• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

any unwritten rules you're not sure about? just ask!

I am also curious about breaking into a secure building just to kill someone. This was in the wilderness, I had holyrane break through two of my walls, bashing through like the koolaid man. I spotted them bashing in the 2nd wall, not being sneaky or anything just to kill me and take my stuff.

Not only did this person do that, one of the holes was replaced with only dirt, they stopped my water from following and flooded the floor below it some how.

If all of this is allowed, im going to take advantage of this in the wilderness now and definitly donate :p.

-edited for terrible spelling

Rane

Stone
Ok Frostygunna I didn't grief I took 2 cobble blocks.... THEN I PLACED THEM BACK not a whole wall???????? that was creepers if anything when me and impulse were running away we got blown up by like 5 creepers if there is any damage to your mob spawner i deeeeeeeeeply apologize, I put all of your items in the chest except for the diamond pick. I promise you all i took and replaced a total of 4 cobble blocks. Thanks for reading, Don't lie in your posts bro not cool.

EDIT: I apologize for the water i forgot about it ill send you 15c for damages next time i see you online i got stuck in your mobtrap which is fairly epic.

Hey, i appreciate the reply, i didnt lie though. I said you bashed through my walls, i didnt say you took down my whole walls. It didnt really bother me, i was just more so trying to get a clarification on the rules, which is why i made the joke about the koolaid man. Maybe it was bad wording by me.

Cheers though mate!

Still would love clarification though, thanks!

Encoded2

Stone
If you find a house in the wilderness and It has a sign that says adandon can you remove it or build onto it?

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
The basic idea is to only be/feel safe inside town rings. I don't think that punching a small opening in the wall so you can get to a player (and his or her loot) itself is griefing or that it should be punished. The wilderness is supposed to be harsh. We would end up with safe houses (tiny mud shacks) all over the map if this wasn't the case.

As for abandoned homes in the wilderness. We have an old policy stating that you must place a sign and ask for the owner to fill it in if he/she is still active. After 3 days have passed, you may claim that property as your own.
However, if there is already a name on the house but you think that the owner went inactive, I think it's fair to give that person 5 days to respond.

Again, this is my opinion which doesn't necessarily represent Kainzo's view on things.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Ilsyde said:
As for abandoned homes in the wilderness. We have an old policy stating that you must place a sign and ask for the owner to fill it in if he/she is still active. After 3 days have passed, you may claim that property as your own.

It should be noted, Encoded, that this rule is still valid even if the former owner has posted a sign that explicitly states that the building is abandoned. Take no chances with the rules!

I use a variety of mods in Single Player that add schematics for things such as grappling hooks, elemental arrows, diving helmets, and the like. They are impossible to activate within a Multiplayer server; I've tested this. Is it still legal for me to have them within my game files? They will not be functional and I have no intention of attempting to make them work, I just want to make sure I don't set off any alarms merely by logging in, and I'd rather not edit them out of my single player file, as it's a bit of a pain in the neck to constantly swap files between MP and SP.

Thanks.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Bookish_Ottsel said:
I use a variety of mods in Single Player that add schematics for things such as grappling hooks, elemental arrows, diving helmets, and the like. They are impossible to activate within a Multiplayer server; I've tested this. Is it still legal for me to have them within my game files? They will not be functional and I have no intention of attempting to make them work, I just want to make sure I don't set off any alarms merely by logging in, and I'd rather not edit them out of my single player file, as it's a bit of a pain in the neck to constantly swap files between MP and SP.

Thanks.

Without knowing how the hidden mechanisms of the server's anti-hax code works, I can say this much with certainty: we have never banned a player for having a hack that they didn't use.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bookish_Ottsel said:

Thanks.

Technically thats modding the single player game - the hook etc - are okay to have - they dont work on SMP (99% sure here)

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
Bookish_Ottsel said:

Thanks.

Technically thats modding the single player game - the hook etc - are okay to have - they dont work on SMP (99% sure here)

Would be damn cool though, :icon_mrgreen: oh well, we can dream can't we.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Are cities that are apart of a kingdom allowed to expand their rings further to Capital?
(I know it wouldn't change the size of the kingdom)

Edit: Another question.

Once your town advances to City/Capital level, do you need to continue to have the 20/30 active citizens, or can you just make sure you have more than 10 active citizens to keep your town ring's for that level?

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
-you can only lwc/region for yourself, or for your citizens if inside your town
-you should not region in the wild an area bigger than 25*25
-you can't lwc/region someone else stuff for your own usage

if i remember well, those are the three great rules of protecting commands

(btw, you can add players as users in your lwc/region if you stay the real owner of the protected stuff)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
AussieDingbat said:
Are cities that are apart of a kingdom allowed to expand their rings further to Capital?

Once your town advances to City/Capital level, do you need to continue to have the 20/30 active citizens, or can you just make sure you have more than 10 active citizens to keep your town ring's for that level?

at the moment - There can be one "capital" (150r) and two "mini capitals" If a kingdom gets a second town up to capital size - it can be 125r (not the true capital size)

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
AussieDingbat said:

at the moment - There can be one "capital" (150r) and two "mini capitals" If a kingdom gets a second town up to capital size - it can be 125r (not the true capital size)

Rightio, good to know.

What about the active citizen question?

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
since flint and steel are usable now, is it legal to hunt someone in a non-pvp area with flint and steel?

cause Mattrip chased me today and hurted me with his fire and i can't ripost in non-pvp area

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
i saw the other post about war. So this means we always have to formally declare war and can't raid recognized towns? So we have get the people out of their walls and rings to kill em and what not. I always thought that unannounced battle would give towns an incentive to post guards.
...Sorry, this was less of a question and more of me offering my opinion.

But will war policies be implemented eventually.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
War will be held on the FFA/War map when it is released.

War will never be mutually agreeable.

as a basic means of defense - townships may use lava and fire to negate thieves and invaders.