• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want Skills? Suggest them!

RightLegRed

Stone
Want us to code a skill? Please suggest what you'd like to see and we might make it come to life.

If you want to code a skill, please include a name and a description. We'd like to remind you that we are limited to what minecraft can do. So please don't suggest things which require client mods.

Thanks, RightLegRed.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Doppleganger:

You create 2-3 npc's of you around yourself (they have the same skin as you). They do not attack, but just stand there and receive damage until they die. For an advanced version, you could have it where you are able to create 1 npc and have it be aggressive and attack your attacker.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Dead Ringer- (if you played TF2 you probably know what it is)
Create a false death, you temp go invis for a few secs, and there will be a message saying that you been killed but not really. Feign Death

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
First off great job on creating the hero mod.
It has definitely added some much needed flavor to a game that goes bland very quickly after a few weeks of playing.

I chose healer as my first path.
In most pvp/mmo style games I always tend to lean towards the support role.
From all that Ive read in the wiki all 4 healer paths focus mainly on making healers a vary viable part of any group combat.
They are neither defensively nor offensively strong but in a group can change the tide of battle with a correctly placed spell.
That is exactly how support should play.
The only thing I noticed was that healers in a nongroup situation were overlooked.
In a 1v1 face to face situation with players being of the same level and skill, a healer should never come out on top.
But the healer should always have an escape option built into their spell kit.
In other words they should not be able to win a fight solo but should be able to tuck-tail and run with the proper use of a spell.
Some options you could consider are:

Blink:
Instantly sends the caster x amount of blocks away from current location in any direction.(x shouldnt be a large amount. They should still be visable to the attacker and can still be hunted down if they try to make a sloppy escape)

Bind/snares:
Binds enemy target to current position for x amount of seconds.(x again should a reasonable amount of time 2-4 seconds. This would also make them slightly more viable offensively in a non-dps way. i.e. snare enemy healer for team to focus)

Mana Shield:
Incoming damage is taken from the casters mana rather then health bar. (this would give healers the option of using mana to run/wait for help at the expense of being unable to cast untill mana regens. In the hands of a skilled player it could make or break a fight.)

Holy Light (Blind/Confuse):
Caster summons a holy light to blind/disorient enemys in given area for short duration.(Im not a coder so I have no clue if this is even practical. Essentialy the goal would be to make it difficult to target/focas the healer for a short duration. Allowing them in a 1v1 situation to try and mak a run for it or in a group situation distract attackers from a low health enemy and buy a few seconds to possibly get a heal off)

These may seem like it will allow healers to avoid all pvp at will.
But I think that most would rely too heavily on quick reaction time for the average player to actualy pull off an escape in a gank situation. (By gank I mean the healer being unaware of the attacker i.e. /stealthed players, organized ambushs and thing of this nature). The intent would mostly be aimed to get them out of obvious brute force situations i.e Campers sitting on town lines, Obvious raids, Being caught in others houses.

Thanks for taking the time to read The wall o' text.
Keep up the great work
~Recknod

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Is something that extends a player's reach feasible? Less of a particular request and more of a conceptual thing (although I wouldn't mind at all if this skill made it in. -hint hint-).

Holy Lance:
Toggle-able(?) Passive Dragoon ability. When attacking with a diamond spade, doubles attack range and provides a chance to stun per hit. Drains mana with every successful swing.

Toggling passive abilities could be interesting as well, now that I think on it. And heck, this would fit well with Dragoons during gameplay. They'd land a few hits and back off while mana recharges, and come back for more. Sort of hit-and-run.

Also, adding a sort of recoil to the Dragoon's Jump skill would be interesting- Hitting a mob or player while descending from a Jump would propel the user a length equal to the distance from the apex of his Jump to where he landed the hit. This would be easier to explain with a diagram. But my mentality here is uneven terrain- A Dragoon (with the high ground in particular) Jumps, lands a hit, and lands either back around his original position or behind the opponent. No doubt the second hop could cost mana as well.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Beastmaster is currently being revamped, I understand. However:

Lick Wounds - heal all your tamed wolves
Depending on how many you can have, carrying around enough food to heal yourself and your pets will be limiting.

Sit - command all wolves to sit/stand

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Beastmaster is currently being revamped, I understand. However:

Lick Wounds - heal all your tamed wolves
Depending on how many you can have, carrying around enough food to heal yourself and your pets will be limiting.

Sit - command all wolves to sit/stand
I like these.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Would it be possible to add abilities that use "concentration" (similar to EverQuest 2)?

Concentration slots are basically slots that become used up when activating a passive spell. So let's say you have 5 spells that require a concentration slot, but only have 3 available to use. You would need to decide which ones you wanted to activate, and which ones you are willing to give up.

For example, Mages could have a "Magi's Shielding" ability that would reduce incoming damage, but would take up a concentration slot.

