• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want Skills? Suggest them!

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Here is my list of skills (kinda long)

This is how Ninjas skills should be

Sneak - 10Mp - 10 mins duration

Assassins Blade - 25Mp - 10 poison dmg overtime

Jump (Ninja Leap) - 30Mp - Same as Dragoon (Ninjas are known for leaping from building to building)
- This allows ninjas to have an exit strategy, and a way to get to casters. (Movement skill)

Blackjack - 25MP - 30-40% chance to stun an opponent for 3 seconds.

Safefall - 35%MP - Fall from any height and take no damage.

Poison Dart - 10MP 5s CD - Shoots 1 poison arrow (If weilding a bow) Like Poison arrow, but can only shoot 1 per 5 seconds, and you cant shoot arrows.

Assassinate - 25MP 3 minute CD - Deals 10 Extra damage if you hit someone from behind. Longer CD.

What do you think?

Parry - Passive - 10% chance to parry a melee attack

Ninja Trap - 10MP 5s CD - Turns ground to soulsand around target/slows them

Duel Swords - Passive - Allows ninjas to equip 2 swords, enhancing physical attack

Kusarigama - 40MP 30s CD - Lasts 10 seconds, all enemies in a 10 block radies get 5 damage a second, or long range attack that does 15 dmg

Black Egg - 20MP 10s CD - Temporarily blinds target for 5s

Run system - A system where different paths lose food at different rates, or some run faster than others? I dont know whats possible.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I was musing on boss fights for Zeal events, and I came up with a fun little "murder-cheaters" type skill.

Void:
Creates a 3x3 pillar of air (reverts to normal after x time) from targeted entity (or just the ceiling) to y: 0, allowing the target to fall through into the Void.

I'd like to see this in Brutal's videos, haha.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Arrow Bomb, for archers.
Where ever the arrows lands, it will create a shock wave/explosive damage (I don't mean like it will Tnt the environment), basically where it lands will create a small AOE effect.

Necromancer
unholyritual cost rotten flesh or bones since zombies can be killed with this spell too
skeleton sucks they do very little damage and miss often id rather have a zombie a meat shield and push back
becomedeath disgues as ethier zombie or skeleton
Posion ball same as fireball but all damage and overtime damage converted into poison
Get rid of fireball ofc also make it stack with posion

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
Here is my list of skills (kinda long)

This is how Ninjas skills should be

Sneak - 10Mp - 10 mins duration

Assassins Blade - 25Mp - 10 poison dmg overtime

Jump (Ninja Leap) - 30Mp - Same as Dragoon (Ninjas are known for leaping from building to building)
- This allows ninjas to have an exit strategy, and a way to get to casters. (Movement skill)

Blackjack - 25MP - 30-40% chance to stun an opponent for 3 seconds.

Safefall - 35%MP - Fall from any height and take no damage.

Poison Dart - 10MP 5s CD - Shoots 1 poison arrow (If weilding a bow) Like Poison arrow, but can only shoot 1 per 5 seconds, and you cant shoot arrows.

Assassinate - 25MP 3 minute CD - Deals 10 Extra damage if you hit someone from behind. Longer CD.

What do you think?

Parry - Passive - 10% chance to parry a melee attack

Ninja Trap - 10MP 5s CD - Turns ground to soulsand around target/slows them

Duel Swords - Passive - Allows ninjas to equip 2 swords, enhancing physical attack

Kusarigama - 40MP 30s CD - Lasts 10 seconds, all enemies in a 10 block radies get 5 damage a second, or long range attack that does 15 dmg

Black Egg - 20MP 10s CD - Temporarily blinds target for 5s

Run system - A system where different paths lose food at different rates, or some run faster than others? I dont know whats possible.

Whats with any of These @Sleaker ? I really like some Things like the soulsand Attack for ninjas for example :3

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Alright, here's one we discussed for Paladins, stolen mostly from Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES.

Cover- 33mp 30s CD - absorbs mob/pvp damage taken from a targeted party member for 20 seconds.

Could also sub that out for protect, just stop all damage to your target for 10 seconds, but require endurance or shield to be active.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
I feel like rangers need a boost to mobility now that the benefit of root is limited to one shot:

Fleet of Foot:

lvl 35, 40mp, targeted spell, 3 min cd. Requires bow in hand.
The ranger concentrates on a single target, removing the movement reduction for drawing a bow for 30 sec (possibly letting them sprint while drawing?). If the ranger hits a different target or switches weapons, the buff is removed.

Rangers used to be considered op against melee classes, but with recent changes I think that rangers don't stand a chance against most warrior and rogue specs.

Is such a spell possible? Do you think it will overbalance the class?

