• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want Skills? Suggest them!

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
VIP or Hero- when the caster is surrounded by 2 or 3 party members, the party members are made stronger for a period of time.

would be a good healer ability but super useful for warriors

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
With the max donor lwc of 4 chests there will be a LOT of chests to loot Jorict. Thieves are going to be living the life in this map :p It seems a Thief hunting guild of sorts need to be put together to help out. That booby trap thing would be really cool though :eek:

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Hmm... I have to say I like the idea of an LWC break-in skill, but I'd try to limit it some more than that. Again, don't know if this would be practical, but instead of outright unlocking the chest maybe it could allow you to pick 1-3ish things out and remove them from the chest within so much time, say 30 seconds, and the window closes and you have to succeed with lockpick again to get more. Perhaps also give a subtle little message in chat, simply a "click!" will do.

A pickpocket ability with many of the same sort of restrictions would be good as well, you rightclick the person, and after your thievery time limit is up it gives a little message. "Is it just me, or are your pockets...lighter?"For people there wouldn't need to be a hard limit for items, because they can respond to the situation in a timely manner, namely by attacking or by Ging the F O.

Also, giving thieves the ability to check the chest for traps before opening it. Rightclick with a bound item, and it gives a message denoting whether or not it'll be safe to open.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Doppleganger:

You create 2-3 npc's of you around yourself (they have the same skin as you). They do not attack, but just stand there and receive damage until they die. For an advanced version, you could have it where you are able to create 1 npc and have it be aggressive and attack your attacker.

I like this one!!
Would be cool to do a similar thing with the Summon spell.

Other spell/skills:
Water to Wine
Spin Yarn into Gold
Walk on Water
Resurrection
:)

Twiser

Iron
I have one idea for crafters

*Your own name of the skill* - When used shows coordinates of nearest coal/iron vein in 50/100 range from the player [Cooldown 60-120 seconds]

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
I can see how LWC chest robbing sounds appealing.
Who doesnt want to get stuff for free?
Who doesnt want to hear the disappointment and/or anger in someones message when they find the result?
But I feel that this favors one class way too much as well as will endorse a generaly frowned upon game play style.

I understand this is often refered to as a "Hardcore" server.
As loosely defined as that word is, I think I understand the general feel that server is going for.
Hardcore is saying that this is not an easy server.
You will not get help from mods, you will be vulnerable to attack, you will not max level in a day, you will not have the resources to make a town in a short amount of time.
Players that put in the time and effort will float to the top and generaly be the ones who get the advantages on the server.

The term "Hardcore" can go both ways though.
It is not always in reference to pvp and wilderness.
If a person takes the time to mine all of the gold/iron 556 iron/ 576 iron plus the gold to buy a LWC 56 gold.
Is it "Hardcore" to let a player who didnt put in much more then the 15 minutes to find the chest, all the resources to start a town?
In my opinion thats basicly saying "If you dont like to work hard. Go rogue and have what you need with no effort"

If this skill actualy goes through you should consider eliminating LWC all together so everyone can rob every chest.
At least if you do that I will prevent the server from becoming majority rogue based and will keep some level of class diversity.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
LWC is limited enough as it is, breaking into LWC is outright insanity. I think a skill that allows the construction of a small cobble wall [4x4] or something more physical could add an interesting aspect to PvP as people create new landscapes and form war ravaged battlefields.

Wall - Cobble 4x4
Pit of Death - 2x2 Lava Pit
Etc. Etc.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
LWC is limited enough as it is, breaking into LWC is outright insanity. I think a skill that allows the construction of a small cobble wall [4x4] or something more physical could add an interesting aspect to PvP as people create new landscapes and form war ravaged battlefields.

Wall - Cobble 4x4
Pit of Death - 2x2 Lava Pit
Etc. Etc.

Possibly, but only if they are on a timer. Else you will have lava pits being spammed all over the wilderness. And it would allow that class unlimited lava for personal use.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
I still think a cobble wall would be awesome, even if it isn't on a timer. Lava should be, however, and if there is a way to create a temp region that can't be bucketed of something out of it.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
@Recknod +1

on the topic of block creating skills, i think a projectile skill that creates a sphere (maybe just glass or something) around the player or mob it impacts on would be good. It's essentially a snare but rather than the enemy being stuck for X amount of seconds, they're stuck until they get themselves out of the blocks. It'd also make it so that the caster can't attack the opponent while they're snared (as the blocks would be in the way).

