• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Spell/Dungeon Team

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
To the Spell Team:

If you are so dedicated to creating spell dungeons, perhaps you guys should set up a private server (with Falsebook among other plugins) for yourselves to do so. That way, you can incorporate redstone, Falsebook signage, pistons and whatever else you want, while also being able to test it without interference from PKers and other problems. Then, when the time is right, you can give Kainzo the world save and let him paste the dungeons in at his leisure. I am sure this would satisfy both parties, as your work is protected and HeroCraft would be able to implement it when they are ready. Sure, it might not be completely legit in terms of mats, but in reality, it is not a player's house or city, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Obvious solution is obvious.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
I meant casters/healers and their specializations @eisbaerBorealis :p

And Nuin, that's a really good idea! We WANT your guys' dungeons, we just don't know when we'll need them.

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
Pasting? I thought this was HARDTOTHEFUCKINGCORE. :p
Pasting is cake (I had a hand in constructing Zeal, including the bridges and cleaning up the perimeter towers). I have had a lot of WorldEdit experience, so if Kainzo is not up to the task if/when the time comes, I would be more than happy to assist.

R3xz

Glowstone
If so, the spell team could just host a server then? It's really easy to host a server from your computer and have it handle like half a dozen people. Then when the time come just export it to the HC server. However i thought that Kain like to do everything hardcore, so no such thing as pasting stuff but rather hire people to do stuff for him or buy the material to do it himself.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Everything we would paste in was done by hand with bought or mined materials. In fact a few of them were done by our master architects. So it's all legit, we've just moved from those maps, and we like to take works of art and dungeons with us.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't mind this idea. However, I don't think any of the main spell team people CAN host, at least properly.

I have a connection that every night, is offline from midnight to 5 am, currently on my phone, and I usually go to bed around now and wake up at 2 pm, so I would not be able to. Dgco, well I doubt his computer could handle 4-6 people on at once AND the plugins. You'll have to ask him. Danda can't without router access. Dagoth only has full access to a computer on weekends and I don't know about howdanrock, or grawr. the assistants as well we'd need to speak too.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
i could host one, i already have one set up with most of the bast herocraft type plugins, though i am having a slight problem with permissions and adding people from within game i should be able to add you guys too it so you can build shiz, its also on a flat terrain map so copy and pasting would be easy as pie.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
Pasting dungeons is not the solution ffs. The dungeons this map need to be new ones, not old ones. The old ones are boring and most people know all the ins and outs already.

And these Dungeons aren't limited to just spells, whatever you decide to put in them, NOTHING about the dungeons will change, only the prize at the end. We are building for the sake of the server, and for the sake of the server none of our Dungeons will be previously made dungeons because that's just lazy and sloppy tbh.

Also, spells from spell dungeons can EASILY be for everyone. Make them take 100% mana to cast for non-casters, and 10-20% mana for various Casters, voila! Or even then, we could have TWO prizes at the end. Spells for casters, and XP blocks that only non-casters can access. There's so many ways around any small, microscopic problem people keep mentioning in building ahead of time that it's getting tiring having to show you why there's no real problem.

We don't WANT you to have to paste in old stale dungeons. This map should have no remnants from previous maps, period. Let the Spell Team do it's supposed job and make dungeons, which is what we enjoy doing and it also contributes to the FUN of the server, which is a big deal. New dungeons take a LONG TIME to make, hell, working out a SINGLE error in the repeaters of our current project took 6 hours+! These things take time to do correctly, and all we asked for was the ability to not have to worry about random people coming in and messing with our circuits and causing us a 6+ hour debug session.

So, I appologize to those in the Spell Team for wasting our work so far apparently, and all work is still called off until the regions are back.

Edit: also, pasting from a copy-paste flat map is not the solution. Half of what we do when selecting a location is work with the existing terrain to make the dungeon look great while not sticking out. I'd be willing to work this way if need be, but it is a last solution in my book, we should be able to work on the damned live server, especially those of us who are crafters and would get XP normally for crafting the used items and digging out the large areas needed for the dungeons and circuits, which would be wasted if it was all done OFF Herocraft.

Bl00dmaster

Legacy Supporter 3
I do agree with DagothAgahnim. I think that the dungeons should be new. As people will know the old dungeons so will be able to do them well.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
If dungeons can be made now, and we are willing to make them, why NOT get a head start? Wouldn't it be best to have a dungeon already ready for any spell as soon as spells are ready? I believe it is.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
All we ask is to be able to do what we love, for the server we love, ON the server we love. Telling us to ship off to a private server is basically saying we're unwanted rejects that don't have the same creative rights on Herocraft as standard players building themselves crappy mud shacks.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Tl:dr. You can keep thinking whatever you like. You obviously think that spells are the most important thing in the game, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT READY. Look at Nuins suggestion. Put up your own server and make dungeons there if it's such an issue. We can port them in when we need them, and if any materials are obtained in a less than legitimate fashion, we'll just buy them from players. Seems like a logical resolution to me.

And no. That's not what it's saying. It's saying that regions are not fully functioning, as I'm sure you saw yesterday raiding that town, so we are not giving them out to anything but townships. And you DO have the same creative rights, but you're not a township, so you have to deal with the woes of being a standard player.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
and obviously you missed where I typed 'it doesn't matter if it's a spell or an xp block at the end' because I couldn't give two shits about the spells in all honesty, we just want to build the Dungeons so they are ready.

And fine, Regions are shit, we get it, then how about an admin warning to leave dungeon sites alone and a guarantee that grief would be rolled back? that would satisfy the majority of us even without getting Regions. Redstone circuits are delicate, and the threat of punishment by staff for screwing with them would probably keep most of our worries away.

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
Gotta agree with Dago on this one, a pasted in dungeon would stick out too much, especially since the paste would paste in air blocks, meaning things like mountains would get sliced through instead of being built into. Spell related, maybe a spell block could give a spell based on your class, so instead of having the "tree trim" spell dungeon, you have the tier 1 spell dungeon. each sub-class could have their own tier 1 ability that would have to be earned by going through the dungeon. more challenging dungeons would award more powerful/useful abilities

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I do have to say 1 more thing, what harm could come of preparing before hand, spells may not be the priority but if dago or lucky are just sitting arounf fucking with people (which the do alot :p) why would setting up a region be such a bad thing.

Plus as they said, the moment kain is ready for the dungeons BAM! he just slaps the exp block or spell in it and their ready to go.

Things that take time like this should just be prepared now while the admins are busy with the other stuff. So when they are ready for this, all they have to do is paste in the spells needed

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
I do have to say 1 more thing, what harm could come of preparing before hand, spells may not be the priority but if dago or lucky are just sitting arounf fucking with people (which the do alot :p) why would setting up a region be such a bad thing.

Plus as they said, the moment kain is ready for the dungeons BAM! he just slaps the exp block or spell in it and their ready to go.

Things that take time like this should just be prepared now while the admins are busy with the other stuff. So when they are ready for this, all they have to do is paste in the spells needed

I agree. Why put off something that can be done and is wanted by many players to be done? Ok. You aren't ready for the dungeon just yet. That's fine, it will be there when you are ready.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
As I do with all other Griefing, I will do whatever I can to roll the user back and fix any damage. Sometimes rolling back a user DOES NOT work well with Redstone Wiring; I tried earlier and a lot of the Redstone Wires just pop off.

I'll do what I can; as much as I can. Feel free to contact me directly via PM, etc.

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
What exactly is the spell team and what are these dungeons I assume there not just boxes with a mob spawner but a complex maze with traps and mobs spawners with a reward at the end

EDIT:sorry guys i didnt see this was page 3 thought it was page 1 lol. I read page 1 first app and it sounds intriguing but looking at the mazes and redstone farther down the page i know nothing, i think il practice on SSP