• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Township 3.0 rework ideas

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
There should be more info on permissions, regarding each individual regions.

I've added a player to a house region, but when I do /to whatshere only I am shown as Owner, not who else has access to the region as a member (not owner). It would give people more assurance in handling region permissions, if there would be more feedback on issued permissions, I think. Overall I think there should be more permission flags regarding use flags and build flags either.

Make the command /town whatshere list up all members of a region in additon instead of owners only, for town regions.
You can click the region with coal to see all information about it in the meantime.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
@Alator the "taxes" permission is not listed at /town listallperms , the permission that allows the owner to exempt members from taxes using /to toggleperm <player> taxes <town> . Just as fyi.

Also can you add an additional line to the /to info <region> command? To the Reagents, Input and Output tab descriptions, telling the player to click on it to get the information required (to avoid confusion, since the other tabs indicate all the info in the description, but these 3 only when clicking on them). When I first saw this I thought it would be incomplete, because the Wiki mentions all the info this UI lacks - which it didn't. I noticed when I clicked on it accidentally.
Example:

Reagents:
Items required to run the region.
Click here to show the information.

I'm just here to look pretty

And you're damn good at doing this.
Can I get rocketed for saying that, please?

Last edited:

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I've been having trouble with the /to withdraw command, keeps giving me a minimum required error, even for 10s and I have over 1400 atm.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
@Alator the "taxes" permission is not listed at /town listallperms , the permission that allows the owner to exempt members from taxes using /to toggleperm <player> taxes <town> . Just as fyi.

Also can you add an additional line to the /to info <region> command? To the Reagents, Input and Output tab descriptions, telling the player to click on it to get the information required (to avoid confusion, since the other tabs indicate all the info in the description, but these 3 only when clicking on them). When I first saw this I thought it would be incomplete, because the Wiki mentions all the info this UI lacks - which it didn't. I noticed when I clicked on it accidentally.
Example:

Reagents:
Items required to run the region.
Click here to show the information.

And you're damn good at doing this.
Can I get rocketed for saying that, please?
Text updates should go through in a restart or two.

I've been having trouble with the /to withdraw command, keeps giving me a minimum required error, even for 10s and I have over 1400 atm.
Are you sure you don't want the deposit command to put money in your town bank? Last I checked, your town was in the red.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Really, weve got plenty in the bank and in my account i thought.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
You can click the region with coal to see all information about it in the meantime.
Wait, was coal fixed? Yesterday I was using coal to figure stuff out about the town region and such and all it was telling me was,
"[Townships] No region here!" when there was a region. Unless town permissions to do things and the towns regions are separate things where you can have one but not the other?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Wait, was coal fixed? Yesterday I was using coal to figure stuff out about the town region and such and all it was telling me was,
"[Townships] No region here!" when there was a region. Unless town permissions to do things and the towns regions are separate things where you can have one but not the other?
Coal checks for regions, not superregions. So you can click on the buildings, for for the town superregion you'll need to us the /to whatshere command.
Really, weve got plenty in the bank and in my account i thought.
Hmm. I'll check into this tonight.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
@Alator does the region chest upon region creation always face to the direction the player is looking? Just a question regarding in-house decorating. If not would it be possible to make it like that?
Also is it true that there is an auto-kick system regarding taxes?

Last edited:

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
@Alator does the region chest upon region creation always face to the direction the player is looking? Just a question regarding in-house decorating. If not would it be possible to make it like that?
Also is it true that there is an auto-kick system regarding taxes?
Currently they face east when spawned. This can be changed, but isn't a high priority at the moment.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Currently they face east when spawned. This can be changed, but isn't a high priority at the moment.

Sure, of course. Also someone has suggested a MOTD for townships before, in case you didn't see it, I'd like to mention it here again.

Last edited:

drpepper1344

Soulsand
Is there a method other than going through /money top to be able to see if certain members are not paying their taxes? If not, would that be at all possible?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Is there a method other than going through /money top to be able to see if certain members are not paying their taxes? If not, would that be at all possible?
Taxes are removed from players automatically. The only reason they 'wouldn't pay' is if they are broke or you set them to be exempt from paying them.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Going to make a push to get a few things updated tonight (and maybe the wiki too) depending on free time.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Not having money could be an indicator of inactivity. A viewable log of taxes paid would help managers get rid of the inactives to recruit more active players. Its hard to monitor activity with so many time zones.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Posting this here for township 3.0 bug/rework needed.

Town tax system malfunction - If a town doesn't have any money in their town bank, the town tax defers to the owners account for the money. This was intended. Whenever it pays the taxes in this way, it doesn't count it towards the town tax. So the town debt starts to accrue. Since upgrading to village I have noticed this happening, it may have been happening prior to that as well. The first day it charged me 500s, as intended. The next day it charged me 1000s, since my town was now in the negative for "missing" the prior day's payment. The next day 1500, and then 2000. I realized it too late, but put the 2000 souls into my town bank to stop the debt.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Not having money could be an indicator of inactivity. A viewable log of taxes paid would help managers get rid of the inactives to recruit more active players. Its hard to monitor activity with so many time zones.

Yes indeed, a command which lists up all members and the amounts of tax they've paid the last day would be nice to have at least.

Town tax system malfunction - If a town doesn't have any money in their town bank, the town tax defers to the owners account for the money. This was intended. Whenever it pays the taxes in this way, it doesn't count it towards the town tax. So the town debt starts to accrue. Since upgrading to village I have noticed this happening, it may have been happening prior to that as well. The first day it charged me 500s, as intended. The next day it charged me 1000s, since my town was now in the negative for "missing" the prior day's payment. The next day 1500, and then 2000. I realized it too late, but put the 2000 souls into my town bank to stop the debt.

That's rough but thanks for the info. This is a good warning for people who want to upgrade their town.

@Alator I noticed something with regions and permissions. It appears not to be possible for people to open doors & trapdoors of a region without permissions, but if these doors are connected to a pressure plate, this security can be bypassed by stepping on that pressure plate (regardless any permissions set). Is that intentional? Regarding former PvE regions, the use flag covered pressure plates too, in this plugin it only covers doors & trapdoors as it seems. Or did I do something wrong? I did check the location of the pressure plate and the door to double check, but both were in a house region. I noticed a town member who is not added to that region to step on that pressure plate and open the door. Later, I asked him to open a certain trapdoor of another region he is not a member of, he was not able to open it. Are levers, buttons & pressure plates a bypass to open regioned doors?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7

Passing this on, thanks.

Yes indeed, a command which lists up all members and the amounts of tax they've paid the last day would be nice to have at least.

That's rough but thanks for the info. This is a good warning for people who want to upgrade their town.

@Alator I noticed something with regions and permissions. It appears not to be possible for people to open doors & trapdoors of a region without permissions, but if these doors are connected to a pressure plate, this security can be bypassed by stepping on that pressure plate (regardless any permissions set). Is that intentional? Regarding former PvE regions, the use flag covered pressure plates too, in this plugin it only covers doors & trapdoors as it seems. Or did I do something wrong? I did check the location of the pressure plate and the door to double check, but both were in a house region. I noticed a town member who is not added to that region to step on that pressure plate and open the door. Later, I asked him to open a certain trapdoor of another region he is not a member of, he was not able to open it. Are levers, buttons & pressure plates a bypass to open regioned doors?

Your right. It looks like the system doesn't block pressure plate usage. Passing this on as well. For now, don;t use them.