• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Township 3.0 rework ideas

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Precisely. I like the idea of having a bigger challenge with this plugin, imo. I guess the most can't handle the fact that it's not so easy anymore as it used to be. As soon as you get into it, it actually isn't hard at all. Also I think, that Alator will add a lot of nice features together with the other coders who are working on it. Will do...
I actually really like the current plugin. It's intimidating when you try to look it up. But once you get into its really fun.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
This statement always confuses me. If you want to make a house in a town, you don't have to leave it as just the size of the shack. Build a larger structure, and just have the shack region take up a portion of it.

That is basically what we are doing in our township, but not everyone sees it like that.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
This statement always confuses me. If you want to make a house in a town, you don't have to leave it as just the size of the shack. Build a larger structure, and just have the shack region take up a portion of it.
The thing is though, it's annoying when you have to rebuild structures to upgrade their size.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The thing is though, it's annoying when you have to rebuild structures to upgrade their size.
Just built for the size of the region you want?

If you want a Chalet (13x13x13) but only have money/room for a Shack, build the shack region, but make your house the size of a Chalet. Eventually you can just use /to rebuild to make a shack into a house and a house into a Chalet.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Just built for the size of the region you want?

If you want a Chalet (13x13x13) but only have money/room for a Shack, build the shack region, but make your house the size of a Chalet. Eventually you can just use /to rebuild to make a shack into a house and a house into a Chalet.
It's not about the region size; that's easy. It's that at the first tier, fitting all those shacks in the tiny region it gives you is a challenge. There's simply not enough room to make bigger plots in preparation because there's physically not enough space. Most houses or chalets would be outside of the region.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It's not about the region size; that's easy. It's that at the first tier, fitting all those shacks in the tiny region it gives you is a challenge. There's simply not enough room to make bigger plots in preparation because there's physically not enough space. Most houses or chalets would be outside of the region.
Plan for it..... I mean... it cant be that hard to assign 13x13 plots in advance.....

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Plan for it..... I mean... it cant be that hard to assign 13x13 plots in advance.....
Maybe outside of the region, but not within it. It doesn't do me any good to have them outside. By the time I can build there, I can make those size of houses. You still need shacks to get up to the hamlet stage, but there's no space within the town's region to allocate space for the bigger homes.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe outside of the region, but not within it. It doesn't do me any good to have them outside. By the time I can build there, I can make those size of houses. You still need shacks to get up to the hamlet stage, but there's no space within the town's region to allocate space for the bigger homes.
Start out with plots the size of the larger ones. Make your hamlet. Then BOOM! Space.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter

We understand that we can do that, but the whole purpose, in my opinion, of purchasing these housing units and building them is to give a subregion to the player so they don't have to worry about others stealing and such from them. if we create a larger region - only the shack's portion would be regioned for the player...

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Brownstones and Condos. Its not like the regions can't touch each other. Rack em and stack em.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
can we make town coat of arms now that banners are out and incorporate that into towns somehow? lol

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Anything is possible :) Currently it doesn't support anything other than the owner/member difference.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Anything is possible :) Currently it doesn't support anything other than the owner/member difference.
If you could make that possible that would be fantastic. I'd like to have a few different groups in control of their own tasks, similar to mods/admins, but town specific. :)

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
@Alator 2 other things I've been thinking about. I doubt that it would be easy to implement them. Anyway, if you like the ideas, maybe throw it into the plugin someday when it's up and running perfectly.

1.Township Region: Arena
A region of a certain fixed size in which PvP is enabled. Overrides "No PvP" in the PvE continent.

- Overrides all no-pvp flags
- Enables PvP between Town Members and Parties
- Wide range of alternative structure requirements - as in many building possibilities (some may prefer a pit, some a colosseum)
- Items don't drop upon death (possible?)
- Death in the Arena has no influence on KDR (possible?)
~ If the township has a graveyard region, players spawn there upon death instead of the next graveyard in the wild.

I imagine that this could be used as training grounds as well. I also think that players of the PvP continent would profit from this.

2. Township Mechanic: Poll
A feature allowing Town Owners to create polls which can work as a survey about a certain subject over time. When creating the poll, the town owner is able to set a deadline for the poll. After creating the poll, it's possible to add additional messages, just like commenting on a petition.

Town members ("voters") are able to open a list of open polls, view into it and vote yes/no + an additional note - each by using a command. Each vote has it's own ID# as well, so the town owners can check the voting messages individually for each member.

Sample command set copied from the petition commands:
/town poll
/town poll new <message> <days>
/town poll add <poll#> <message>
/town poll close <poll#> <message>
/town poll view <poll#> <voter#>
/town poll vote <poll#> <yes|no> <message>
/town poll list <open|closed>

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Well if we're writing out commands for suggestions, here are mine for the permissions system

/town group add <name>
/town group remove <name>
/town group setdefault <name>
/town group addperm <name> <permission node>
/town group removeperm <name> <permission node>
/town group rename <name> <newname>
/town group addmember <playername> <groupname>
/town group removemember <playername> <groupname>

That's all I can think of at this second, I'll add more when I think of them.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Could we get some clarification and consistency on Tax and Soul Shop consumption times? It's been AROUND 12 CST the past week. Some nights it comes early, some nights it comes later. Is there a reason it's random, or is this a mistake? @Alator

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
With Townships 2.0 we could find out a town's location using /town info. I was always a bit uneasy about that, but I could see the benefits too.

What does everyone else think? Would it be a good thing or a bad thing to have /to who [town] show the town's coordinates?

In any case, @Alator would it be possible to have /to who [town] at least identify whether it is a Northern or Southern continent town?