• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Aimedshot Has to Go.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, don't want that.

I am not sure but I don't know that weapon damage directly(vanilla bow damage) can be made armor piercing.
My guess is not.
So it would have to be something like this Activate Armor Piercing -> Fire Arrow -> Arrow Hits Target -> Arrow damage is sent to Armor Piercing skill and vanilla arrow damage is zeroed out -> Armor Piercing skill applies the damage as a hero skill -> Eat chicken.

This way it would do no additional damage over vanilla bow, but would pass through armor.

Yeah, don't want that.

I am not sure but I don't know that weapon damage directly(vanilla bow damage) can be made armor piercing.
My guess is not.
So it would have to be something like this Activate Armor Piercing -> Fire Arrow -> Arrow Hits Target -> Arrow damage is sent to Armor Piercing skill and vanilla arrow damage is zeroed out -> Armor Piercing skill applies the damage as a hero skill -> Eat chicken.

This way it would do no additional damage over vanilla bow, but would pass through armor.
how bout just make a skill with no cd, that shoots arrows like magic, going through armor anyway, with a damage based on agil?

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
I think we're all missing the big picture, aimedshot needs a new sound, I'm not a goddamned werewolf.

Anyway, I'd be happy with either arrowstorm or aimedshot, as long as it's armor piercing and does a relatively high amount of damage.

If aimedshot damage was nerfed too hard, there would be no reason aside from lag (which should never be the reason to have a skill) for skilled players to use it over regular arrows. A skilled player could shoot someone 3 times over the course of the warmup.

0ysterb0y

Legacy Supporter 3
Heh

I spell armour the Canadian way :p
Also, I don't understand that language you are speaking. English translation please.
i was being a derp and "raging" about the way the class is meant to be, honestly if anything needs to be changed

if you attack while its warming up it cancels and ive only fought one ranger who attacked while it was warming up

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
I've been a Ranger since they were the worst and least played class in the game. AimedShot simply provides a mechanism to land maybe the equivalent of two vanilla arrows lag-free. It's no more overpowered than anybody else's nukes, and in fact it is less powerful than many of them (see @Jack_Reacher posts above). Haven is the first time the Ranger has been reasonably equipped to do PvP.

That said, I believe the reason people are so upset about Ranger is that they have a higher rate of being involved in ganks due to them being involved in any Tracking operation. Got tracked? A Ranger is going to be there, shooting you with his arrows. I speak from the pleasurable experience I've had owning each of you over the last year when you are least expecting it. Expect more of the same over the coming year.

teddytazer

Soulsand
As lvl 60 druid, Being able to heal for about 200 hp over a time period of bout 3-5 secs hardly compensates against rangers 150 damage shots and the cool 1/2 my hitpoints from explosive shot. Wait i forgot aimshot as well.. :cool:

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
As lvl 60 druid, Being able to heal for about 200 hp over a time period of bout 3-5 secs hardly compensates against rangers 150 damage shots and the cool 1/2 my hitpoints from explosive shot. Wait i forgot aimshot as well.. :cool:

Though there is something to be said about being able to be healed periodically while running.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
hots have long warm ups now too, and heal less over time than a comparable cleric direct heal in almost every case. They are basically inferior in every way to a cleric heal (not that thats necessarily wrong, but clerics arent so great either atm).

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
If you're a Druid, recognize your class is not advantageous 1v1 vs a Ranger. Rangers eat squishees like you for breakfast, second breakfast, and elevensies.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
everything eats cleric / druid for breakfast atm, unless you pour lava on them lol.

I honestly dunno where some people get the idea of balance from sometimes. Half of the classes have some form of get out of jail free movement ability (jump, backflip, enderpearl, blink, grapplinghook, accelerando . . . you get the idea) and apparently that is totally kosher, but if a cleric / druid can outheal the damage of one attacker it is "broken".

Cleric and druid both had single target healing output cut in half basically from last map, so please dont make arguments based on past map experience. And no one has any experience against cleric / druid on this map because there arent any lol.

Last edited: