• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Town] Lightforge {45} [Good] Xandria Dominion*RECRUITING*

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay, here are some pics. The structure as it is mostly serves to illustrate the basic shape and measurements.
LFwholeview.png
The whole thing at once. The doors at the bottom were a redstone thing I was trying out, still want to tweak that. The ice blocks mark 8-block intervals. If the wiki is right, Wizards can only Blink 15, so if we make sure there are no footholds until after that point we ought to be safe from that.

LFbottomseg.png
A view of the bottom segment. The cobble marks an outdoor walkway around the tower. The wooden arrows denote paths to airborne houses and such, and the wooden ring at the bottom is the basic footprint of our current tower.
LFmidseg.png
The middle portion of the tower. Not much to see here, but I like the tiered cake effect. We can fancy this up, I'm certain of it.
To be continued, there's a limit of 4 uploads per post and the last two kind of go together.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
LFicetower.png
The (also unfinished) Crystal Tower. I really want a Lore excuse for this. It can be our addition that extends into the new limit, and there's ample room for at least 2 more housing layers. It will attach to the top of the main building. The inside is lit with glowstone, and it's just big enough not to melt with that in there. It's also the same shape as the old tower's footprint.
LFdome.png
I said it would attach to the main structure but I don't know exactly how I want to do that. I would like to have a glowstone spike on the top, kind of looking as though it stopped the ice somehow. I thought a shrine of some kind, a dome or pavilion, would look good around it.

This is just the basic idea. I kind of visualize other sections on the base of the building- Most cathedrals I know of are actually built in the shape of a cross, having 4 large hallway-type sections would be a good addition.

I would suggest that it be made primarily of stone brick with some cobble strategically thrown in, especially with the coming addition of upside-down stairs and slabs.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I like the look daz, would we fill in the space in-between? It will be hard to get that much ice, but we should try. Also, look at firebombs plans for the Parliament at 256. (Hopefully, we will have to see how this all fits together.)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I like the look daz, would we fill in the space in-between? It will be hard to get that much ice, but we should try. Also, look at firebombs plans for the Parliament at 256. (Hopefully, we will have to see how this all fits together.)
Yeah, a lot of this design will depend on how it goes down in-game. Where did firebomb post about this Parliament?

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
Why do you wish to join Lightforge?: I would like to be a part of a town and this when looks like the best of them all.
How long have you been on the server?: Ac ouple weeks.
What will your class be (Spec included)?: I hope to be a warrior and eventually a paladin.
Past towns?: Nada
What do you believe you can contribute to the town?: Ill help in anyways I can.
How often can you be online?: Most every afternoon.
Age? 15
Are you a builder or a fighter?: Examples? Im not much of a builder or a fighter but I hope to improve in both.

ka1margonar

Legacy Supporter 4
oh man... well that sucks. perhaps you should ask everyone in HC for 1 c. then you will have enough XD

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
were in the same kingdom...
Technically Altum is not part of XD. They just happen to be in that area. Unless I missed something and they're PO'd (I doubt it but there's no such thing as inflection over the internet) they are still friendly with us.