• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] Skyforge [36]

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=medium]Welcome to Skyforge, a member city of the Kingdom of Edolas. We are a city of floating islands connected by a spanning paths, towers and airships adrift amongst the clouds, all looming over a forest town nestled snugly in the valleys below!

We are recruiting! Our city offers:

1) FREE, custom-made plots
2) We buy gold from citizens for a full 9c /bar, which is the highest price allowed on the server.
3) As a member city of KoE we have vast resources, personnel, and land area to work with. KoE members that are PK'd have a whole Kingdom to back them up!
4) Skyforge is strikingly beautiful. Come see for yourself!
5) We're newbie-friendly and will help you get on your feet.
6) We have some ambitious projects for experienced builders who want to be challenged and inspired.
7) We will be offering structured PVP combat in a specially made arena or battlefield, for those who wish to participate.

Message or /mail any Town Council member to apply for membership.

Visit us at x:-1625 z:+490, or via the Herogate.

SKY chat channel: "/ch sf"

Skyforge Charter

Mayor: Capn_Danger
Co-Mayor: Fuckingsoup98
Skyforge Council: Diavolo1988, OrangeAngel, Quadzpha, AfroDave

Banker: lucqu

Citizens:
1) Fuckingsoup98
2) OrangeAngel
3) Diavolo1988
4) Soupsminions98
5) xionwalker
6) Fire3
7) Kurugi
8) Trickeryzz
9) Quadzpha
10) jim_jim
11) tbone200
12) Steelwraith
13) Finchie93
14) Edwindepolo
15) worldofgoo
16) Sigilsword
17) coldmalice
18) Pakistaniel
19) martinjs
20) AVENGEDMW
21) idiotricky
22) brambekker
23) tudiyas
24) AfroDave
25) Dieselmitts
26) Domitus
27) Texteo
28) Smoke_TH
29) Killerr1
30) Steamed
31) Rocket Montage
32) Deech
33) Proudwolf
34) benjamin1160
35) bkwyrm
36) mine_samurai

Building guidelines for Skyforge

These rules are to keep the growth and planning of the town manageable and keep the vision of the town intact.

1) Private sky lots can only be built at y=85 or higher. The floor of your house can start anywhere above y=85, keep in mind the fancy clouds layer is at 109 and skybox is at 130. There are 2 floors of streets, one at y=90 and another at y=114.

2) Standard lot size is a 10x10 area, no more than 16 high. If your property impresses the Town Council we may give you additional room to build with for free!

3) Structures should be about 5-10 blocks from any other structure, unless otherwise granted.

4) You can build a yard area out 2 blocks from your 10x10 structure area, if you really need or want to.

5) Ask a Town council member before you build! Some areas are reserved for town use, such as leaving room for roads.

6) If you have a public project for the town you would like to build just ask one of us about your project idea! We want you to participate in making Skyforge awesome

OUR MOST IMPORTANT RULE: If you have an interesting idea that requires breaking one of these rules or needs more space, PLEASE ask myself, Fuckingsoup98, or a Council member. If it's an interesting idea and will add to the town it will almost certainly be approved!

Don't build a plain, stone box . Build something more creative! You are encouraged to not use up your 10x10 lot space just for walls for your house. You also don't have to build a square house. Round towers, an open area, and some angles or corners can be interesting, or whatever else you can cook up. Lastly, Skyforge is often seen from below, so consider the bottom face of your plot too. Just make it awesome, whatever you do!

Ongoing Town Projects

Volunteer to work anything you like, or suggest your own project!

1) Finishing the outer roads, and a few smaller side roads.
2) Making more roads at level at y=90
3) Building the outer wall at ground level.
4) Adding in parkspace and other decorations to town.
5) Put something inside the town hall.
6) Trading post
7) Soup is making a hospital, which will have Realms healing.
8) COMBAT ARENA PROJECT is underway!
9) A monorail station is needed, we need to join up to the server rail network ASAP!
10) A mob trap to collect loot for the town.
11) Assisting Fuckingsoup98 on the arcanium.
12) Projects for the surface level.
13) We need coin for city ring! We have to depend on donations.

14) You can remove the dirt below your home when you no longer need it! We will be removing the whole dirt layer eventually. Also, we would like people to do something with bottom of their lots, since the town is seen from below. One idea that Soup has suggested is using dirt/stone to make small natural islands that our homes rest on. Just be creative!
[/size]

Fire3

Iron
RE: The City of Skyforge

If anyone wants to update the newspaper while I'm gone feel free to do that! I'm waiting until the server works without downgrading.

