• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

War Z -Better Day Z-

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
This looks amazing god first that horrible combat arms i used to play *shudders* then runescape*shudders* Minecraft!!!!! Yes! WarZ.........*faints*

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
I want to play this.

It won't be good. Just look at past games made by that company.

The difference between DayZ and WarZ is that one is a game, while the other is a simulator. I'll let you figure out which one is which.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Your right on the first part one is a game and the other is a mod.

Except DayZ is going to be released as a standalone game due to the massive surge in popularity.

So, actually, one will be a game, and the other will be a simulator.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Like I said one is a game and the other is a simulator mod.

Except that one is going to be released as a standalone game within a few months, while the other is being made by a company that is notorious for creating terrible pay-to-win games. I can guarantee that not only will there be a cash shop in WarZ that clearly allows a paying customer to win every fight, but that it will also be watered down with safe zones and the like.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
AND YES IT IS ALSO IN ALPHA!
This is the site: http://www.thewarz.com/index.html
And here is some gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/pax/videos/ud86tw/exclusive--pax-prime-12--alpha-co-op-gameplay

I'm not 100% on this, but me and my friends assume it is also free, but even if it is Retail, this seems to top other zombie survivals and I would more than likely buy a copy :D Check it out and tell me what you think!

EDIT: With the preorder (Which doesn't make you buy anything (Reason we think it is free)) you get an invite when it goes into Beta testing!
yea cuz if you read this quote on warz "The War Z is as simple as this - once you install the game to your computer, you will be able to get into the game quickly and play without worrying about subscription fees, no hidden fees, and no paid updates. All updates will be seamlessly delivered to you free of charge when they're released." It is free

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
How about we stop bashing the game? Its alpha looks ten times better than the alpha DayZ has :/

SkyMason

Legacy Supporter 9
ReedMe, does not like new games :(, I think War Z has a possibility for the future, it should shine at least for awhile.

malmenca

Diamond
Except that one is going to be released as a standalone game within a few months, while the other is being made by a company that is notorious for creating terrible pay-to-win games. I can guarantee that not only will there be a cash shop in WarZ that clearly allows a paying customer to win every fight, but that it will also be watered down with safe zones and the like.

I just google'd it, hammerpoint interactive hasn't made any other games. You need to calm your nipples.[DOUBLEPOST=1349573232,1349572594][/DOUBLEPOST]A few members of hammerpoint interactive worked on Black ops 1 + 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1349806520][/DOUBLEPOST]@Nalestom any comment? Feel free to rebut my argument.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Hammerpoint is a subsidiary of the people that made War Inc.
Which is what WarZ is built from. The devs of WarZ are the same as War Inc

malmenca

Diamond
Are you sure of that? I actually looked around, and as I said I found a few of them came from Black ops 1 + 2.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well not all of them come from there but the majority do.