• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bloodmage

cshadowrun

Coal
I had the same thought last map. I played bloodmage the majority of the map and got mad when people suggested anything along the lines of making bloodmage more support. I realized later I was wrong. Bloodmage is meant to be support. The bloodunion system started the journey in that direction but the class is still lacking. If you want lots of DoT and casts, go necromancer.

Bloodmage had lots of DoTs last map which gave people the impression, myself included, that the class should be mainly about damage and less about healing. When you make a bloodmage into basically a damage mage you get:
  • Mana issues
  • Conflicting/pointless skills
  • Dmg issues
As a support it would have stronger heals, more widespread dmg (with less power obv), and utility. Things that's it's been lacking for a very long time.
Does bloodmage have heals that can heal party members?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Testing it even With 30 int it only does 85 damage with siphon.... ire does more damage with 25 intellect

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Testing it even With 30 int it only does 85 damage with siphon.... ire does more damage with 25 intellect
You need to remember that the damage compared to something like smite or ire is compensated with the healing portion

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
One of my idea's is
Increase Mana given from Transfuse to 100 (Just like Dark Ritual) - I was being derpy
Decrease Mana Taken to use Siphonblood, And Combust Blood
Increase SiphonBlood's base Damage from 40 to 70?
These are just idea's im testing it atm and will try to make sure these would work

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Blood Mage Has:

2 Single Target Damage Spells
1 AOE Damage Spell
3 Single Target Heal Spells
0 AOE heals

As you can see, for a "healer" class it can't actually heal that well. Paladin which is a "warrior" has the same amount of heals.

What I suggest:
  • Blood Well (Name WIP) Level 30
    • Mana: 150
    • CD: 25 seconds
    • Health: Costs 200 HP
    • Heal: (200) * [(50% + 1% per Wis) + 5% per blood union]
I know we aren't supposed to suggest new skills, but a healer without a single AOE heal is just silly.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Does bloodmage have heals that can heal party members?
Bloodgift is the only heal worth using on group members and using it frequently in a fight will leave very little mana for damage. Sure it has bloodbond but the mana drain is so fast that by the time you're out of mana, and most likely health, the heals you gave your party have probably been eaten by left click damage. The only self heal it has minus bloodritual, which in a 1v1 is a mana sink, actually costs health to use...yeah ik terrible.
Blood Mage Has:

2 Single Target Damage Spells
1 AOE Damage Spell
3 Single Target Heal Spells
0 AOE heals

As you can see, for a "healer" class it can't actually heal that well. Paladin which is a "warrior" has the same amount of heals.

What I suggest:
  • Blood Well (Name WIP) Level 30
    • Mana: 150
    • CD: 25 seconds
    • Health: Costs 200 HP
    • Heal: (200) * [(50% + 1% per Wis) + 5% per blood union]
I know we aren't supposed to suggest new skills, but a healer without a single AOE heal is just silly.
Bloodmage will probably need old skills replaced with new ones tbh.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I know as malik said we shouldn't post skills and idk if its even possible but..... maybe Give Bloodmage a passive that it gains mana from killing an Enemy? not much but enough to help in team fights

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I know as malik said we shouldn't post skills and idk if its even possible but..... maybe Give Bloodmage a passive that it gains mana from killing an Enemy? not much but enough to help in team fights
I'm in favor of reducing mana in general and make more skills use health. At the same time, the amount you can leech from people and heal others needs to be altered.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
A possibility would be to have the skills cost very little mana, bump the BMs hp and bump the hp costs.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah After Testing for 3 hours I think the damage is actually fine, it just lacks the healing power and I think maybe do what @malikdanab set and put health and mana re-agents?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
A possibility would be to have the skills cost very little mana, bump the BMs hp and bump the hp costs.
But could we get like a 35 hp heal with like a 2 minute cd so u will always have enough hp to heal? then u can be able to use skills even when low

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
To me the perfect bloodmage would have skills that work like this:
  • ONLY skills that deal damage should cost health. If it's direct you lose a chunk of hp, if it's a DoT you lose health over time after casting.
  • Skills that heal cost mana ONLY
  • Utilities/special heals can mix them
I'm in favor of reducing mana in general and make more skills use health. At the same time, the amount you can leech from people and heal others needs to be altered.
Yeah After Testing for 3 hours I think the damage is actually fine, it just lacks the healing power and I think maybe do what @malikdanab set and put health and mana re-agents?
Playing with the numbers of mana, damage, and health costs of pre-existing skills are what lead bloodmage to become the monster it is today.

