• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Battle Cleric - Cleric Remake Suggestion

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I think he's talking about a new skill altogether. I'm saying do you want *any* of your heals as a skillshot?
With the rate that targeting fails, I can only see the rage a skillshot failing would bring.

But the chance of failure allows the option to increase the potency of the spell for the added difficulty.
For instance:
Level: 60
SacredHymn -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 3 Min Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You bless your target (within 10 blocks) with a Sacred Hymn, restoring to them (200 + 3.125 per wisdom point) health and negating their fire effects.

Switched to:

SacredHymn -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Min Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You release a healing orb out in front of you, restoring (200 + 3.125 per wisdom point) health and negating their fire effects on the first party member hit.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
fireball and icebolt are skill shots and are a pretty big part of wizards strength, i think giving other classes a few abilities that have similar risk / reward to use would be great. Not always easy to hit the target you want in every situation, but at same time you would have the potential to hit someone from 20 blocks away and such, whereas now you have to pretty much butt hug people you want to heal due to the limited range and warm ups. Part of the allure is also just having at least one point and shoot heal without any need for name macroing at all.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
But the chance of failure allows the option to increase the potency of the spell for the added difficulty.
For instance:
SacredHymn -

Description:
You bless your target (within 10 blocks) with a Sacred Hymn, restoring to them (200 + 3.125 per wisdom point) health and negating their fire effects.

Switched to:

SacredHymn -

Description:
You release a healing orb out in front of you, restoring (200 + 3.125 per wisdom point) health and negating their fire effects on the first party member hit.
You replace a heal with a skillshot and I'll kill you.
Have enough self-preservation issues kthx

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
For instance:
SacredHymn -

Description:

Switched to:

SacredHymn -

Description:

Personally i would prefer a skillshot heal that heals less but with low cooldown (like a healing fireball, 5 second-ish cooldown), but that is just me. Would also be less "rage inducing" if you miss, while still penalizing you for lost / wasted mana.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Personally i would prefer a skillshot heal that heals less but with low cooldown (like a healing fireball, 5 second-ish cooldown), but that is just me. Would also be less "rage inducing" if you miss, while still penalizing you for lost / wasted mana.
You replace a heal with a skillshot and I'll kill you.
Have enough self-preservation issues kthx

I could do Pray then. leave SacredHymm and switch up Pray which I added back in as a skill shot.

Pray –
Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (135 + 3 per wisdom point) health. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

To :

HolyLight –
Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You project a ball of holy light out from you, healing the first party member hit for (135 + 3 per wisdom point) health.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I could do Pray then. leave SacredHymm and switch up Pray which I added back in as a skill shot.

Pray –
Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (135 + 3 per wisdom point) health. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

To :

HolyLight –
Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You project a ball of holy light out from you, healing the first party member hit for (135 + 3 per wisdom point) health.

sounds good to meeee.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
the closest thing i can think to a simple beam would be like an ability with instant cast / 0.5 sec global cooldown where youd have to spam your macro repeatedly while crosshair is on target . . . arthritis beam

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
the closest thing i can think to a simple beam would be like an ability with instant cast / 0.5 sec global cooldown where youd have to spam your macro repeatedly while crosshair is on target . . . arthritis beam
Or you know...a toggle-able skill.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I personally think that this Cleric build would be fantastically fun and the only minimally difficult to code the new skills, save for guidance which would most likely force change in each healing skills code.

I am sure there would be some balancing that would need to be done with exact numbers, but the reality of the current build is it's still very mana limited and would easily run out of mana, blocking the melee mode if not careful. So it's major controller is it's mana.

darkbalde2040

Legacy Supporter 7
would it be possible to make HolyAura toggle able so we don't have to keep recasting it in group pve fights?.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
only minimally difficult to code the new skills, save for guidance which would most likely force change in each healing skills code.
Just because it forces a change doesn't mean it would be hard...

Super593

Glowstone
I love this idea.I would definently not mind having a cleric around that is like this.

The class is well balanced along with having "auras".