Another idea is to use the Dragon Age method, where they would require a certain amount of mana to keep active. So in this case, Magi's Shielding would require 15% of your mana capacity to stay active, so as long as you had it on, you could only regenerate up to 85% of your total mana.

EDIT: Also, maybe Magi's Shielding could use the charged creeper aura. :p (not sure if that's possible.)

RightLegRed

Stone
Would it be possible to add abilities that use "concentration" (similar to EverQuest 2)?

Concentration slots are basically slots that become used up when activating a passive spell. So let's say you have 5 spells that require a concentration slot, but only have 3 available to use. You would need to decide which ones you wanted to activate, and which ones you are willing to give up.

For example, Mages could have a "Magi's Shielding" ability that would reduce incoming damage, but would take up a concentration slot.

Another idea is to use the Dragon Age method, where they would require a certain amount of mana to keep active. So in this case, Magi's Shielding would require 15% of your mana capacity to stay active, so as long as you had it on, you could only regenerate up to 85% of your total mana.

EDIT: Also, maybe Magi's Shielding could use the charged creeper aura. :p (not sure if that's possible.)

Concentration slots sound like a lot of effort for such a small feature. We're gonna be sticking to our current skill format.

Please keep this thread for skill suggestions, not new feature requests.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Concentration slots sound like a lot of effort for such a small feature. We're gonna be sticking to our current skill format.

Please keep this thread for skill suggestions, not new feature requests.
Which is why I also suggest the Dragon Age method, as it probably wouldn't be nearly as difficult to code.

Also, the Magi's Shielding was the skill suggestion. I thought of the concentration thing afterwards, and figured that I might as well include it since it was relevant to the skill.

EDIT: And as a side note, the suggestion of concentration based spells might help spark new spell ideas.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Personally I like the idea of mana cap-reducing passive abilities. I don't think it would require much to do- activate a passive skill, it eats some of your mana to activate and you can only regenerate, say 90% of your max mana naturally. Deactivate it and you regen back up to 100%. Toggling passives, anyone?

What about Geomancy (as portrayed in Final Fantasy, not divination)? Keep items with you, and your skills use them as fuel (maybe instead of mana, or only using a little). /wall- uses Cobblestone to summon a wall. /glacier- uses ice blocks to make a structure of ice in front of you, potentially choking an attacker (probably keep hollow spaces in this one to keep it from being too broken). Metal Barrier- Passive that reduces damage by using iron ingots. Red Flare- Passive that lets you injure people by rightclicking, uses redstone. I imagine that the more summon-y things would require a good deal of effort, but I'm just spouting ideas.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hmmm. Toggle-able passives that reduce the mana cap have lots of possibilities. Maybe have them based on starter paths to ease balancing and implementation.

Examples:
Warrior + specs - sacrifice x mana total to increase damage by .5 hearts/hit
Rogue + specs - sacrifice y mana total to initiate sneak
Caster + specs - sacrifice z mana total, but increase mana regeneration
Healer + specs - sacrifice q mana to reduce incoming damage by .5 hearts/hit
Crafter + specs - sacrifice all mana to reduce mining/diggin/etc. times by .25 (minimum .1 seconds)

RightLegRed

Stone
Again, we're sticking with the current format which doesn't allow this. It might be something for the future, but not now.

Please, skills suggestions only. Feature requests can be held in seperate threads.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
A few random martial arts-inspired skills for Monk would be nice. Add to Dom's suggestion
a Haymaker (pushes the foe horizontally), and some sort of homing attack (gist of it being "move quickly to nearest enemy, hit them"). The right button-binding setup could lead to some very fun little combos.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey, I stopped talking about Dragoons there for a moment. I meant Monks. And I haven't used Charge yet, so I didn't know what it did. >.<"

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
For thief, the ability to booby trap a chest, so when someone opens it the chest disappears and they catch on fire, or the chest does a creeper explosion. Possibly also to work on doors/trap doors.

Skill Name: Booby Trap
Description: Booby Traps a chest/door with an explosive.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
For thief, the ability to booby trap a chest, so when someone opens it the chest disappears and they catch on fire, or the chest does a creeper explosion. Possibly also to work on doors/trap doors but NOT disappear.

Skill Name: Booby Trap
Description: Booby Traps a chest/door with an explosive.
Mana Cost: 35
Comment: For a fake chest version
Skill Name: Rigged Chest
Description: Makes a fake chest that when opened explodes, taking the chest with it.
Mana Cost: 85

Another thing, is to be able to have a percentage to unlock an LWC. I know a ton of people may dislike this idea, but what is the point of naming a class a thief if they can't steal from rich people with LWCs?
The percentage could be something low like 10 percent, and cost 50 mana, so you could try twice without waiting for mana.

Skill Name: Lock Pick
Description: Attempts to unlock a locked chest.
Mana Cost: 50