• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Spell/Dungeon Team

Gwawr

Stone
And here I've been meaning to ask what happened at the meeting that I couldn't make and offering to help...

O.O

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
On a positive note - the spell team will be transforming into the Dungeon team

The EXP Block / Class change plugin is coming in @DThielke knows more about the status and how much there is left to do. Our goal is to have Spell dungeons, yes. However, it has taken a back seat with the alarming amount of other issues we're facing.
It's -very- hard to balance the old spell system with the new skill system. Our ability to only want to give 'spells' to healers and casters may not be seen as a positive thing. We need to theorycraft it later.

Gwawr

Stone
May I suggest that having dungeons and having spells in the dungeons are separate issues? You may be able to fully support the one without having to deal with the issues involved in the other at this point. That allows people to build without having to worry about balancing acts right this instant.

A

Alente1

I'm not entirely sure how you can go on strike from a position you're not paid to do oO Doesn't being on strike infer you're an employee?

Seems like an overglorified ragequit to me Dagoth o.o

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Regions were not supposed to go out to anyone. And someone on the dungeonteam lied to an administrator to get the region. When in fact it had already been stated no regions would go out for anything other than towns. The administrator was punished and the region was removed.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Their pay is being able to build in a safe environment. Since their not getting that pay, their on strike =P

The biggest problem with these rs oriented dungeons is 1 redstone wire breaking can crash the whole thing, and they would never be able to find it, torches could over load and various other problems could appear, and they would have to start over from scratch.

Think of it like this. Try coding a plugin without using eclipse or any other java editor. and accidentally using a bracket instead of a colon. You just screwed your entire program and have no way to find the problem. Which means you have to start from scratch. Second time you code it. you add an extra equal sign. Time to start again.

You have to remember that RS is a coding language. Their physically coding in binary. and the possibility of someone breaking 1 wire is the equivalent of a coder not being able to find 1 small error in their code.

Gwawr

Stone
I have no idea what's going on. I think I'll go back to building my own dungeon in my back yard for fun and if anybody needs help with anything just holler. Still willing to help people out.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
We started a dungeon but we stopped quite soon after due to this. We need regions for this. We didn't ask for no pvp, but we NEED regions. What, you want people to grief through the dungeon?

There are multiple reasons why we NEED a region to do this. =\

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Going along with what trinity said, if people have access to the guts of the dungeons because there are no regions, users will be able to figure out the dungeon before it is even released.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
There's no two ways around it. If there's no region on the dungeon, it can be entirely bypassed and the traps are worthless. Dgco put over 3000c of resources into our work and now it's for nothing.

I'm fine building dungeons, but we need common sense to prevail as far as what we need.

Dgco

Stone
I'm going to make this damn clear. There is about 2 double chests worth of red stone in the dungeon right now. One right click on one repeater or a single red stone torch being replaced could potentially be a catastrophic disaster that would be nigh impossible to debug. On top of that, all materials to create this have come from my personal supply.

Not one coin of admin money was used to construct what we have so far. It is 100% legit. We're building this for the server. We're building this for you guys. Is it so fucking much to ask for a 'No Grieving' guarantee? Its like constructing Zeal without a region. They are both /server/ projects, not personal. Yet I'm fairly certain that the creation of Zeal, Sanctum, and the other spawn areas where done in a secure and safe environment.

Well, what ever. I guess if you want to actively discourage players from contributing to the server, its your right. It is your server, not mine. I dont have any right to force you to move. However, I am, along with the rest of the spell team, are doing the only thing we CAN do. Being on strike.

Do not expect any help building, wiring, or designing from me until this policy changes.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Kainzo never asked for any spell dungeons to be built... We said we DO want them, but not YET. Not until we iron out some of the MAJOR issues effecting the server. The construction of Zeal and Sanctum were done on a private server accessible only by people who were chosen to perfect/design it.

We're not discouraging people from contributing, it was said ahead of time though, that there wasn't a need for dungeons. You are doing this project for yourselves, because nothing has been commissioned as of now.

R3xz

Glowstone
Well, that's exactly what they are doing then I guess, not working on anything until Kain ask for it. but when Kain finally do, it's going to take an even longer amount of time for the dungeon to be completed, since they are not spending any time building anything right now.

Suppose the team was allowed a region to work on their dungeon. Would that slow down the progress of the "MAJOR issues effecting the server"? As R3xz just stated, the main issue here, dungeon-wise, is that if they work on it now, they can have it completed by the time Kain is ready for it. If Kain waits a month before giving them the green light, he'll be waiting another month unable to give out his new Spell while the dungeon team starts and finishes their dungeon.
Why wait until it's too late?

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Exactly, giving us a region would not effect the 'major' issues of the server. Only good would come of it.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
We already have oh, I'd say maybe 4-5 dungeons we can just paste into the map. So it's not going to take long, after we are ABLE to integrate spells into the game the way we choose, to get the dungeons up and working for everyone's enjoyment. It's not like this is a new thing. We DO have copies, so yes, this is just a project for the dungeon-team's enjoyment.

We won't be giving a region for something that has not been requested. Kainzo isn't just going to say immediately before he's ready to release spells "Oh yeah by the way, we need a dungeon super fast. Kainzo doesn't just do things at random - he does things precisely the way he means to. And when we need a spell dungeon, a NEW one, we will commission it well before it is needed.

We haven't even decided HOW we're going to implement spells (who we're giving them to) anyway. I think the dungeons should only be for casters and they'll be more like tasks, because I don't care, but it doesn't make any sense for a warrior or rogue or crafter to be casting spells. Whether you're thinking in fantasy or whatever, it just doesn't make any sense.

I would think that Alchemists were spell-type peoples... but I'm also biased, so my opinion doesn't count when it comes to Alchemists. XD

But, yeah. It seems to me that Apherdite addressed everything rather well. With ready-made dungeons which can be pasted right into the world when needed, it really does turn the spell team's dungeon into a personal project... sorry, guys.