Also, +1 Aerokii's suggestion. Paladins definitely need something to use all of that tank for!

milkmeister

Legacy Supporter 6
With the nerfs to BM's recently, they really just need some new skills to balance it out. I think that some more animal related skill would be nice, and make beastmasters more fleshed out, not just OP.
Some ideas are:

Creeperify - 75mp - Puts the enemy on top of a creeper that will explode (with reduced damage if its too op) this could be the beastmaster's OH SHIT button as Kain calls it

Wolf Riding Abilities: I know that Kainzo wants to save mob riding for donors, but i think it would be very cool.

Target: When you have a wolf, but are being double teamed, you use target to send your wolf on one specific person in a 25 block radius or something like that

Werewolf: I think spicycheez or another BM suggested this on. At night only, you can give temporarily your wolf double hp and 1.5x damage or something of that nature. Maybe it should just be passive and is always effective during the night time

(I know this one isn't coding because it's already in the game) Piggify: BM's should get this instead of root, it just makes more sense

Those are a few of my ideas and others', I do have some more though

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
With the nerfs to BM's recently, they really just need some new skills to balance it out. I think that some more animal related skill would be nice, and make beastmasters more fleshed out, not just OP.
Some ideas are:

Creeperify - 75mp - Puts the enemy on top of a creeper that will explode (with reduced damage if its too op) this could be the beastmaster's OH SHIT button as Kain calls it

Wolf Riding Abilities: I know that Kainzo wants to save mob riding for donors, but i think it would be very cool.

Target: When you have a wolf, but are being double teamed, you use target to send your wolf on one specific person in a 25 block radius or something like that

Werewolf: I think spicycheez or another BM suggested this on. At night only, you can give temporarily your wolf double hp and 1.5x damage or something of that nature. Maybe it should just be passive and is always effective during the night time

(I know this one isn't coding because it's already in the game) Piggify: BM's should get this instead of root, it just makes more sense

piggify is more of a magic ability. Its not supposed to be putting your enemy on a pig, I think the idea is supposed to be like polymorph in wow, which is an ability that mages have.

milkmeister

Legacy Supporter 6
piggify is more of a magic ability. Its not supposed to be putting your enemy on a pig, I think the idea is supposed to be like polymorph in wow, which is an ability that mages have.

Regardless, BM's still need more skills of that nature.

Spicycheez

Portal
Some ideas are:

what do you say @Sleaker

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Paladin skill idea:

Freedom of Movement - Holy cleanse and short duration buff. Self-only. Medium mana, high cooldown. Cleanses all movement impairing effects on the paladin, and potentially grants invulnerability from stuns and slows for 10seconds.

As a Paladin I become quite slow in full diamond, and if I get hit with a slow/root I'm taken right out of the fight. I feel very meaty, and for my HP my damage is completely understandable. I do however lack any defense towards all the new root and slow abilities. FoM gives the Paladin the ability to stay in the fight without giving them any sort nuke or extra damage resistance.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Paladin skill idea:

Freedom of Movement - Holy cleanse and short duration buff. Self-only. Medium mana, high cooldown. Cleanses all movement impairing effects on the paladin, and potentially grants invulnerability from stuns and slows for 10seconds.

As a Paladin I become quite slow in full diamond, and if I get hit with a slow/root I'm taken right out of the fight. I feel very meaty, and for my HP my damage is completely understandable. I do however lack any defense towards all the new root and slow abilities. FoM gives the Paladin the ability to stay in the fight without giving them any sort nuke or extra damage resistance.

Paladins wont be gaining a mobility ability, invulnerability already serves this purpose. Not to mention we are very anti-WoW naming.

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
I noticed that Bloodmage gets absolutely no attention, and is sort of a sacrificial type of class but with only syphon being a sacrificial move.

The skill names being-

Martyr - For half the HP lost this attack does damage to the target.

For example: Say Bloodmage is widdled down to 10 hp from his maximum hp 95. Bloodmage casts the move on a target and does HALF of the deducted hp. (Showing my work) 95-10=85/2= 43 damage! That's more than half!

Lamb - On death, your teammates in your party get halved taken damage.

Rezsoul - (Basically the opposite of Drainsoul) Giving ten of your HP to a target. (This could also be replaced for Syphon.)

Ailments - All debuffs on a party member are instantly transferred to Bloodmage.

It would definitely make the Bloodmage a feared class. AND useful.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
@ICherry_girl - considering I've been very active in the bloodmage thread and looking at pulling in some fixes for them, I can say that we definetely are active with them right now and they definetely are getting attention.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
@ICherry_girl - considering I've been very active in the bloodmage thread and looking at pulling in some fixes for them, I can say that we definetely are active with them right now and they definetely are getting attention.

I'm considering going Bloodmage once I master beastmaster and have had my fun with lvl 50 (or maybe I'll wait for the next map wipe :p whenever that is) but right now the skills aren't so special.

I think the bloodmage should be able to hurt themselves to do extra damage, or perhaps can have a buff that deals damage done to them right back at the enemy for all or a fraction of the damage dealt to them in the first place.