook polished up. PvP is addicting, the fast paced combat got our adrenaline going and along with bounties/tourny's we got our neurochemicals/nervous system going and our drives told us to seek more. But then you slowed down combat, made the maps bigger, seperated pvp/pve etc etc

Think of it this way, there's this girl you really like. You see her often, and when things are great, they're fucking great. But maybe, things change. Over time she says. I'm gunna stop sucking your dick. and you get sad, cause you really like getting your dick sucked. Then she starts putting her finger in your bum. and you don't fuck with that, but she keeps doing it, progressively escalating the finger in your anus, and decreasing the blowjobs. You fucking love this girl, and you thought you would spend the rest of your life with her, but shes practically fucking you in the ass and your stuck. You even consider changing your ways, and try to help the relationship by putting in your input and telling her how you feel. She looks at you and tells you shes gunna change and the futures gunna be great. The next morning you see a stickypad on the fridge and it says " hey honey, I thought about our future and I left you a gift on the table" you go to the table and see a box with a big red ribbon on it. You tear off the ribbon in excitement and open the future. It's a dildo, a big fucking dildo- just for you.

the veterans are toxic and pissed because we loved herocraft. It was our escape from our lives, the younger versions of us put off school work, healthy eating, sleeping, and played this shit all the time. a lot of us still hope that the server will get back to way things were, any fucking time I talk to the vets we're like "man those were the fucking days" we have hundreds of memories and would love to relive them. We're disgusted because facing our real lives started to seem better than focusing on herocraft. at least for some of us. some of us grew up and are trying to be people, some haven't changed one bit. but anyways, we loved this place. The good and bad from us all came from a place of love.

edit: @Kainzo what the fuck have you been doing about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
i want to be killfarmed by toxic gangs again.....This isn´t even a joke i actually enjoyed the feeling of having a ´´competence´´ , people to catch up and the feeling of player interaction.

I was on last night and I guess only one other person was online. I guess I missed the boat. Sounds like it used to be fun, even though I'm still intimidated by pvp.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
The problem is essentially unfixable. Herocraft had a unique community of people that all shot shit at each other but enjoyed it. You'd come back every day just to talk to the interesting people here. Generally speaking everyone had thick skin and noboby really got exceptionally tilted from the shenanigans aside from newer players. What this community created was one that was hard to get into but stuck around far more effectively than any other - one where players rarely really quit and due to this it was always slowly growing by drawing in the tougher new players. Sadly this sort of community was doomed to fail. As the game was changed and people got older, people quit herocraft for one reason or another. This causes other players to quit by association. Their friends were gone - why come back? The pvp of herocraft is interesting but it's not interesting enough to where you'd play by yourself. The remaining players are mostly staff which is why you see them rarely doing anything; They're used to the rough and tumble of the old times where you had to actually do some really bad stuff to get yourself muted or banned. Ruling the community with an iron fist would have driven the community mad as it needed a good dose of insanity to keep it interesting.

Players who quit usually did so because of real life issues or due to changes in the server. Once you lost one group of people they were usually gone forever. I know a lot of people quit once dungeons were added; They were grindy and slow, with no action whatsoever. Much less interesting then leveling a swamp for use.

Last edited:

Original_DD

Glowing Redstone
light i think your right on some parts but the fact that herocraft is unique doesnt mean that all those toxic poeple can just bully all the new poeple away. that is what they do now they legit bully away the new poeple so when poeple keep quiting and new poeple dont come quz of others then it dies even faster even if most is not fixable then we can still make the community nicer so that new poeple actualy come right now they leave bequese when they dont get something then they get yelled at by the poeple that are online. so how about we or make the rules a lil difrend or we have it that the new poeple wont need to ask questions (btw the last one is impossible) so its your guys thier choice. i wil help you guys do whatever you want but you have to choose first. especialy kainzo. fix the community or let the server die

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Hey - I'm up for debate on the matter, but sighing is appropriate too
But you won't respond to Sam when he tells you the problems we have with the server, and you wanted to give him attitude about him putting a sigh? He was better off just sighing, because you actually fucking replied. Now all of a sudden he tells you everything that we have a problem with, and now you're not "up for debate on the matter" anymore.

