• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

War Z -Better Day Z-

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
actualy victim the models are mostly the same from war inc. There has only been some slight texture re-work and what they have there wouldn't take long to build if they've taken all their devs off war inc like rhino's video states. That 4 minute video shows next to nothing and it horribly scripted.

I'm still extremely skeptical

Though I will throw this out there. While Rhino may (or may not) be speaking the truth he's still an ass.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
actualy victim the models are mostly the same from war inc. There has only been some slight texture re-work and what they have there wouldn't take long to build if they've taken all their devs off war inc like rhino's video states. That 4 minute video shows next to nothing and it horribly scripted.

I'm still extremely skeptical

Though I will throw this out there. While Rhino may (or may not) be speaking the truth he's still an ass.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending either sides, but I just think Rhino's evidence is kinda lacking. Not to mention even if its a rip off, as long as I keep my money's worth, I'm really not going to be mad.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending either sides, but I just think Rhino's evidence is kinda lacking. Not to mention even if its a rip off, as long as I keep my money's worth, I'm really not going to be mad.
Oh I completely agree there isn't really a lot of hard evidence. It's mostly circumstantial but it's enough to make me skeptical.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Oh I completely agree there isn't really a lot of hard evidence. It's mostly circumstantial but it's enough to make me skeptical.
Which is why I'm probably going to be the test boy and check it out for all my friends and anyone else that feels its unsafe.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Tbh it looks like Dayz but a Cod zombies style to it, which is why I think people like Dayz, it doesnt look like cod.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Tbh it looks like Dayz but a Cod zombies style to it, which is why I think people like Dayz, it doesnt look like cod.
Nah, see DayZ is liked for its realistic feel, but that quickly becomes annoying. WarZ seems to be more of a MMO with realistic feels. I think this one will go better with the realistic zombie movement and hitboxes. I don't think DayZ even intends to fix that.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
I would have liked dayz a little better if there was not hackers and 10 year olds every where.

cgodmer

Glowstone
Nah, see DayZ is liked for its realistic feel, but that quickly becomes annoying. WarZ seems to be more of a MMO with realistic feels. I think this one will go better with the realistic zombie movement and hitboxes. I don't think DayZ even intends to fix that.
I think the realistic feel is great thats how I never get bored of it I can explore for hours, see the trees, the grass, And now and again the blood on my feet. :Brutal:

Bogrin

Legacy Supporter 5
I just want to say, after looking at Rhino's evidence, and the gameplay video they have, yes it is on War Inc's engine. Yes, it is riding off the hype of Day Z. Yes, it is may not have been in dev for years. What I do not agree with is the fact that it is "Vapor Ware". The Devs of War Inc made a huge leap of faith in attempting to drum up support of their company, and games, it bringing out Youtubers for some airsoft, so I do not think they are stupid enough to pull a stunt like this. War Z is too well spread by now to just disappear, and this "Rhino" guy just seems to be unusually upset by the game, maybe he was offended on their forums.

Ediblez

Wood
I wonder how many people payed for arma2 just to play dayz? I find it stupid for a game company to post there game website before they have anything to show.

Me!! and I could hardly run it, i'll probably never be able to play this, with my current specs.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
WarZ is going to be extremely watered down and cater to the masses.

DayZ will not.

I think I know what I'll be playing.