• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want Skills? Suggest them!

R3xz

Glowstone
Now that ranger's track is nerfed and their melee vulnerability has gone up due to taking away their iron sword, i really think they should strengthen the ranger's range abilities and aoe attack and possibly their maneuverability as well.

The skill that donny posted look good although it could be OP if ranger can spam arrow really quickly. I believe ranger need a range attack that have more chance to land on on their enemy, possibly remove or modify the fire arrow ability and add in a triple arrow shot ability that shoot 3 arrow in a medium spread, giving the ranger a better chance to land his shot. Right now it's hard to land range attack on people because of lag so this could really compensate for that.

Also, a snipe ability would be awesome for ranger, reducing the arc on the arrow and making it fly farther or maybe even straight on for a certain distance.

Don't know if all of these are possible, but really, ranger could use some lovin after the nerf. And i'm quite excited to see how the beastmaster/thief/ninja changes go, I believe in you coders!! ;)

donnymeyer

Obsidian
wow. these are my thoughts exactly. i wrote of a similar sniper idea too! btw how is the track nerfed? does the compass no longer point to the target? also, the iron sword was taken away because this is the sniper class. thanks for the change & complment about my autoarrow idea!

donnymeyer

Obsidian
actually, it will only spam for 5 seconds, and recharges every 5 minunites (changing recharge to 2 mins)

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
@donnymeyet
Try editing your posts instead of triple-posting. I subscribed to this thread, so redundant post notifications are annoying. Thanks. :)

R3xz

Glowstone
Track was nerfed so that it could only track people in a 1000 block radius and not the whole map, so you pretty much cant track somebody that was across the whole map from you. It's not that huge of a nerf but still pretty significant.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
alright. so the track still works. btw i will edit/look orer each post. no more useless notifications!

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
ok. so, it still works in the same way. thanks. btw ill look at each post befroe posting!
No. Wrong. If you have the most recent post, EDIT IT. Basically, don't make two or more posts in a row. It is bad forum etiquette. Otherwise, I will add you to my KOS list. >:3

donnymeyer

Obsidian
ok. i shouldnt talk about two topics in one post. when i said ''works in the same way'' i was talking about track. ill edit each post, and not post three. anyways, do you like the autoarrow idea?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Escape - Thief
A 1 wide 2 high wall of glass appears behind the thief, disappears after a short amount of time

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
I got some Geomancer Skills I've been thinking of

Imprison -Covers the target in a block prison(like dirt)
Summon lava/water -Converts a bucket into a lava bucket or a water bucket.
Rust -Damages armor that the target is wearing
Fire Walk -Leave a trail of fire where you walk
Freeze -Freeze water around you in a set radius
Bubble -Breathe underwater for set period of time
Gust -Shoots a target into the air
Lungs of steel(passive) -Don't take damage from suffocation when surrounded by blocks(ex. Gravel)
Rush -With the wind at your back your walking speed is increased
(a cool name) -The ability to teleport to one of the mage towers across the map.

I'll update this later with more ideas that crop up!

Me and some friends were thinking about how to get the enchanter more unique skills, and we thought a levitating ability would be cool.

Levitate- Allows enchanters to throw targets in the air, and hold them in place for a couple seconds.
It could cost 100 mana so as to prevent abuse.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Banishment: The target is banished to the nether (hell) for X seconds (and either they can't mine blocks while banished or when returning all nether blocks are removed from inv)

Would be a good CC spell, temporarily removing an enemy for the fight, but you can't hurt them while banished unlike stuns.

This would probably go to wizard or necromancer.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Lights out - Puts all light out within 25 blocks.
This would be good for rogues or specifically ninjas.

Wall climb - Self explanatory
This would be a good addition to the rogue class as well

R3xz

Glowstone
I know i suggested wall climb for ninja/thief a long time ago. Making it so they can climb wall like a ladder for x amount of time, distance or make it so that it uses mana over a period of activation or per block climbed.

Another good one for thief might be an ability that let them disguise as a zombie, creeper or skeleton lol. I think that would be freakin awesome if we end up not doing the ID theft ability. It would break on walking movement, jump or if you attack.

Also, is it possible to give an ability that increase speed movement in water? I think this could apply well to some classes.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
I do like the idea of more passive abilities, but we have to think of more functional ways of implementing them.

With the increased speed Sprinting is coming into vanilla minecraft in a couple updates so rogues could sprint for longer then the normal amount of time. Still allowing sprint for all players though, I remember Kain talking about how he doesn't want to put limitations on everything.

For warriors they already have better armor and swords then other classes matching the rogue for weapons so that isn't a huge deal. Also Critical Hits are being added into the game, so if they work as plannd you could make diamond swords exclusive to Warriors and up the critical hits that Rogues do.

For casters the cooldown on replenish could be shortened with scaling if that is possible. Like, level 10 be 30 seconds and level 50 be around 10-15 seconds. Or another way would be stages of replenishes, such as Weak replenish with 40 mana, Replenish with 80 mana, and Strong replenish at 100 mana. All with 30 second cooldowns but the caster can use all of them at his leisure like small mana potions. The cooldown on all the powerful spells is already long enough that mana isn't an issue with them so this helps the bread and butter spells such as Mana Shield and Fireball.

I have no clue about healers as I never played as one or know their play style, and Crafters should just need more skills in general so they are more "Hero" like.

Just my two cents. :]