Last edited:
Y

ytiggidmas

But you won't respond to Sam when he tells you the problems we have with the server, and you wanted to give him attitude about him putting a sigh? He was better off just sighing, because you actually fucking replied. Now all of a sudden he tells you everything that we have a problem with, and now you're not "up for debate on the matter" anymore.
Thanks. He'll never get it. He doesn't know the people of influence and who it's important to listen to. We've all thrown our money at him so he can do whatever he feels.

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
Thanks. He'll never get it. He doesn't know the people of influence and who it's important to listen to. We've all thrown our money at him so he can do whatever he feels.
Don't worry maybe he'll start listening to us. He's lost all of his bit coin now. He needs our money to keep his server alive.

Y

ytiggidmas

Largely, we're making a huge push for balanced gameplay in PVE and then will re-add in-game arenas for people to PVP and eventually a re-release of PVP.

I do believe that we need a stronger community, one with much less toxicity and purpose.
is this staged?
light i think your right on some parts but the fact that herocraft is unique doesnt mean that all those toxic poeple can just bully all the new poeple away. that is what they do now they legit bully away the new poeple so when poeple keep quiting and new poeple dont come quz of others then it dies even faster even if most is not fixable then we can still make the community nicer so that new poeple actualy come right now they leave bequese when they dont get something then they get yelled at by the poeple that are online. so how about we or make the rules a lil difrend or we have it that the new poeple wont need to ask questions (btw the last one is impossible) so its your guys thier choice. i wil help you guys do whatever you want but you have to choose first. especialy kainzo. fix the community or let the server die
does anyone else get the vibe that this guys kainzo?

edit: this guy is kainzo. Kainzo is original_DD trying to voice to the community anonymously what his concerns are. They both are saying the same things. look at his post history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Don't worry maybe he'll start listening to us. He's lost all of his bit coin now. He needs our money to keep his server alive.
Not out of money, honey. People like me will never be broke.
Herocraft is best left as a creative outlet for me and not a money source. I am to keep it that way. The pvp crew (in its current/last state) is far too toxic to run an ejnoyable server. I'd rather not.
is this staged?

does anyone else get the vibe that this guys kainzo?
Conspiracy theories?
I was on last night and I guess only one other person was online. I guess I missed the boat. Sounds like it used to be fun, even though I'm still intimidated by pvp.
Havent missed the boat! The team is ramping up for some big changes, its just taking time and is largely revolving around an item system being completed.

The problem is essentially unfixable. Herocraft had a unique community of people that all shot shit at each other but enjoyed it. You'd come back every day just to talk to the interesting people here. Generally speaking everyone had thick skin and noboby really got exceptionally tilted from the shenanigans aside from newer players. What this community created was one that was hard to get into but stuck around far more effectively than any other - one where players rarely really quit and due to this it was always slowly growing by drawing in the tougher new players. Sadly this sort of community was doomed to fail. As the game was changed and people got older, people quit herocraft for one reason or another. This causes other players to quit by association. Their friends were gone - why come back? The pvp of herocraft is interesting but it's not interesting enough to where you'd play by yourself. The remaining players are mostly staff which is why you see them rarely doing anything; They're used to the rough and tumble of the old times where you had to actually do some really bad stuff to get yourself muted or banned. Ruling the community with an iron fist would have driven the community mad as it needed a good dose of insanity to keep it interesting.

Players who quit usually did so because of real life issues or due to changes in the server. Once you lost one group of people they were usually gone forever. I know a lot of people quit once dungeons were added; They were grindy and slow, with no action whatsoever. Much less interesting then leveling a swamp for use.
I agree that the culture of something is in a constant state of change. Herocraft went from a building server, to a PVE server, to a mixed server, to a PVP Server (for a very long time). We've always changed and its never been the same the entire time.

I don't know what to say, I know the servers hard to run and you need help coding and such. but we've screamed pvp at you for some time, and it's still pve this pve that. but PvP was exhilarating, a lot of what the community did and the reason a lot of the bastion vets were on revolved around pvp, and still it seems you've made moves that haven't really added value to the experience but slowed it down by branching into other areas and making the branches rather large, and they weren't very quality branches. i haven't really been paying too much attention to whats going on because it seems like it's a cycle of us saying pvp, and you taking it a different direction. maybe its cause you don't understand your pvp community because you weren't part of the towns, you didn't see it or experience it from our side. I remember lag spikes going on in bastion and wanting to punch a wall because of the stupidity, and you were over there telling the server how you had herobook polished up. PvP is addicting, the fast paced combat got our adrenaline going and along with bounties/tourny's we got our neurochemicals/nervous system going and our drives told us to seek more. But then you slowed down combat, made the maps bigger, seperated pvp/pve etc etc

Think of it this way, there's this girl you really like. You see her often, and when things are great, they're fucking great. But maybe, things change. Over time she says. I'm gunna stop sucking your dick. and you get sad, cause you really like getting your dick sucked. Then she starts putting her finger in your bum. and you don't fuck with that, but she keeps doing it, progressively escalating the finger in your anus, and decreasing the blowjobs. You fucking love this girl, and you thought you would spend the rest of your life with her, but shes practically fucking you in the ass and your stuck. You even consider changing your ways, and try to help the relationship by putting in your input and telling her how you feel. She looks at you and tells you shes gunna change and the futures gunna be great. The next morning you see a stickypad on the fridge and it says " hey honey, I thought about our future and I left you a gift on the table" you go to the table and see a box with a big red ribbon on it. You tear off the ribbon in excitement and open the future. It's a dildo, a big fucking dildo- just for you.

the veterans are toxic and pissed because we loved herocraft. It was our escape from our lives, the younger versions of us put off school work, healthy eating, sleeping, and played this shit all the time. a lot of us still hope that the server will get back to way things were, any fucking time I talk to the vets we're like "man those were the fucking days" we have hundreds of memories and would love to relive them. We're disgusted because facing our real lives started to seem better than focusing on herocraft. at least for some of us. some of us grew up and are trying to be people, some haven't changed one bit. but anyways, we loved this place. The good and bad from us all came from a place of love.

edit: @Kainzo what the fuck have you been doing about it?
Unless im directly tagged - I dont get the alert that a conversation has happened, chill your fun bits about that shit. You aren't being ignored, i've just been busy.
If you want a PVP community, lay out a framework that works, lay out the rulesets you want, lay out exactly what you want and how it to be done and I'll give it to you. When it fails because you don't have the constant new/fresh meat of PVE players to stroke your dick on when you slaughter them without any contest, we'll be back where we started.

We have more than enough hardware to field two types of servers, PVP and PVE. What we don't have is an actual healthy PVP playerbase, I hope that changes, I do but over the years its proven that you dont want team based objectives, you want unfair matches and instant wins.

I am serious about the rulesets / server - I'll host it and administrate it and you can all your friends can enjoy it for all of its glory with the exact ruleset ans setup you want. I'll even promote new mods and admins just to maintain this server, go revive Brutalacerate, I'm sure he'd have fun with it too. We can even call it HerocraftPVP or HeroPVP, I dont care, I wont however advertise it to the non-pvper crowd as anything other than a PVP server.

To the nay sayrs:
Largely, I've been focusing on other aspects of my life than Minecraft. Seeing that this server has been up for 7 years straight, without any breaks, I'd say I've earned more time in areas I deem fit. Get off your high horse and zoom out a bit from your block game world and your gaming life and maybe you'll see things with new perspective.

I'm subscribed to your YouTube channel so I do see the things you're working on. I don't comment much but I've been watching.

Original_DD

Glowing Redstone
wait now im a fake again lmao? sam you even played with me several times. and if this is fake and im kainzo. then why did i plan it out 3 years ahead and made this account then. talked to several poeple. made friends. and talked in the same discord as myself while beighn 2 difrend poeple. please explain that to me sammy boy.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
wait now im a fake again lmao? sam you even played with me several times. and if this is fake and im kainzo. then why did i plan it out 3 years ahead and made this account then. talked to several poeple. made friends. and talked in the same discord as myself while beighn 2 difrend poeple. please explain that to me sammy boy.
I think you could benefit greatly by reducing your time spent on herocraft/herocrafts forums and using your newly gained free time to attend a fucking English class.