• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Battle Cleric - Cleric Remake Suggestion

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
If you like the idea then please rate the post! If you have concerns, questions or comments please reply below!
This is a starting suggestion! All numbers are subject to debate and balancing, so please focus on the design and not the numbers that are already post. At the same time please feel free to suggest changes to the listed numbers with short(or long) explanations as to why.
"The Clerics of the lands have risen and fallen many times over the generations. Now after many generations the Cleric's has finally found their true faith and they march forward with their allies to victory" - Rebrith, Eldrylars

Cleric
A revamped core healer class for the Heroes system

The new Cleric have found their true self and have been reborn as the battle ready beast of the shrine. Channeling their healing energy into their offense the Cleric can fight in the midst of the chaos diminishing it's healing abilities or they can focus all his energies into their spells

Basic Information:
Type: Healer
Focus: Heavy Armor healer
Base Equip Weight: 45.25
Weapon: Hoe (Mace)
Golden Hoe
Base damage: 29
Per level damage: .3
Max damage: 49

Base Health: 637
Health Per Lvl: 3.5
Max Health: 861

Base Stamina: 1000

Base Mana: 948
Mana Per Lvl: 3
Max Mana: 1140

Strengths
Primary Healer with heals to span most scenarios.
Ability to swap from healing to melee damage.
Tanky.

Weaknesses
Spells drawn 10-20% of mana pool making mana hard to manage.
Only one ranged spell on a longer cooldown with a large mana draw.
Melee is limited unless the Cleric sacrifices most of his healing abilities.

Starting Attributes:
Strength: 3
Constitution: 2
Endurance: 5
Agility: -7
Intellect: 5
Wisdom: 7
Charisma: -5

Skills:
Level: 1
Tumble -

Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: PASSIVE Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description: You are able to fall (0.1 per agility point) additional# blocks without taking damage.

SacredWord -
Mana: 90 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 3 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (75 + 2 per wisdom point) health. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

Creature Lore –
Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: PASSIVE Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You gain .5 damage per level to melee attacks against MOBs.
Lore: The more you hunt down the denizens of the land the easier it gets as you learn their weaknesses.

DivineSpirit –
Mana: 300 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
The Cleric gains (10 + .5 per strength point) melee damage until the spell is toggled a second time disabling it. While Divine spirit is in use the Clerics heals are reduced by (65 - .6 per wisdom point) percent.
Lore: The Cleric channels the divine spirit into himself draining his magical abilities while boosting his own strength.

Guidance –
Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
All of the caster single target heals automatically cast on the targeted player until the spell is toggled off by casting it a second time.

Level: 5
Antidote -

Mana: 55 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 5 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description: You remove any damage over time effects from your target (within 15 blocks).

Level: 10
Smite -

Mana: 120 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 12 Warmup: .5 Reagent: None
Description:
You deal a (80 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to your target and (120 + 1.25 per intellect point) damage to undead targets, within 6 blocks.

Level: 15
HolyLight –

Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You project a ball of holy light out from you, healing the first party member hit for (135 + 3 per wisdom point) health.

Level: 20
HolyAura -

Mana: 180 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 20 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
Radiating a Holy Aura, you heal all allies within 6 blocks (other than yourself) for (10 + 0.6 per wisdom point) health every 2 seconds. Any undead targets within your Holy Aura will also be dealt (10 + 0.35 per wisdom point) damage. Your aura takes 1.5 seconds to warm up and it dissipates after 16 seconds.

Level 25
Dispel -

Mana: 90 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 5 Warmup: 1 Reagent: None
Description:
You remove a magical effect1 from your target (within 12 blocks). Takes 1 second to warm up.

Level: 30
HolyWater -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 14 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You throw a potion of Holy Water at your target location. All players including yourself within 7 blocks are healed for (60 + 1.875 per wisdom point) health and the undead receive the same amount as damage.

Level: 35
SacredTouch –

Mana: 140 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 10 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
Your touch heals your target (within 10 blocks) for (190 + 4.25 per wisdom point) health. Takes 3 seconds to warm up

Level: 40
Revive -

Mana: 175 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Min Warmup: 7.5 Reagent: Rose
Description:
You breathe life back into your target, returning them to the place where they died most recently (if you are within 50 + 1 per wisdom point blocks of their death). Takes 7.5 seconds to warm up and restores 500 mana to the target.

Level: 45
DivineBlessing -

Mana: 240 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 15 Warmup: 1.5 Reagent: None
Description:
All party members (including yourself) within an 8 block radius are healed for (120 + 3.25 per wisdom point) health. Takes 2.5 seconds to warm up.

Level: 50
HolyInspiration -

Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 45 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
Your target within a 7 blocks gains (10 + .5 per strength point) percent melee damage per attack for 40 seconds. The casters melee damage is reduced by (30 - .5 per wisdom point) for 40 seconds.
Lore: The Cleric channels the holy holy spirit into an ally enhancing his attacks, while helpful to his ally this effect is draining on the Cleric, sapping it's own melee strength

Level: 55
GuardianAngel -

Mana: 250 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 3 Min Warmup: 0 Reagent: Cactus
Description:
Party members within a 7 block radius are invulnerable for 3 seconds.

Level: 60
SacredHymn -

Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Min Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description:
You release a healing orb out in front of you, restoring (200 + 3.125 per wisdom point) health and negating their fire effects on the first party member hit.

Level: 65
FullHeal -

Mana: 350 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 20 Warmup: 4 Reagent: None
Description:
You restore your target within (8 + 0.15 per wisdom point) blocks to full health. If cast on yourself, you heal for half your maximum health points. Takes 4 seconds to warm up.

Make Cleric a lot more fun to play :D I would actually play cleric then maybe

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
**Cough cough** @Kainzo
This was well received when originally posted, and could easily be implemented without major coder resources.
With a little tweaking and numbers testing this build of Cleric would most likely from it into the top 10 classes being played and finally allow Cleric to function on it's own.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If only cleric could switch forms where all of its heals became damage skills....I'm crazy don't listen to me :p

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I really like this suggestion! I'd like to see some gameplay of it though but so far it is a very solid build!

Avoir

Obsidian
But apparently not enough time or motivation to list them...

Have you guys never played any basic MMO? Cleric has never been and will never be a solo fight it's role is to support he or her party. This combat cleric suggestion is the stupidest thing I have seen on the forums in a while...

PS: @Darkwerty Approves this message.

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8
Have you guys never played any basic MMO? Cleric has never been and will never be a solo fight it's role is to support he or her party. This combat cleric suggestion is the stupidest thing I have seen on the forums in a while...

Approved... this is one of the most dumbest ideas ever....
The shit you guys are saying in the balance thread like adding pray adding warmup on sacred hymn is stupid aswell...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8

The problem is that cleric can literally do nothing on its own. This doesn't mean cleric will be solo viable, it just means a cleric isn't just sitting there and healing...and in the case of solo, sitting there and healing itself at 70% effectivity.

Not saying I like everything about the suggestion, but cleric should be more than just a heal bot.

Approved... this is one of the most dumbest ideas ever....
The shit you guys are saying in the balance thread like adding pray adding warmup on sacred hymn is stupid aswell...
"Most Dumbest" your credibility is SO high right now. If you are going to argue, actually have an argument. You'll make a better point if you explain why you dislike something instead of just insulting people.

Last edited:

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem is that cleric can literally do nothing on its own. This doesn't mean cleric will be solo viable, it just means a cleric isn't just sitting there and healing...and in the case of solo, sitting there and healing itself at 70% effectivity.

Not saying I like everything about the suggestion, but cleric should be more than just a heal bot.

"Most Dumbest" your credibility is SO high right now. If you are going to argue, actually have an argument. You'll make a better point if you explain why you dislike something instead of just insulting people.

Let me tell you what franky told you.

Wanna have healing and dmg? go disciple or BM.. no reason to have a *battle cleric*

*EDIT* only thing you should change with cleric right now is make fullheal cd 30/40 and increase cd of revive.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8

Wanna have healing and dmg? go disciple or BM.. no reason to have a *battle cleric*

*EDIT* only thing you should change with cleric right now is make fullheal cd 30/40 and increase cd of revive.
At least in MMOs the cleric can lvl...Besides that, there are some decent suggestions if you can read and get over "clerics should't deal damage" part. More skill shot heals, better lvling tools, tools to make heals useable besides personal binds. The trick is to stop freaking out over 1 thing and try to find what's useful. Also, WoWs Shadow Priest and DnDs Battle Cleric would like a word with you 2.

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8
At least in MMOs the cleric can lvl...Besides that, there are some decent suggestions if you can read and get over "clerics should't deal damage" part. More skill shot heals, better lvling tools, tools to make heals useable besides personal binds. The trick is to stop freaking out over 1 thing and try to find what's useful. Also, WoWs Shadow Priest and DnDs Battle Cleric would like a word with you 2.
This aint wow
This aint DnD
Deal with it

This is HC

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
This aint wow
This aint DnD

Deal with it
Your entire argument is "Look at other MMOs." You just made your entire argument fall apart. If you can only focus on one thing without realizing the positive things then there is no point in continuing this "discussion"

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
First of all I would like to say I am completely against a 'Battle Cleric' rework. If you want to do damage and still heal there are classes for that.
  • Disciple: Always up in your face doing damage while healing
  • Bloodmage: Large amounts of magic damage and decent healing
  • Druid: More healing and some damage
  • Cleric: Tanky with a shit ton of heals

What you've done to current Cleric skills:

Sacred Word
  • Cooldown: 7s -> 3s
  • Warmup: 1.5s - > 0.5s
Smite
  • Mana cost: 100 -> 120
  • Cooldown: 7s -> 12s
  • Damage: 40 -> 80, (UNDEAD) 100 -> 120
HolyAura
  • Scaling per point of wisdom: 0.3125 -> 0.6, (UNDEAD) 0.1562 -> 0.35
Dispel
  • Cooldown: 30s -> 5s
Sacred Touch
  • Cooldown: 16s -> 10s
Revive
  • Warmup: 10s -> 7.5s
  • Restores 500 mana to target
  • Range from the death point scales with wisdom (1 block per point of wisdom)
Divine Blessing
  • Warmup: 2.5s -> 1.5s (It says the warmup is 1.5s in the tool-tip but says 2.5s in the description. I am assuming you simply copy and pasted from the wiki)
Guardian Angel
  • Mana cost: 350 -> 250
Sacred Hymn
  • Cooldown: 3 min -> 1 min

What you've removed (or did not include):
  • Scan
  • Blessing
  • Invuln
  • Courage
What you've added:
  • Creature Lore
  • Divine Spirit
  • Guidance
  • Holy Light
  • Holy Inspiration

Ok. I'll be pretty blunt here but why have you buffed so damn much. The only skill you buffed but gave any compensation for was Smite (buffed the damage but increased the CD and mana cost). With all of the buffs Cleric is going to have even better healing power than it does at the moment and then you get to add on the new things! The things that were removed did not play a huge role for Cleric. Scan is well...scan. Invuln is not used that often and only really needs to be used when either A. You are being focused hard or B. You are fighting solo and need to get away. I don't know if you removed Blessing and Courage or if you just forgot them because I think this thread may have been made before the skills were even implemented.

Creature Lore-I am neutral. It is just allowing you to lvl a bit better

Divine Spirit-I am not a fan of this 'Battle Cleric' concept. If you use this skill and have 10 strength you increase your melee damage by 15. 10 strength on its own bumps up your melee damage to 40 (diamond hoe), then you add the 15: 55 damage. It is doing more melee damage than a disciple and paladin...
  • Dragoon 10 strength-58.2 diamond spade
  • Disciple 10 strength-40.8 stick, 50.95 fish, 52.6 blaze rod
  • Paladin 10 strength-51 diamond sword
Guidance-I think it would be a good addition to any healer class. If it is used properly you end up having to use a lot less binds

Holy Light-I like introducing more heals that are 'interactive' and require actual thinking to use. But it would have to replace something, or nerf something so it doesn't push the heals over the top

Holy Inspiration-You aren't suppose to be melee'ing as a Cleric anyways! You can pretty much always have someone doing all that extra melee damage because there is only a 5s interval between the person being buffed and when the CD is done (and 100 mana is fairly measly)

Overall, Cleric doesn't really need this. If you want to do damage and heal you have your options and if a rework were to be done I feel that Cleric is a lot less deserving than a class like Druid or Ninja.

EDIT: I may have missed a skill or change and if I did feel free to point it out.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

This suggestion was created because Kainzo stated that, "No class should require a group to play. All classes should have the ability to sustain themselves." - Paraphrased

I created this suggestion, based off that. My original work for Cleric was still pure support, but that was not desired by the players, or the boss.
As well, HC is similar in many ways to a standard MMO but it is it's own beast as well. Stack that with the fact that it's a fantasy game and you can pretty much break any rule of any genre.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

This was suggested when Kainzo said that Cleric needed to be able to fend for itself and the original POST is a necro from about a year ago. I did so to re-introduce the idea of fulfilling the old plans of Cleric being a class that could solo sustain, as well as trying to work in fixes such as skill shots and QOL.
The numbers you are seeing are what Cleric was(close to at least) before Delf changed it and then left. Those warmups and cooldowns were the original values, so that was the starting point of my suggestion, and should not be considered an attempt to buff it.

I would take the suggestion for it's design and ignore all numbers I wrote as they are just place holders for an idea. The idea was that Clerics(healers in general) need some QOL, Clerics need some skillshots and Clerics need to have some hope of actually fighting for themselves. The early conversation went something like this "Can you name any class that a Cleric could kill in open world, solo and if the person did not want to fight the Cleric? I can't, and this method would at least give the Cleric a chance to fight."
A lot of this came up original when it was realized that Cleric was one of the least played classes in HC and was targeted for a change to make it playable.

Last I checked, Cleric was still one of the least played classes, and as it was argued against me a year ago when I was fighting to keep it straight support, "No class should be playable only in a group, and every class should not only be solo viable in most situations, but should be fun to play. If not then the class should be removed." - once again paraphrased from about a year ago.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Overall, Cleric doesn't really need this. If you want to do damage and heal you have your options and if a rework were to be done I feel that Cleric is a lot less deserving than a class like Druid or Ninja.

I am not sure I understand why Cleric is less deserving of a complete rework then Ninja? Ninja is the 6th most played class in the game, barely behind Dragoon and Disciple. I don't really agree that a class that has almost 50% less use is less deserving, unless you are saying so because you think the more used classes need to be even better.

Druid on the other hand, as well as Shaman and BloodMage are also classes have has dismally low use and are not generally liked are I feel are just as deserving as Cleric.

Source
fancygraph-png.9673