• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Aimedshot Has to Go.

macura

Diamond
One problem that i could see with this is that if u just stacked envenom on top of this, it would significantly increase the damage, i don't know and am too lazy/dont have enough time right now to go check to numbers. but ya...

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
One problem that i could see with this is that if u just stacked envenom on top of this, it would significantly increase the damage, i don't know and am too lazy/dont have enough time right now to go check to numbers. but ya...
Hmm, maybe when you begin to fire off the arrows, envenom gets removed? I know explosiveshot removes it, so I don't see why this couldn't.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
250 damage. That is a LOT of damage. And the fact that it goes through armour? Wow.

tumblr_msig1xqwb51szim6vo1_250.gif

0ysterb0y

Legacy Supporter 3
250 damage. That is a LOT of damage. And the fact that it goes through armour? Wow."

i agree thats a lot i mean look at the ninja skill eviscerate or blitz thats 160+ 210 in 1.5 seconds AND it goes through armor(did anyone else see his spelling error armour?) omg wow just wow we need to nerf ninja too omg these classes that arent meant to be hit are to fucking op like oh em gee have you guys seen a runeblade yet lol omg it does like 600 dmg in a second omg just oh wow and lets not talk about a wizard just wowwww like all their attacks go through the armors of peoples like nerf it just nerf itt like lol wut? why so op?

Vermatrax

Wood
Well - you mentioned that you don't care about AimedShot because you haven't really experienced lag that is too bad. I PvP'd with @madpear last map, and he can tell you - when (and it's when, not if) lag gets bad, Ranger is pretty useless in combat. AimedShot would at least give a Ranger a chance at doing some damage during lag. I think it's a pretty nifty skill even when there's no lag.

This is the most frustrating part about ranger. It doesn't matter how good you are at aiming or FPS games etc . In pvp with any lag at all hitting people that are moving is a crap shoot with the way minecraft bows work. My group has tested this for considerable amounts of time. We have found there is no consistency with how far you have to lead someone.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Edit: A non trolly suggestion. Make the cd longer might help and or make it use a reagent?

Last edited:

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
i agree thats a lot i mean look at the ninja skill eviscerate or blitz thats 160+ 210 in 1.5 seconds AND it goes through armor(did anyone else see his spelling error armour?) omg wow just wow we need to nerf ninja too omg these classes that arent meant to be hit are to fucking op like oh em gee have you guys seen a runeblade yet lol omg it does like 600 dmg in a second omg just oh wow and lets not talk about a wizard just wowwww like all their attacks go through the armors of peoples like nerf it just nerf itt like lol wut? why so op?
Didnt see a spelling error and still dont see it. Wanna point out what was spelled wrong in his post, and how would it be spelled right?

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Heh
I spell armour the Canadian way :p
Also, I don't understand that language you are speaking. English translation please.

Nayr1993

Glowing Redstone
For those who want a "volley" skill for ranger, they already have a skill called "Icevolley." But since some of you don't even play ranger and are wanting to edit it, I just thought i'd let you know.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
You have several valid contentions. The addition of AimedShot in my opinion dumbed down the ranger class. Truly, Ranger was a skill based (skill not as in Hero skills, but ability based) class prior to the majority of these changes. Tactics should be more important to a Ranger than a single skill is, and right now AimedShot consumes the niche that another skill could occupy. Although I LOVE that Rangers have active skills now, another replacement for AimedShot is needed.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
For those who want a "volley" skill for ranger, they already have a skill called "Icevolley." But since some of you don't even play ranger and are wanting to edit it, I just thought i'd let you know.

You have no idea what we're talking about

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I like AimedShot. I do not plan to replace or remove it. All this talk of skill / no skill is irrelevant, as the ranger revamp was designed to take away some skill requirement from the class, which was previously 100% skill dependent. (Up until you hit 1 ice arrow, anyways...) While having a class that is entirely skill dependent can be really fun for a lot of games, I find that having something be entirely skill dependent in an environment that carries a lot of lag, desync, and even hacker issues, is not something we need. This is why it has the skillset that it has.

With that said...I'd argue it still requires a good amount of skill to play a ranger, as most ranger skills have larger than average cooldowns. Most of their killing potential still comes from their arrows, which require skill to land.

I can agree that Ranger is probably dealing more damage than it should be, but I'd place that more on their vanilla arrows over aimedshot. I could agree to the notion of toning down aimedshot a bit, but I'm not going to remove it unless Kainzo tells me to. I played Ranger a lot near the end of Bastion, and I definitely found it to be a "fun" skill. A lot more so than bolt is, and it's essentially the same ability.

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Aimed shot may need to be adjusted to an extent, and yet although your point is valid that it can shoot anyone anywhere in the world that's sorta misleading ;)

First you have to be within 12 blocks of the target to start the warm up, which takes about 3 seconds. Then you have to fire the arrow off within the next 3(I believe) seconds or the skill will time out. So yes, technically you could charge the skill on an enemies in your face and them get GTP'ed out and then release to hit them, it's not going to happen often that you see that timing.

As far as armor piercing goes, it's one of only two Ranger skills that penetrates armor which does not seem excessive to me.

Now I do agree, that more player based skills are better, but with the removal of the old envenom only have exploding-arrow as a weapon against extreamly heavily armored players is you limiting.
My suggested is to make it a toggle-able skill that consumes mana/stamina and turns your fired arrows into armor piercing. This way you can still do some damage to those in heavy armor at a high mana/stamina cost and it keep it skill based as the arrows have to land.
Oh, and bring back the old Envenom for Rangers.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@PewPewPewLasers Seems like a really nice skill, I admit as a ranger last map aimedshot was really good, (I don't know about it this map) but I imagine that this map with attributes agility would make it easier to run away after u start using the ability, and it would scale damage so I believe it would be better, So overall I think aimedshot would be really good and possibly "OP" this map.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
My suggested is to make it a toggle-able skill that consumes mana/stamina and turns your fired arrows into armor piercing. This way you can still do some damage to those in heavy armor at a high mana/stamina cost and it keep it skill based as the arrows have to land.

Like Ice Arrow sorta?

@Eldrylars