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5

hey its soup! haven't been on in awhile, because of... certain... events, and might not be on much, but ill be on and off to check how you guys are doing :]

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5

Guys, its super easy to switch your minecraft.jar file if you want to play right now. You'll have to overwrite your old jar when the server updates anyway, so come on and hop back on the server fellas! Soup, hope you're doin' well, man.

Fire3

Iron

Yeah gonna do that the next time notch updates. I thought it'd only take a few days to get it back working :p

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5

News: Airship under construction. It's gonna be the sweetest ride on the server, FO SHO.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3

Capn_Danger said:
News: Airship under construction. It's gonna be the sweetest ride on the server, FO SHO.

>.< Damn wish i could see it. Now I'm not sure whether or not to downgrade........ So confused on what to do :icon_rolleyes:

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5

AfroDave said:
Capn_Danger said:

>.< Damn wish i could see it. Now I'm not sure whether or not to downgrade........ So confused on what to do :icon_rolleyes:

Just save a copy of your current minecraft.jar; when you want to undo the downgrade you can switch them out. The problem with the test map is that nothing you do there will be saved.

If you're having trouble there's also a version switcher program linked in this thread.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6

hey all, I have duplicated the "statue" Pakistaniel made at the bottom of the entrance stairs, so now it looks more balanced. I am also considering doing some more terraforming in the area down there so there is water a bit further in.

I have also started the planning of a monorail hub and station right next to the bottom of the central lift.

An other suggestion I have is making entrances (stairs with gatehouses at the top) in more directions than we currently have. That way we wont need to chop a hole in the cacti wall to get out. We should also have the cacti wall completed and cuboided to make the only entrances through the main gatehouses.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3

Diavolo1988 said:
hey all, I have duplicated the "statue" Pakistaniel made at the bottom of the entrance stairs, so now it looks more balanced. I am also considering doing some more terraforming in the area down there so there is water a bit further in.

I have also started the planning of a monorail hub and station right next to the bottom of the central lift.

An other suggestion I have is making entrances (stairs with gatehouses at the top) in more directions than we currently have. That way we wont need to chop a hole in the cacti wall to get out. We should also have the cacti wall completed and cuboided to make the only entrances through the main gatehouses.

Don't forget the new farm we made :icon_mrgreen:

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5

Hey guys its soup, just updating my progress on school, and life. Just wanted to let you guys know im not gone forever, and will be back officially when the server is completely patched :]

Fire3

Iron

FuckingSoup98 said:
Hey guys its soup, just updating my progress on school, and life. Just wanted to let you guys know im not gone forever, and will be back officially when the server is completely patched :]
It's now playable for the first time in few weeks without downgrading :) So yea I'm back now too, tho might take a while to get back into it after the break.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6

thats great guys. Im having some slight issues with how the server is working right now. There are no spells and no lifts or bridges. (without lifts and Capn putting a protection on the whole city I can no longer enter my house =P Only entrace used to be with a lift. ^^ Also if one dies, there is a long walk back to skyForge. Mark and recall didnt work for me atleast.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3

Diavolo1988 said:
thats great guys. Im having some slight issues with how the server is working right now. There are no spells and no lifts or bridges. (without lifts and Capn putting a protection on the whole city I can no longer enter my house =P Only entrace used to be with a lift. ^^ Also if one dies, there is a long walk back to skyForge. Mark and recall didnt work for me atleast.

Diavolo the new commands '/home set'

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6

Thanks Afro, nice to be able to get back when you die. ;)

Capn_Danger do you think you could remove some of the protection on the city so we can make adjustments to our houses so we are able to get inside them? Do donors also have the ability to make protected realms now?

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5

Sorry guys, I didn't know that regions is protected by default. I added everyone, if you can't build please post here, it's possible a typo could have snuck in when I was entering 26 names :)

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5

Bargraphics said:
I think you may have received ingame mail from spongi about this, but also try to resize your region, its about 100 blocks out of your actual ring.

Yeah, he let me know. I had a realm along the outer road before, but regions only does big-ass cubes.

I've made a parent zone thats touching the streets, but it's still a big square. Nothing can be done about that without a ton of work. That area is no-pvp, but the larger zone will only be block protected so you can still murder us when we leave the city. No one has rights to build or mine there anyways, so that isn't a problem.