• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want Skills? Suggest them!

RightLegRed

Stone
I was thinking of coding a skill which allowed beast masters to use wolves as inventories. Right clicking them would open a second inventory. (All wolves would share the same inventory).

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Beastmasters have a slew of skills not on the wiki, probably because they will be changed. One of them is called "wolf - chest" I believe. Not sure what it does though; there is no description for it.

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
A few ideas for Enchanter (seeing as they don't have a lot of spells)...

Mirage - The caster is turned invisible for 3-5 seconds, leaving behind a duplicate. This duplicate cannot be attacked and is merely a mirage, used as a decoy to avoid would-be pursuers. When the caster becomes visible, the duplicate disappears.

GhostWolf - A wolf spawns and protects the caster until it is killed. This wolf has less stamina than normal wolves, yet retains the same attack damage. It cannot be fed, and only one ghost wolf may be spawned at a time.

PigIllusion - The caster is temporarily assigned the illusion of the Pig Zombie, granting double attack power for 10 seconds. After the time runs out, the caster is reverted to their original form.

These are just some ideas I am throwing out there. I think PigIllusion is a little over the top, but seeing as Enchanters are masters of illusion, I thought that the Enchanter should be able to assume at least one form with some kind of buff.

RightLegRed

Stone
Beastmasters have a slew of skills not on the wiki, probably because they will be changed. One of them is called "wolf - chest" I believe. Not sure what it does though; there is no description for it.

They do not.

A few ideas for Enchanter (seeing as they don't have a lot of spells)...

Mirage - The caster is turned invisible for 3-5 seconds, leaving behind a duplicate. This duplicate cannot be attacked and is merely a mirage, used as a decoy to avoid would-be pursuers. When the caster becomes visible, the duplicate disappears.

GhostWolf - A wolf spawns and protects the caster until it is killed. This wolf has less stamina than normal wolves, yet retains the same attack damage. It cannot be fed, and only one ghost wolf may be spawned at a time.

PigIllusion - The caster is temporarily assigned the illusion of the Pig Zombie, granting double attack power for 10 seconds. After the time runs out, the caster is reverted to their original form.

These are just some ideas I am throwing out there. I think PigIllusion is a little over the top, but seeing as Enchanters are masters of illusion, I thought that the Enchanter should be able to assume at least one form with some kind of buff.

The first is more of a rogue thing, the second isn't doable and the third is somewhat doable.

RightLegRed

Stone
I'm going to be coding -

Mana Shield - Done
Lick Wounds - Done
Hellgate - Done
Unholy Ritual - Done

Please keep suggestions coming.

Edit - All skills done, will consult Kainzo about implementing them later ;)

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Wind - If you've ever played Magicka, it's similar to the wind spell in that. An aoe spell that pushes enemies away

Matter Vacuum - a projectile (egg?) that when landing, sucks all nearby players into the center of it. effect lasts X seconds and has an X block radius

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
for necros:
Corpse wall - summons a wall (that doesn't replace existing blocks) of soulsand for X seconds (the soulsand shouldn't drop blocks when mined if that's possible)

Drev

Wood
I'm going to be coding -

Mana Shield - Done
Lick Wounds - Done
Hellgate - Done
Unholy Ritual - Done

Please keep suggestions coming.

Edit - All skills done, will consult Kainzo about implementing them later ;)

Great job! I'll have more ideas shortly.

Bl00dmaster

Legacy Supporter 3
Improve Pickaxe: Permanently increases the mine speed with the pickaxe of choice.
Improve Axe: Permanently increases the speed you chop trees a when put on an axe of choice.

Could do a spell for every tool or maybe only a few. I think these spells would be best suited for an enchanter since it should enchant tools? Well that's how I thought about it.

I also think this will make smiths more useful as they could then lead onto repairing the enchanted pickaxes to make sure the enchanted pickaxes last longer.

R3xz

Glowstone
I think the rogue class should have some more maneuverability abilities. Right now classes like wizard with their teleporting ability (believe it is unstable right now) and the dragoon's charge and jump ability allow these classes to have some of the best maneuver and escape tactic in this game.

Shouldn't that be reserved somewhat exclusively for the rogue classes? Or at least include those ability for rogues?

Also you stated that speed boost abilities are kind of glitchy right now? Is it possible to include an ability that grant temporary minor jump boost? (the ability to jump 1.5 or 2 block high) or is that too close to the current jump ability that the dragoon have?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Dragoon Jumps have to be activated individually- basically, it's not a buff but a skill. They're roughly 4-block-high bounds and each one consumes mana.

I'd argue that in most circumstances Rogues are not necessarily extra-maneuverable. Ninjas certainly (they're ninjas, after all), but Thieves are merely sneaky, not superhumanly quick or powerful. Beastmasters seem more of a brutish group to me, and a horde of wolves, like a group of people, would move more easily on clear paths or level fields than they would in rough terrain. Rangers are more acceptable for this sort of thing, I think. But jumping boosts wouldn't really make too much sense. Perhaps a couple minor boosts through the base Rogue path, but anything major like teleportation or Charge would be sorta out-of-character. In my opinion. As it stands, Rogues in general seem to be fairly well-off at the moment.

