• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want Skills? Suggest them!

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Paladins wont be gaining a mobility ability, invulnerability already serves this purpose. Not to mention we are very anti-WoW naming.

100 mana for a self-cleanse is pretty rough. I would much prefer a cleanse abilitiy(similar to chakra -healing component) and no damage invulnerability. I haven't talked to a paladin who uses invulnerability for anything other than safefall or lava mishaps.

Holy Resilience - 40-60 mana - 5min CD - self-only - Shake off any debilitating effects (poison, curse, bleed effects.)

GraRona

Portal
100 mana for a self-cleanse is pretty rough. I would much prefer a cleanse abilitiy(similar to chakra -healing component) and no damage invulnerability. I haven't talked to a paladin who uses invulnerability for anything other than safefall or lava mishaps.

Holy Resilience - 40-60 mana - 5min CD - self-only - Shake off any debilitating effects (poison, curse, bleed effects.)

Isn't that basically dispel?

Heres a Ninja skill that I think would help with mobility. It would most likely used for either rushing while in smoke, or for retreat.

Name- Agility
LVL- 50
MP- 50
CD- 60 seconds
Effect- The caster gets a x1.5 speed and x2 jump (double jump?) buff for 20 seconds (Player stretches their legs!). When it wears off the caster is forced into a slowed state for 30 seconds (Player has become fatigued!)
Reagents- Sugar ;)

JZillifro

Soulsand
Stealth_Ninja_ said:
The caster gets a x50% speed and x100% jump (double jump?)
Wouldn't this mean the caster moves half as fast and jumps normally high? I think you meant x1.5 run speed and x2 jump height.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
for monk:

Hidden Fist - (lasts X amount of second) - anytime the monk takes melee damage during the duration, they inflict 2-3 damage back
Meditate - regenerates one's health, mana, and hunger while remaining still
Dragon Kick - in addition to damage, causes the target to burn and fly back
Typhoon Punch - hit the enemy so hard that they feel like they're in water (spawns a puddle of water with damage)
Surgeon's Hand - hit the enemy with precision on a point of vulnerability, causing them pain over time
Pressure Point - temporarily paralyze the target
Paci-fist - all damage done to the monk while this ability is activated is added up, multiplied by 1.5, and dealt with their next punch. (the longer you dont attack, the more damage buildup you get, but the closer to dying u get too)
Drunken Monkey - Slap the enemy silly (confuse)
chi blast - no or low damage, but strong knockback and slow effect to target (ranged)
ki shield - absorbs X amount of damage
Selfless Disciple - monk's damage is reduced by half. All damage recieved by the monk from enemies during X duration is divided in half and given as healing to the monk and her allies in Y distance
pin down - lets the monk jump on top of other players for X duration
Repulse the Monkey - ranged push (cone), knocking enemies in front of the monk back 4-5 squares but does no damage
inner peace - dodge all melee attacks for X seconds

edit:
Knuckle Sandwich - deals damage and takes away 2 food from enemy's hunger meter
Love tap - reduces monk's damage by half, but all damage dealt is returned to the monk as healing
inner focus - the monk ignores their nerves, taking reduced damage from all sources for the duration
Fists of steel - allows the monk to dig out a block exactly how it is. (when used on diamond ore, recieves diamond ore instead of diamond)

obviously i dont expect all to be implemented, or any for that matter. Was just comming up with ideas to make a monk-feel character. Highlighted ones are the ones i liked the most and felt they were unique or greatly desired.

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
Fists of steel - allows the monk to dig out a block exactly how it is. (when used on diamond ore, recieves diamond ore instead of diamond)

haha sweet! Or maybe that you can use your iron fist like a pick? So you can go out mining with your fist, not a boring pickaxe!

donnymeyer

Obsidian
Paci-fist - all damage done to the monk while this ability is activated is added up, multiplied by 1.5, and dealt with their next punch. (the longer you dont attack, the more damage buildup you get, but the closer to dying u get too)
that isnt ironic at all...

purenrgiii

Iron
not true. instant tree code is already in the game. I.e bone meal. is simply a matter add and delete but with a little no corporeal touch to the tree .

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
I'm pretty sure that if a person was stuck in a tree they would just slip out, or suffer suffocation damage. :/

Although the idea of disguise is something I think the admins/coders are interested in.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Mob-inspired skills:
Blaze- Blaze Shot: launches x-number of fireballs whose trajectory could be determined by random selection from various presets.
Enderman- Vanish: Using the skill prepares only one "Vanish" effect. When hit by a mob or player, the user is teleported to a random point x-distance away from the aggressor, preferably facing the enemy. If it goes unused within y-time, the ability is canceled.
Spider- Climb: Allows the user to climb walls like a spider for x-time. This feels pretty obvious. :x
Zombie- UndeadStrength: User takes x-less damage from attacks, does y-more damage with melee attacks, and will catch fire in direct sunlight for z-time.
Enderdragon- Crystal: Places an Ender Crystal where you stand that heals all party members within x-distance over time, despawns after y-time.
Silverfish- Swarm: After activation, all damage the user takes from a mob or player spawns a "Monster" (player mob) skinned like the user, which attacks the aggressor. After x-time, all Monsters despawn. Probably totally impractical, but dang it sounds awesome.