• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

War Z -Better Day Z-

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Still debating on buying this, I may end up being the only one of my friends IRL to buy id D: which means I basically will just end up quitting it after a month :/

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Hammerpoint is a subsidiary of the people that made War Inc.
Which is what WarZ is built from. The devs of WarZ are the same as War Inc

This is correct. They created a subsidiary company purely for WarZ.

PanFlake

Legacy Supporter 3
IMO, this game is a whole scam. You know why? It's too good to be true. WarZ started development after DayZ came out. DayZ still has many bugs and features needed to be added. But WarZ it has everything, it's too good to be true. I will not even think about getting that game until it releases(if it ever does) and no I'm not a DayZ fanboy :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I don't think it's a scam per say but I personally wouldn't touch this game with a barge pole. There are too many conflicting stories coming from the Devs and they seem to be doing some shady things atm. Not to mention I don't really like some of the design choices they're making with their store's model.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
IMO, this game is a whole scam. You know why? It's too good to be true. WarZ started development after DayZ came out. DayZ still has many bugs and features needed to be added. But WarZ it has everything, it's too good to be true. I will not even think about getting that game until it releases(if it ever does) and no I'm not a DayZ fanboy :p
Yeah, but DayZ has VERY little room to create, WarZ (If not a scam) has its own engine to toy with, plus that speeds things up too. Also I'm pretty sure WarZ was in production before DayZ, but I'm not sure.
I don't think it's a scam per say but I personally wouldn't touch this game with a barge pole. There are too many conflicting stories coming from the Devs and they seem to be doing some shady things atm. Not to mention I don't really like some of the design choices they're making with their store's model.
Personally, I agree to you somewhat. I don't think its much of a scam, but I can wait to get it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah, but DayZ has VERY little room to create, WarZ (If not a scam) has its own engine to toy with, plus that speeds things up too. Also I'm pretty sure WarZ was in production before DayZ, but I'm not sure.
For starters there is absolutly no way in hell it's taken them 5 years to build what they've got now. They're skewing their numbers by including the development time for the engine they're using which was developed for WarInc.

DayZ is not limited by any stretch of the imagination. With Stand alone planned to come out next month and them being backed by some VERY big names in the gaming industry currently I would imagine it will turn out to be a substantially better product than WarInc(But this is just my opinion). DayZ currently has backing from Valve, Notch and CCP(Creators of EVE Online) CCP is assisting with the net code for the game so connection stability and lag problems should be greatly reduced from what it is currently as a Mod for a game that really hasn't been built well.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
For starters there is absolutly no way in hell it's taken them 5 years to build what they've got now. They're skewing their numbers by including the development time for the engine they're using which was developed for WarInc.

DayZ is not limited by any stretch of the imagination. With Stand alone planned to come out next month and them being backed by some VERY big names in the gaming industry currently I would imagine it will turn out to be a substantially better product than WarInc(But this is just my opinion). DayZ currently has backing from Valve, Notch and CCP(Creators of EVE Online) CCP is assisting with the net code for the game so connection stability and lag problems should be greatly reduced from what it is currently as a Mod for a game that really hasn't been built well.
Ah, I forgot about DayZ going Stand alone to be honest. And I had no clue they had so much backing :confused:, but in that case they have a much wider team to work with now than I thought and could probably beat out WarZ.

Bah, but honestly, (I say honestly and personally A LOT) Zombies in general are just lacking for me now :(

PanFlake

Legacy Supporter 3
DayZ standalone, will be aiming to create DayZ mod again, but 5 years after. So all the military supplies, weapons, food, etc. Will be depleted. It will make the game more of a survival factor. I personally would get this game right away. I am fan of DayZ and DayZ standalone will be even better. I am a big fan of having games with a big survival factor. So instead of worrying about zombies, you would be more worried about food,water, shelter.