• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
MattMellander said:
lava bucketing in pvp! if its not placed directly on you, is it legal?

If you're a SiC/Baron+, and inside of your Town+ you are allowed to Lava/Flint+Steel someone as a form of defense even if you have PvP off.

They, however, cannot.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Brutalacerate said:
MattMellander said:
lava bucketing in pvp! if its not placed directly on you, is it legal?

If you're a SiC/Baron+, and inside of your Town+ you are allowed to Lava/Flint+Steel someone as a form of defense even if you have PvP off.

They, however, cannot.

Correct.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
MattMellander said:
cool, thanks, also, is this allowed if I have a sword or other weapon on me?

The conditions that Brutal has outlined are the only conditions under which lava buckets and flint are permitted in PvP.

iFizzE

Legacy Supporter 5
I have heard people say that camping in a "man-made" mo spawner for the sole purpose of spamming attack for coin is illegal. Is this true?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
iFizzE said:
I have heard people say that camping in a "man-made" mo spawner for the sole purpose of spamming attack for coin is illegal. Is this true?

This is true.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
I have a question and stealing in the wilderness. I know that your allowed to steal from chests/furnaces... but..

Are you allowed to remove blocks of value? I know removing blocks you did not place is griefing, but are you allowed to removed valuable blocks like diamonds and gold?

If so, can you also list all the blocks that it is legal to remove. Thanks! :D

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
ForTehZZZ said:
I have a question and stealing in the wilderness. I know that your allowed to steal from chests/furnaces... but..

Are you allowed to remove blocks of value? I know removing blocks you did not place is griefing, but are you allowed to removed valuable blocks like diamonds and gold?

If so, can you also list all the blocks that it is legal to remove. Thanks! :D

See this:

DagothAgahnim said:
~WHAT YOU CAN LOOT FROM WILDERNESS HOMES~
-unprotected chests
-unprotected Iron Blocks
-unprotected Gold Blocks
-unprotected Diamond Blocks
-unprotected Lapis Blocks

These are all rare and valuable blocks that, if using your common sense, you wouldn't leave laying around unprotected in the wilds.

This was posted in a thread in the staff forum in a discussion about this very thing. Kain approved Dago's list, and I don't know why it was never released. Anyway, it's not unwritten anymore!

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Stay on the forums regularly, so you know if it ever changes! Rules are mercurial, at least until we make up a definitive rulebook. Which we may never do.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Now that Mob grinders are not letting mobs drop items, are we still allowed to use them to spawn mobs for our own killing? I am thinking of converting our mob grinder to an archery range for Fun or
Or are we limited to those that spawn naturally with limited lights since everywhere in town is consider artificial for spawning conditions. This question also can be elaborated to ask are we stilled allowed to use a mob grinder for mob grinding items since the archery range will still drop items when we do kill them (if i can aim that is), or i will just drop them in an arena for a Player Vs. Mob.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
xpeterc1 said:
Now that Mob grinders are not letting mobs drop items, are we still allowed to use them to spawn mobs for our own killing? I am thinking of converting our mob grinder to an archery range for Fun or
Or are we limited to those that spawn naturally with limited lights since everywhere in town is consider artificial for spawning conditions. This question also can be elaborated to ask are we stilled allowed to use a mob grinder for mob grinding items since the archery range will still drop items when we do kill them (if i can aim that is).

Kainzo said no we are not to use the mob spawners to farm mobs, read his "whats new" thread.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
DanVonTrap said:
xpeterc1 said:
Or are we limited to those that spawn naturally with limited lights since everywhere in town is consider artificial for spawning conditions. This question also can be elaborated to ask are we stilled allowed to use a mob grinder for mob grinding items since the archery range will still drop items when we do kill them (if i can aim that is).

Kainzo said no we are not to use the mob spawners to farm mobs, read his "whats new" thread.

K that's clear enough.
Ill just convert to a shooting range for just fun then.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Alright, so we have a HUGE slime problem down here in the Kumo mine. I've already made 250+ coins in not even 15 minutes. I just wanted to make sure that this is... okay. It seems almost criminal to make that much that fast.

2011-04-14_152422.png

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
DagothAgahnim said:
~WHAT YOU CAN LOOT FROM WILDERNESS HOMES~

Here is what I want clarified on this:

Is this list truly only for wilderness areas or does it include areas inside town that the mayor was too lazy to region properly?

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
wilderness, it's everything outside a town ring, it's as simple as that, so, what you can loot:

-from chests: everywhere, except Sanctum
-diamond/gold/iron/lapis placed blocks: everywhere, except inside a sky ring
-from someone you killed: everywhere, except sanctum
-from mother nature: where it don't belong to someone else

you can't take anything else, not even a fence, not even a sapling, if it belong to someone else (around someone house in the wild, in a town you aren't from, in sanctum...)

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
logging out to avoid pvp is illegal ... what about using donor bank warp or spells like recall and gate?

Are there any exceptions. e.g. an overwhelming number of enemies (>3 ambushing you as opposed to agreeing to a PvP fight then chickening out when you start to lose ?)

also: whats the stance on griefing in Hell. e.g. pouring lava all over my nice (well, ugly) cobble building at the road intersection.
Or - if I was to build an actual 'house' in hell are people fee to just tear it down?