What bloodmage needs are new skills.
  • Creative heals
  • Better heals
  • More group support and utility
  • Less damage
  • Fix mana issues
The only trait I'd want to see any new bloodmage have that the current one has is that it can only really heal in combat. Constantly moving around health and mana between itself, party members, and enemies instead of how it currently is in group fights:
  • #1 heal focus
    • You run around the fight healing your party with the one heal you have, run out of mana, die horribly
  • #2 damage focus
    • You spend all your time spamming combust, siphon, and boil. You barely take out 1 person from the enemy party now you're out of mana, you die without really impacting the fight and your team hates you :(
  • #3 Do both
    • You start your bloodbond, spam your 3 dmg skills, and transfuse to keep it up. By the time you're out of mana, which happens in a few seconds, you're probably at less than half health and your team is most likely getting steamrolled because your heals are terrible.

cshadowrun

Coal
Bloodgift is the only heal worth using on group members and using it frequently in a fight will leave very little mana for damage. Sure it has bloodbond but the mana drain is so fast that by the time you're out of mana, and most likely health, the heals you gave your party have probably been eaten by left click damage. The only self heal it has minus bloodritual, which in a 1v1 is a mana sink, actually costs health to use...yeah ik terrible.

It cant really be a support class in that case because
1. It has no AOE heals
2. No buffs wisdom ect
3. Very squishy in my opinion
4. Only has about 1 heal that can be applied to team members

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
It cant really be a support class in that case because
1. It has no AOE heals
2. No buffs wisdom ect
3. Very squishy in my opinion
4. Only has about 1 heal that can be applied to team members

If something isn't the way you want it then change it. Simple as that. :)

cshadowrun

Coal
In my opinion a bloodmage revamp would be needed to make the class viable again... Because noone on herocraft plays Bloodmage on herocraft

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Something that would be interesting to see would be a skill that changes what bloodmage uses. HP or Mana? Would be cool and unique but I do not know how well this could be balanced and people will find a way to abuse it.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
To me the perfect bloodmage would have skills that work like this:
  • ONLY skills that deal damage should cost health. If it's direct you lose a chunk of hp, if it's a DoT you lose health over time after casting.
  • Skills that heal cost mana ONLY
  • Utilities/special heals can mix them

Playing with the numbers of mana, damage, and health costs of pre-existing skills are what lead bloodmage to become the monster it is today.

What bloodmage needs are new skills.
  • Creative heals
  • Better heals
  • More group support and utility
  • Less damage
  • Fix mana issues
The only trait I'd want to see any new bloodmage have that the current one has is that it can only really heal in combat. Constantly moving around health and mana between itself, party members, and enemies instead of how it currently is in group fights:
  • #1 heal focus
    • You run around the fight healing your party with the one heal you have, run out of mana, die horribly
  • #2 damage focus
    • You spend all your time spamming combust, siphon, and boil. You barely take out 1 person from the enemy party now you're out of mana, you die without really impacting the fight and your team hates you :(
  • #3 Do both
    • You start your bloodbond, spam your 3 dmg skills, and transfuse to keep it up. By the time you're out of mana, which happens in a few seconds, you're probably at less than half health and your team is most likely getting steamrolled because your heals are terrible.

I've Tried Heal Focus Damage Focus and Both.... I can usually kill 1 person with it but then if im fighting in say a 3v3 on test I die right after that.... I think bloodmages few damage skills are fine though tbh

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
What if BM used no mana at all?

My opinion on skills:
  • Siphon Blood: Perfectly fine, besides maybe the warm-up. Maybe reduce/remove it?
  • infusion: Really bad IMO-
    • Healing: 65->75
    • Scaling: 1.375->1.5
    • Health Cost: 35->50
  • Transfuse: Increase mana gain form 125 to 150
  • Bloodbond: Good as it is (Maybe lower mana cost from 40 to 35)
  • Blood Gift-
    • Healing: 145->250
    • Scaling: 2->3.5
    • Health Cost: 85->175
  • Steal Essence-
    • Mana: 185->125
    • CD: 25-> 18
  • Blood Ritual-
    • Mana: 240->175
    • Scaling: 0.18->0.25
But really, BM NEEDS an AOE heal.