• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Community Update

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greetings Minecraft Heroes!
I wanted to touch base with the community and let you know whats happening in Herocraft and the direction we're taking with the Minecraft server.
Right now, we're recovering from losing devs that were pushing the new (and amazing) item system, Relics. We're searching for additional developers that will help make the Relics system a reality (80% complete), as many of our new systems hinge on it. We are not calling it quits on Minecraft / Herocraft development but we are at an impass where we can't push the project further without completing an item system that will last us for years to come.

The future of Herocraft.
We're continuing on our mission to focus on character progression both in items and levels and an evolving community that supports one another in achieving its goals. The player vs environment aspect of Herocraft is something our team is focusing solely on. Later we will revisit the PVP side of the server once we are happy with the leveling rate, leveling gains, mob difficulty and item progression.

The short term.
  • Expontential per-level gains (damage/health/mana/etc) - capping at 6K hp for tanks, 10K fully geared
  • Expontential item stats
  • Mob difficulty adjustment to the new expontential gains
  • Platinum Currency
There won't be any wipes.
Your stuff is safe, we will be launching new maps but we wont be removing exp, items, currency or builds. Our focus is still steadfast on not having any more wipes to prolong and instill a "lasting" gameplay. We will however run number crunches where necessary if we feel we've done something wrong and that may require players to re-level if we change the per-level exp up.

What we need.
Scripters, developers and builders who want to push Herocraft to be an immersive role playing experience. Once we have an progressive item system that suits our needs, we will be aggressively advertising to our community and the minecraft playerbase to obtain at minimum 100 player count during peak hours.

We hope you stick with us on the revamps and changes. Its been over 7 years since we started this project and with our focus is on the community and making sure we have something that players want to talk about, enjoy with others and continue to forge bonds that will last for another 7 years.

Im glad this server stills alive, also talking about ´´taking a direction´´ i always felt like the main issue with the server wasnt the content but rather the feeling of playing in a middle ground, it doesnt completly feel like a cooperative roleplay where everything is based on player interaction or like a hardcore pvp based anarchy (we cant mass grief https://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Category:Rules) it is divided between PVP and PVE players.
I think that the most needed thing right now is a way to make the whole community focus in a single game concept and somewhat encourage a little bit of player interaction between these two groups (other than being killfarmed in a gate).

-English isn´t my native language so i most likely did a lot of awkward word combinations, feel free to correct me :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Im glad this server stills alive, also talking about ´´taking a direction´´ i always felt like the main issue with the server wasnt the content but rather the feeling of playing in a middle ground, it doesnt completly feel like a cooperative roleplay where everything is based on player interaction or like a hardcore pvp based anarchy (we cant mass grief https://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Category:Rules) it is divided between PVP and PVE players.
I think that the most needed thing right now is a way to make the whole community focus in a single game concept and somewhat encourage a little bit of player interaction between these two groups (other than being killfarmed in a gate).

-English isn´t my native language so i most likely did a lot of awkward word combinations, feel free to correct me :)
Which is why our primary focus is shifting towards PVE. We will hammer out every aspect until we are happy before mass-re-introducing PVP. Its very important to us to know we have balance in one aspect of play before we continue on to others.

MAGYAR12

Glowstone
Which is why our primary focus is shifting towards PVE. We will hammer out every aspect until we are happy before mass-re-introducing PVP. Its very important to us to know we have balance in one aspect of play before we continue on to others.

Good point, well said.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Honestly imho I don't think this is the correct move, there are plenty of servers that do already offer PvE content but this PvP that HC had provided was something special. When there is healthy PvP there is constant content that is not stale. I've been away for a long time, mostly due to irl issues and other commitments but I can tell you that PvP is the only thing that attracted me to HC.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Don't care to much about the direction of the server anymore but if people want a PVE system with levelling, mobs, bosses etc they will go to Wynncraft.

You cannot compete with Wynncraft, you don't have the resources or systems. You are better off balancing both so you have a niche.
@Kainzo

AtomicTempest

Legacy Supporter 9
I will come back when herocraft goes to its roots when PVP was a thing I can find PVE everywhere ! When towns were casual and everything was simple this now is very big mess

Just go back to how it was in 2014. When I first joined HC. It's a special place that i want to return to. I want to join HC again. I've been away for too long but the lack of people and such isn't reassuring. I'll be on soon enough.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just go back to how it was in 2014. When I first joined HC. It's a special place that i want to return to. I want to join HC again. I've been away for too long but the lack of people and such isn't reassuring. I'll be on soon enough.
"Back to 2014" isnt really very descrptive - what aspects did you enjoy?

"Back to 2014" isnt really very descrptive - what aspects did you enjoy?
I enjoyed my friends. The leveling up system. The souls. The fact that there were 100+ people always on. Hell i was there when ez joined the server.
I even missed the war between the northern towns and the southern towns, something idk if you knew about. There was a war in your server.
I miss the no griefing rule.
I just miss this server in general.

Gman7066

TNT
I remember the days... When the Fire Tree-looking people ran the server and destroyed everyone in PvP; when you had to hire bodyguards in T chat so you could sell your items to the store vendors on the main roads; when making a town wasn't as hard as you thought it could be. Although leveling up was not the most fun thing to do, the mob arenas are what really caught my attention. The PvE aspect helped me grind my way to safety from the PvP. I think re-scaling the PvE is an excellent idea and will help promote individuals to obtain the necessary PvP skills to compete with the die hards on the server. I have been a part of this community for five years now (on-and-off), and have really enjoyed the different maps that have been put out and all of the creative content being released. What needs to be done, in my opinion, is focus on the player to player communication aspect. Trading, quests, towns, and events are what make a server special. I used to play on an RP server back in the day, and it had such a massive player-base because of the special events and interactions with the other players. It may be bad to say this but, force the RP. If you truly want this community to thrive and be considered an RP server, you need everyone to participate in this vision. Participation is the key, so make it happen. I have supported this server for so long and will always continue to support it. Thanks to the inspiration of HeroCraft, I starting coding in 8th grade and am now pursuing a major in CS. Keep up the good work guys, and I hope my input helped out!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I remember the days... When the Fire Tree-looking people ran the server and destroyed everyone in PvP; when you had to hire bodyguards in T chat so you could sell your items to the store vendors on the main roads; when making a town wasn't as hard as you thought it could be. Although leveling up was not the most fun thing to do, the mob arenas are what really caught my attention. The PvE aspect helped me grind my way to safety from the PvP. I think re-scaling the PvE is an excellent idea and will help promote individuals to obtain the necessary PvP skills to compete with the die hards on the server. I have been a part of this community for five years now (on-and-off), and have really enjoyed the different maps that have been put out and all of the creative content being released. What needs to be done, in my opinion, is focus on the player to player communication aspect. Trading, quests, towns, and events are what make a server special. I used to play on an RP server back in the day, and it had such a massive player-base because of the special events and interactions with the other players. It may be bad to say this but, force the RP. If you truly want this community to thrive and be considered an RP server, you need everyone to participate in this vision. Participation is the key, so make it happen. I have supported this server for so long and will always continue to support it. Thanks to the inspiration of HeroCraft, I starting coding in 8th grade and am now pursuing a major in CS. Keep up the good work guys, and I hope my input helped out!
Really happy to hear you're pursuing it! Starting young is best!

Thanks for the constructive feedback, it really does help.
@Admins