• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Berserker changes

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Along with the new "balance" changes on test (I understand these are subject to change) I realised how actually berserker is being made op when originally it has been said to be one of the only balanced classes?

Lunge: The only current change I agree with is the increase in range for lunge as it now has some chase potential.

Rupture: Ruptures damage is absurd and more or less forces the enemy to stand completely still and take a berserker beating, is it possible for this buff to be reduced somewhat making the skill viable but not doing insane damage to those who can't stand face to face with a berserker.

Bladegrasp: My biggest worry is the fixing of bladegrasp. Although only against melee's this essentially is an invuln for 5 seconds with only a 15second cooldown alongside the 300stamina cost. The skill blocks every incoming melee attack 100% and has an insanely small cooldown as well as the duration lasting forever.
I think this skill at most needs are a 3 second duration and 20second cooldown and thats being generous to be honest.

Maim: Maim, I have no idea if this was before or during the current changes but maim counts as an interrupt as well as a slow and dishing out damage? if this is the case then bash needs to be removed from berserkers skill kit imo or the interrupt removed from maim and just left in bash

Just giving my opinion on the current berserker "balance" changes, i think it was originally in a pretty good place with just the smallest tweaks needed, nothing drastic :)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Along with the new "balance" changes on test (I understand these are subject to change) I realised how actually berserker is being made op when originally it has been said to be one of the only balanced classes?

Just giving my opinion on the current berserker "balance" changes, i think it was originally in a pretty good place with just the smallest tweaks needed, nothing drastic :)
I see Kainzo's proposed new high damage changes as Beserker's last chance to top Warrior DPS before Samurai arrives and forces Beserker to become some kind of Bloodmage-Tank. edit: Or maybe not idk dont smite me kainzo sir... and Beserker will be monitored either way after changes.
Your point about Rupture is particularly valid, the new damage forces the target to remain engaged. Perhaps an increased resource cost to make the skill more strategic.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I have an idea for Rupture to be less OP but still just as effective if you're good:
Rupture does the same damage as it did before they changed it, maybe a bit more, maybe not.
Rupture now gives the target slowness I.
Rupture now gives target nausea as they walk. Nausea doesn't happen if you stay in one spot.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Rupture's base on test is 20 every block or two. With BerserkerRage, Provoke, or Frenzy, it can do more than 60 per block! You can easily lose half if not more of your health with this skill.

Solution: I think it should be changed so it doesn't scale with any of Berserker's damage-increasing skills. This way, you could keep the usefulness of the skill intact but not have it do more damage than Arcaneblast.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It's ok guys, I trust Kainzo's balance decisions.
*Realize that Kainzo increased the CD of bladegrasp to 15 minutes*
My entire life is a lie!

Moralsk

Gold
@malikdanab and I tested rupture before it go buffed, and it was one of the most useless skills in all of Herocraft. Lunge was mostly useless. Then bladegrasp completely broke, and there was one point maim didn't slow. Never at any of these points were people willing to admit that Berserker had any issues, they just said every time "It's perfectly balanced". I'll admit I was pretty happy when Berserker got buffed.

Some points to make-

The reason rupture was underpowered was not directly because of the damage, but because it didn't actually trigger every block or two. So what you had was an ability that could only deal 1 1/2 hearts at the most.

Last I checked maim didn't interrupt, only slowed, and I never saw anything that said that interrupt was added.

Bladegrasp does have a short CD, but look at the other CD's berserker has, they're very long compared to i.e Dragoon. Fights are also usually pretty short in Herocraft. In my opinion the real problem is the fact that as you said against other warriors or rogues that's basically 4 seconds of invuln for Berserker. However, this is what always happened to me when I used it

Dragoon - Jumps away
Ninja - Hooks away
Paladin - Usually would go invuln or use lay hands afterwards
Runeblade - Blinks away (Lunge could be used after if I could get them back in targeting distance)
Bard - Accelerando
Ranger - Hooks away
Pyromancer - Enderpearls away

Wizard, Necro, and Beguiler have no reason to be disarmed, but even if they did, all 3 have counters.

