• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Battle Cleric - Cleric Remake Suggestion

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I am not sure I understand why Cleric is less deserving of a complete rework then Ninja? Ninja is the 6th most played class in the game, barely behind Dragoon and Disciple. I don't really agree that a class that has almost 50% less use is less deserving, unless you are saying so because you think the more used classes need to be even better.

Druid on the other hand, as well as Shaman and BloodMage are also classes have has dismally low use and are not generally liked are I feel are just as deserving as Cleric.

Source
fancygraph-png.9673
Everytime I see this I cry seeing my favorite caster and my 2 favorite healers are at the bottom *sigh*

Avoir

Obsidian
I am not sure I understand why Cleric is less deserving of a complete rework then Ninja? Ninja is the 6th most played class in the game, barely behind Dragoon and Disciple. I don't really agree that a class that has almost 50% less use is less deserving, unless you are saying so because you think the more used classes need to be even better.

Druid on the other hand, as well as Shaman and BloodMage are also classes have has dismally low use and are not generally liked are I feel are just as deserving as Cleric.

Source
fancygraph-png.9673

You're very biased when it comes to cleric. The only thing it needs at the moment is a longer CD on fullheal and revive, it doesn't not need a rework. Cleric is already super strong how it is.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
You're very biased when it come to cleric. The only thing it needs at the moment is a longer CD on fullheal and revive, it doesn't not need a rework. Cleric is already super strong how it is.
The point of the remake isn't about cleric balance. Its about making the class more fun and skill based. Not saying you have to agree with the changes, but don't think for a second that this rework is planning to make cleric more powerful.

Avoir

Obsidian
The point of the remake isn't about cleric balance. Its about making the class more fun and skill based. Not saying you have to agree with the changes, but don't think for a second that this rework is planning to make cleric more powerful.

Why change a class that already fits it's lore very well, it's a low damage high support class. No point in changing it. Get it to end game and you'll have loads of fun in fights, @Darkwerty can confirm this.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
You're very biased when it comes to cleric. The only thing it needs at the moment is a longer CD on fullheal and revive, it doesn't not need a rework. Cleric is already super strong how it is.

It's not about making it stronger. I don't feel that it needs to change to make it stronger and I have said this many times in the past.
I feel it needs a change to make it more fun to play, more interactive, more self sufficient.

The numbers don't lie Franky, Cleric is not "fine as it is."

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
It's not about making it stronger. I don't feel that it needs to change to make it stronger and I have said this many times in the past.
I feel it needs a change to make it more fun to play, more interactive, more self sufficient.

I will also point out that this is not a balance post. It's a class direction suggestion, which is very different.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Cleric does not need a buff to its 1v1 or solo potential. Even with self heals taking a large nerf from Delf it has the tankiness and heals to survive. It also has the power to fight back; if you can out-melee the person you are against it is a win. It may still lose some matchups 1v1 but it can still win a bunch of them. Also if a class lacks hard CC or a good amount of silences/interrupts it does not have a good chance of winning.

Source
fancygraph-png.9673

Ninja:
It doesn't do what it is meant to do the majority of the time. Of course you can kill someone very quick if you are lucky and get the jump on them, hitting their back multiple times. Other times you don't have any tools at your disposal to get the back stab damage you need. The purpose of the Ninja rework would be having to not rely on 1 scenario over and over again. Not to mention the class is horrid in any group fight

But why is Ninja played so much?! It is because it is fun to play. In real world PvP you can escape just as much as a Dragoon. There are also very few Ninjas that can even PvP. Same goes for Dragoon; it may be good in some 1v1 matchups but most of the time it is considered 'bad'. People play it because it is fun, not because it is overly strong.

Cleric:
It does the job it is meant to do, and it does it really well. But if its so good why is it barely played?! It is not the most entertaining to play and being a dedicated healer does not suit the majority of people. I was fairly surprised when @Darkwerty decided to be our Cleric because I always thought he preferred to be doing more damage. He made it work, he beat a good chunk of people 1v1 and still had a build that demolished in team fights.

It goes for the other classes too: Druid strong, Bloodmage strong, Beguiler strong, Bard strong. And the main reason Shaman is down there is because it is a broken class that never transitioned to a Caster.

I am a fan of making Cleric more interactive in every way. I like skill shot heals that require practice and aiming to use. But allowing Cleric to melee better does not make it more 'skillful' or 'interactive' considering Clerics can already go up in your face and melee you; it would just make what Cleric is doing right now stronger.

Avoir

Obsidian

You're going off statistics that are not very precise.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Why change a class that already fits it's lore very well, it's a low damage high support class. No point in changing it. Get it to end game and you'll have loads of fun in fights, @Darkwerty can confirm this.

*deleted a sarcastic annoyed rant*

I agree with you that I personally like the idea of Cleric and would love to see it successful, but you are making that out to be a bad thing, where I see any class being successful as a good thing that will only help the server, not hurt it.

I don't agree on having classes just for lore, I would rather it be completely removed and replaced with something anyone can enjoy.
Cleric can be fun when you have a 5+ group. Cleric is not nearly as entertaining to play with less and a complete waste to play solo.

It's a third tier class, and it could be and should be at least 2nd if not 1st

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, I suppose we have all come to the agreement that we disagree on why a class should exist and on viability.

I don't feel that if a class can win some fights with a pro player in a dual to the death, that it makes it viable. That scenario means that it requires the opposing playing to fight to the death, presumably with preset conditions. If the player the Cleric is fighting decides not to fight, there is nothing the Cleric can do about it without outside assistance.

Honestly, you are preaching to the choir on a class that is pure support, I suggest The Guardian as a class for Christ's sake, but I am not the majority of players, and each class could be made in a way that the majority of players could enjoy, if only it was designed with both ideals thought out. This should be regardless of "lore" that most players don't even know about in the first place as lore can easily be changed in a fantasy world.

You're going off statistics that are not very precise.

I am not sure how the numbers from a recent server poll are not very precise. Perhaps you know something I don't on this.

In my mind fun to play is more important in a video game then lore fighting, or specialized purpose.
I must ask though, True do you honestly believe that in open world playing a solo Cleric, they could beat(as in kill) most classes? Edit: I know it can win 1v1 in closed, locked down duels as I almost got 2nd place in the 1v1 player tournament last map, I am talking open world where your opponent has free room and can run if they want to.

Last edited:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
In my mind fun to play is more important in a video game then lore fighting, or specialized purpose.
I must ask though, True do you honestly believe that in open world playing a solo Cleric, they could beat(as in kill) most classes? Edit: I know it can win 1v1 in closed, locked down duels as I almost got 2nd place in the 1v1 player tournament last map, I am talking open world where your opponent has free room and can run if they want to.
Most of the time in open world neither play will end up dying, unless they fight to the death. As you have stated, Cleric can't chase down their opponent. But the other person probably can't even kill the Cleric. So when they get low they will just run away, resulting in no one dying.

I understand why you want this but I personally feel that Cleric is in a good spot solo wise, and team fight wise. The only thing I would like to see (not only for Cleric) is more interactive healing. Could be skill shots or whatever I just think that there should be more to healing than just sitting there and pressing name binds

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Most of the time in open world neither play will end up dying, unless they fight to the death. As you have stated, Cleric can't chase down their opponent. But the other person probably can't even kill the Cleric. So when they get low they will just run away, resulting in no one dying.
This is true for a few classes, but if you notice the top 7 classes all have closers and will usually be able to finish any fight they start 1v1. Seems possible that all classes should have a chance to end a fight with a some form of skill.

I understand why you want this but I personally feel that Cleric is in a good spot solo wise, and team fight wise. The only thing I would like to see (not only for Cleric) is more interactive healing. Could be skill shots or whatever I just think that there should be more to healing than just sitting there and pressing name binds
I agree completely here, healing fireballs, heal all aoes, smaller more frequent heals could even help by keeping the Cleric consistently healing.

I am laughing a little bit, as I think about the what we have been arguing here back and forth and then I remember my second more extended remake Cleric Remake which would agrevate all the things you don't like about this suggestions two or three times more! :D:p

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I think Cleric shouldn't be doing damage and have heavy armor and heals... Not to mention 2 invulns but I've thought for a while that cleric (mostly fullheal) needs to be looked at
I mean 350 mana is a pretty good chunk but 20 second cd? I litterly think that cool down was just added as a joke just cuz it's so short and spammy
Just gunna say look at whos been saying this for a while?

From eldry's cleric re make thread :p
Get it to end game? Maan Fuck that its fun to play running around at lvl 5 sacredwording and smiting honestly cuz it has what 50 around weight to start with?