Any sort of crowd control would be useful for casters (or necromancers) as right now they're real squishy, all a warrior or rogue has to do is get within melee range then the caster is dead.

Maybe an ability for necromancers to temporarily surround an enemy in soul sand?

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
@Recknod +1

on the topic of block creating skills, i think a projectile skill that creates a sphere (maybe just glass or something) around the player or mob it impacts on would be good. It's essentially a snare but rather than the enemy being stuck for X amount of seconds, they're stuck until they get themselves out of the blocks. It'd also make it so that the caster can't attack the opponent while they're snared (as the blocks would be in the way).

Any sort of crowd control would be useful for casters (or their specs) as right now they're real squishy, all a warrior or rogue has to do is get within melee range then the caster is dead.
I like that idea, although I'm no mage.

Anyway, I believe alchemists should be able to make mana and health potions. I don't know how you'd make them look, I'd think the bucket of lava icon could be health and water could be mana, but that might be confusing (and a bit dangerous with health pots)

I didn't see if anyone else suggested that, however when I think alchemy I either think of transmuting (like there already is in the game) or potion brewing.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I don't think you can make new items without client-side mods.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Smite - Columns of Cobble appear out of the ground (or fall from sky) at target area. AoE spell.

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
How about a skill that encases someone in glass with gravel/sand in the middle. All depends on how fast they dig too get out.

Drev

Wood
Necromancer Skills:

Ally of the Dead: Wild zombies and skeletons are neutral to the necromancer for the duration of the spell (5 minutes like sneak?)

Legion: Summon a wild zombie or skeleton (not friendly) at a random location within a max radius of the necromancer, low cooldown and mana cost

One with Death: Necromancer becomes a skeleton for the duration of the spell, loses ability to cast spells but can shoot a bow, floating nametag also disappears so they seem to be a mob (burning in sunlight would also be appropriate)

Unholy Ritual: Target Zombie or Skeleton is sacrificed, necromancer receives health/mana (long cooldown)

Desecration: A 25x25 plane of solid material (mossy cobblestone, netherrack, whatever) is temporarily spawned high in the sky centered above the necromancer, causing that area to become darkened for a period of time

Hellgate: Teleports the necromancer and his nearby party to or from the nether, costs 5 bone

Undeath: If cast within 5 seconds before dying, the necromancer instead becomes a zombie upon death with 3 hearts (no magic spells). The necromancer regenerates one heart of health every 10 seconds. If his health reaches the full 10 hearts, he is restored to human form. (Long cooldown)

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
A certain Coder and I were discussing the possibility of have a "slap Kainzo" ability. An odd coincidence.

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
Necromancer Skills:

Ally of the Dead: Wild zombies and skeletons are neutral to the necromancer for the duration of the spell (5 minutes like sneak?)

Legion: Summon a wild zombie or skeleton (not friendly) at a random location within a max radius of the necromancer, low cooldown and mana cost

One with Death: Necromancer becomes a skeleton for the duration of the spell, loses ability to cast spells but can shoot a bow, floating nametag also disappears so they seem to be a mob (burning in sunlight would also be appropriate)

Unholy Ritual: Target Zombie or Skeleton is sacrificed, necromancer receives health/mana (long cooldown)

Desecration: A 25x25 plane of solid material (mossy cobblestone, netherrack, whatever) is temporarily spawned high in the sky centered above the necromancer, causing that area to become darkened for a period of time

Hellgate: Teleports the necromancer and his nearby party to or from the nether, costs 5 bone

Undeath: If cast within 5 seconds before dying, the necromancer instead becomes a zombie upon death with 3 hearts (no magic spells). The necromancer regenerates one heart of health every 10 seconds. If his health reaches the full 10 hearts, he is restored to human form. (Long cooldown)

THIS IS EPIC!! desecration would be such a badass skill. Using bones and slime would be interesting reagents too.