• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Township 3.0 rework ideas

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Fixed errors with Soul Shard Structures. They should all be working as expected after this restart.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I've been doing some more testing, here's what I've found.

-Inn and Hospital sizes are still 23x23x23
-The hospital does not have a working healing effect
-I'm gonna double check all my buildings, but I don't think I'm receiving the correct amount of souls/day from my housing.
-I was letting the automated system draw from my personal account for taxes, it drew from my personal account, but it didn't take note of the payment, so the next day I was charged 1000 from my personal account, then 1500, then 2000. I then paid the -2000 balance it showed me having to stop this from compounding. I'm still out the 6k souls it took from me. I want to keep testing buildings/townships, but this kinda crippled me for the time being. ANY help whatsoever with this last issue would be MADLY appreciated.

Soul shard structures functioning as intended now.
Campfires working great for temphousing
Building restrictions much nicer to work with.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
I've been doing some more testing, here's what I've found.

-Inn and Hospital sizes are still 23x23x23 I can adjust this smaller. I believe previously the hospital had a 23 radius (i.e. 46x46x46).
-The hospital does not have a working healing effect. Hmm. I'll test it. The healing effect is very small.
-I'm gonna double check all my buildings, but I don't think I'm receiving the correct amount of souls/day from my housing. I ran a test last night, and the souls-from-housing worked. Might be worth doublechecking you are the primary owner for all the houses.
-I was letting the automated system draw from my personal account for taxes, it drew from my personal account, but it didn't take note of the payment, so the next day I was charged 1000 from my personal account, then 1500, then 2000. I then paid the -2000 balance it showed me having to stop this from compounding. I'm still out the 6k souls it took from me. I want to keep testing buildings/townships, but this kinda crippled me for the time being. ANY help whatsoever with this last issue would be MADLY appreciated. This is a known issue. @cindy_k is working on it. I'll see what I can do to make the bug less painful for you ;)

Soul shard structures functioning as intended now. :alator:
Campfires working great for temphousing :alator:
Building restrictions much nicer to work with. :alator:

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Is it possible that the town rings of lower tier super-regions disappear, when upgrading to the next tier township? Can you make it like that @Alator? Just a thing for fancy. In my opinion having several township rings looks ugly and sort of also interferes with some buildings/structures, when expanding the town structures in size.
Of course a matter of minor pirority if you decide to add it to your list.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
Is it possible that the town rings of lower tier super-regions disappear, when upgrading to the next tier township? Can you make it like that @Alator? Just a thing for fancy. In my opinion having several township rings looks ugly and sort of also interferes with some buildings/structures, when expanding the town structures in size.

I actually enjoy the second ring, It's like a tree. Count the rings to see how old they are.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7

They do serve a purpose. If for whatever reason (siege, improper management) your town loses power and devolves, it will downgrade to the location you placed your previous town size. So if you felt like being a goofball and put your hamlet region way over to the side, then that's where your town would shift to if you devolved from village.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
They do serve a purpose. If for whatever reason (siege, improper management) your town loses power and devolves, it will downgrade to the location you placed your previous town size. So if you felt like being a goofball and put your hamlet region way over to the side, then that's where your town would shift to if you devolved from village.

I see...
What about the height levels? Can you set them to about 180 blocks fixed, for floating structures and better visibility from distance?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
I see...
What about the height levels? Can you set them to about 180 blocks fixed, for floating structures and better visibility from distance?
It's already on the to-do list I gave to Cindy :)

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
There is much confusion about the contents required for the bldg region chests. Can we have an option to give perms to open those chests ONLY if you are an owner please? Especially if you hook up to a warehouse...

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
My suggestion is a town permissions system that's much easier to use. I would like something that would allow you to set up your own custom permissions system within your town. It would work very similar to any permissions system used for groups on a server. If I could set up the group name, and then the permissions that would be fantastic. As well as the ability to change the default group you are put into. Thanks. If you need this to be clarified at all, I can try to explain better.

Ruger392

Obsidian
So are we still being forced to build shacks in order to add people into your town ? Thats the only problem I hav3 with this plugin.

Ruger392

Obsidian
In that case what is the big problem with town 3.0, people keep saying its limiting creativity, how so?

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
In that case what is the big problem with town 3.0, people keep saying its limiting creativity, how so?

Some regions have a very small size, which require you to build certain blocks in a small radius/area. That makes it hard to build something neat sometimes, especially for the shack region. After all, it depends on the builder.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
So are we still being forced to build shacks in order to add people into your town ? Thats the only problem I hav3 with this plugin.
I mean, it's not ONLY shacks, you build any housing region.
There's also campsites but they drain lots of power.

The main problem is that it requires actually managing your town. Something Townships 2.0 really didn't require (Especially while taxes were broken) Creatively they really cut back on block requirements. The older versions of the plugin had really strict build requirements.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
The main problem is that it requires actually managing your town. Something Townships 2.0 really didn't require (Especially while taxes were broken) Creatively they really cut back on block requirements. The older versions of the plugin had really strict build requirements.

Precisely. I like the idea of having a bigger challenge with this plugin, imo. I guess the most can't handle the fact that it's not so easy anymore as it used to be. As soon as you get into it, it actually isn't hard at all. Also I think, that Alator will add a lot of nice features together with the other coders who are working on it. Will do...

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Some regions have a very small size, which require you to build certain blocks in a small radius/area. That makes it hard to build something neat sometimes, especially for the shack region. After all, it depends on the builder.
This statement always confuses me. If you want to make a house in a town, you don't have to leave it as just the size of the shack. Build a larger structure, and just have the shack region take up a portion of it.