As for Dreadknight, yeah you're just screwed for those 4 seconds (Don't really think DK's have had it too fair tbh)

Rupture

The point of rupture is supposed to be "Don't run away my prey". Before it had near absolutely no effect basically. Now it's actually a tool to let Berserker keep up with classes, considering Berserker had little comparable mobility. There were many many times when I pvp'd that my opponent would simply leave, regen a little, then kill me. Lunge had very little chasing ability then, and even now it's still not effective on many classes. You know how many times rangers, ninjas, goons, would just go on top of something. Goons would just regen, ninjas and rangers of course would shoot me. Most classes are also simply faster than Berserker. None of our skills scale off of agility, so we can't afford much of it. Basically every class except for Paladin and Dreadknight (and probably cleric) runs faster than Berserker. Rupture is really the only skill we have that can counter these kind of things.

I'll probably get dislikes for everything I've wrote here, but no I don't think Berserker was completely balanced before. I acknowledge some of the buffs may have gone overboard, but to say that they need revoked in my opinion is a horrible idea.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3

Lunge: The only current change I agree with is the increase in range for lunge as it now has some chase potential.

Rupture: Ruptures damage is absurd and more or less forces the enemy to stand completely still and take a berserker beating, is it possible for this buff to be reduced somewhat making the skill viable but not doing insane damage to those who can't stand face to face with a berserker.

Bladegrasp: My biggest worry is the fixing of bladegrasp. Although only against melee's this essentially is an invuln for 5 seconds with only a 15second cooldown alongside the 300stamina cost. The skill blocks every incoming melee attack 100% and has an insanely small cooldown as well as the duration lasting forever.
I think this skill at most needs are a 3 second duration and 20second cooldown and thats being generous to be honest.

Maim: Maim, I have no idea if this was before or during the current changes but maim counts as an interrupt as well as a slow and dishing out damage? if this is the case then bash needs to be removed from berserkers skill kit imo or the interrupt removed from maim and just left in bash

Do you even play berserker?

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
You can't stand still during it anyways. Rupture use to do only 3 hearts from superjump. Now if you use Toss on them it does about 3 or 4 plus the amount if you run. It's very unbalanced lol... (The toss combo was on either when I was goon or pally on test. Either way both classes are tanky. Do it to a squishy, easily 5 hearts)

Do you even play berserker?
He has Berserker maxed Monkey.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
@malikdanab
Bladegrasp does have a short CD
15 minutes is a short CD? Have you seen it on test recently?
The problem with rupture atm is that even if the person moves perfectly still, toss will cause 3-4 ticks. Even at full hp, this 90-120 true damage, this is too much damage for a warrior.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
15 minutes is a short CD? Have you seen it on test recently?
The problem with rupture atm is that even if the person moves perfectly still, toss will cause 3-4 ticks. Even at full hp, this 90-120 true damage, this is too much damage for a warrior.
You said exactly what I said basically about rupture.. lol. And he said 15 seconds. Not minutes.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
You can't stand still during it anyways. Rupture use to do only 3 hearts from superjump. Now if you use Toss on them it does about 3 or 4 plus the amount if you run. It's very unbalanced lol... (The toss combo was on either when I was goon or pally on test. Either way both classes are tanky. Do it to a squishy, easily 5 hearts)

He has Berserker maxed Monkey.
He's probobaly really bad, I think he needs to get good.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
If samurai is coming back in with berserker I feel like they would be so similar, Berserker was added in to replace samurai.

Avoir

Obsidian
If samurai is coming back in with berserker I feel like they would be so similar, Berserker was added in to replace samurai.
Monkey you don't play the server anymore nor were you any good at any class, if you don't have any stats or actually opinions that could help the class then shut it.