R3xz

Glowstone
Well, i've always thought of rogues as fast and quick light weight class that's all about moving fast, attacking fast and being able to escape fast. It's all speed for them, so i didn't really understand when a warrior class have more speed abilities like jump boost and charge ability and rogues don't have a single ability that's similar to that. There should be more abilities that allow rogues to have more maneuvers in the game, so they can infiltrate more easily and be able to be much more trickier so that skilled players can learn how to use them well.

I would say add more of those speed boosting type abilities so that they can move around a bit faster than other classes and give them some ability that allow them to climb wall (kind of like a skill that give them temporary ability, like 5-7 seconds, of being able to climb wall as if there's ladders there) or something like that. Or grant them an ability similar to the monk's reduced fall damage so they can make tricky escapes and be able to move around much more effectively.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hmm, interesting. For 2 or 3 seconds, be able to climb walls. Spiders already have the ability, so the coding is there, at least as a start.

Twiser

Iron
I got an idea for another skill for crafters

*NAME* [Passive] - *% Chance that you will get additional source from recently destroyed block

What did I mean ? =\

The idea is when for example you destroy a golden ore you have chance that it will drop 2 gold ores instead of 1 gold ore

It might be unbalanced because if you place gold ore somewhere and then after time you destroy them again you might get more and that's how you can farm gold or any valuable resource

This skill might should work ONLY on Coal Ore, Cobblestone Ore, Dirt, Redstone Ore, Wooden Chunk ....

Twiser

Iron
Improve Pickaxe: Permanently increases the mine speed with the pickaxe of choice.
Improve Axe: Permanently increases the speed you chop trees a when put on an axe of choice.

Could do a spell for every tool or maybe only a few. I think these spells would be best suited for an enchanter since it should enchant tools? Well that's how I thought about it.

I also think this will make smiths more useful as they could then lead onto repairing the enchanted pickaxes to make sure the enchanted pickaxes last longer.

This sounds perfect ! 100% Should be added

Wind - If you've ever played Magicka, it's similar to the wind spell in that. An aoe spell that pushes enemies away

Matter Vacuum - a projectile (egg?) that when landing, sucks all nearby players into the center of it. effect lasts X seconds and has an X block radius
Good Idea but probably won't be possible to add it to Minecraft, because of coding limits ? =\

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
tl;dr Sorry if the suggestions for the Alchemist has already been put through, I reckon since they make concoctions and all, they could possibly have like a lava bomb, a grenade (using TNT's feature) etc. Will explain more in detail later and add more suggestions if I have any, watching American Gangster atm!

Drev

Wood
Necromancer:

Bone Armor - Puts iron-grade armor in all armor slots for 10 seconds, and then reverts . Costs 20% mana and 1 bone, 2 minute cooldown.

Caster:

Light - Creates a torch-level intensity light source centered on the block the caster is targeting, up to a range of 20 blocks away, for 30 seconds. Costs 25% mana, 5 second cooldown.

Wall of Force - Creates a 3x3 wall of glass blocks on the ground immediately in front of the caster, for a duration of 5 seconds. Costs 50% mana, 30 second cooldown.

Geomancer:

Geyser - Creates a water block at the Geomancer's feet. The outward flowing water currents slow approaching enemies and extinguishes fire/lava, and lasts for 15 seconds before the source block is removed. Costs 35% mana, 1 minute cooldown.

Healer:

Herbal Remedy - Like McGyver, the healer knows how to do a lot with a little. The healer can create a mushroom soup with improvised ingredients, on a 10 minute cooldown. Requires one empty bowl.

Warrior:

Warrior's Cunning - With an eye for battle, the experienced warrior can clearly identify his foes, so that none shall hide from his wrath. For 30 seconds, all nearby player names are fully visible (even if sneaking, or through terrain, they show as bright white), on a 5 minute cooldown.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Geomancer:

Ice Bridge - (50% mana, long lasting spell like 2 hours)
Caster throws a projectile (like fireball) at two points (projectile bcause perhaps the other side is unreachable hence the need for a bridge) and a bridge of ice blocks is made! breaking ice yeilds no resources, i don't see anything wrong with it :)

Nature Wall - (25% mana, another long lasting spell)
Same idea as ice bridge but a wall of trees! Imagine the chaotic PVP potential!

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
I posted these suggestions a couple of weeks before heroes went live, so im just copy and pasting them as they were then. These are all intended for monk

*Palm Strike* Knocks an enemy away from the caster x distance for 3x normal fist damage ( 3x opposed to 5x due to say the fact that the punches power is being forwardly dispersed causing KB). 1 min C/D. EDIT: i like this one the most as it would give the monk a bodyguard/protector/support feel instead of a warrior feel :icon_mrgreen:.

*Faith* The Casters character emanates light only visible to party members, Due to chanting/prayer the casters iron fist damage bonus is reduced to 3-4x. 2-3 min duration 5 min cooldown. EDIT: id say i like this second best, itd make the monk an asset for ambushes, hell runs, and mine defense/invasion. No clue on what itd take to code it tho.

*Adjustment* When cast the next person right clicked undergoes muscle adjustment and is healed x amount (mainly they need to be within arms reach for its use.). EDIT: My least favorite since its kinda generic and plain but i still like the idea alot.