• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The New Era! (New Network/Map WIPE- June 20th

marklar909

Stone
Sounds very promising, especially the economy and PVP changes. Will be nice to have an established arena as well. Also, I didn't start playing until after karma was removed, but I think it's worth a second look after reading up about it.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
We might be able to tweak that a bit.

Honestly not sure what you are referring to - "helm" item id = ? - which patch did this get introduced? it may be for 1.8

Looked it up and its a mod sorry no item id as it does not exist in vanilla
www.minecraftings.com/archimedes-ships-mod/

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
@Kainzo
One thing I have seen talked about by a few people is how hard it was to get things like Saphires and Paridots to upgrade their townships. I had multiple stacks of all the rare components myself, but I was gathering since map up. I believe the reason we are getting people saying they are hard to get now is because the drop is shared with Runes which eats up most of the drop chance the rare comps had?

Could this be correct? Could a shared loot chance favoring Runes be eating up the rare crafting components?
If so this could cause a major issue with townships not being able to expand this map.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo
One thing I have seen talked about by a few people is how hard it was to get things like Saphires and Paridots to upgrade their townships. I had multiple stacks of all the rare components myself, but I was gathering since map up. I believe the reason we are getting people saying they are hard to get now is because the drop is shared with Runes which eats up most of the drop chance the rare comps had?

Could this be correct? Could a shared loot chance favoring Runes be eating up the rare crafting components?
If so this could cause a major issue with townships not being able to expand this map.
Its completely possible @mung3r - care to weigh in here?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Its completely possible @mung3r - care to weigh in here?

If it's at all possible, I would suggest breaking the rare drops into categories and allow each catagory a roll for drop. so there is a chance for each "level" of rarity.

Ex:
  • Uncommon - Runes 1-3, Small/Tinysome rare crafting mats..
  • Rare - some rare crafting mats, Rune 4, Medium
  • Very Rare - Rune 5, Large, lower tier rare weapons(lower level enchants possible)
  • SuperDeDuperRageQuit Rare - "Of a Hero", Top tiered Weapons and armor(SharpX, FA3, Prot4 KB3, Thorns3 possible enchants)

Last edited:

Azuriae

Gold
I love the idea of a new map/full reset, but I guess the only thing I'm slightly unhappy about is that this is happening like, a month after the introduction of Loot Crates. Sure, a lot of the prizes we got were ones we can keep like the titles, backpacks and pets, but losing stuff like my Kainzo's Skull, and other physical items people have, kind of sucks!

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I love the idea of a new map/full reset, but I guess the only thing I'm slightly unhappy about is that this is happening like, a month after the introduction of Loot Crates. Sure, a lot of the prizes we got were ones we can keep like the titles, backpacks and pets, but losing stuff like my Kainzo's Skull, and other physical items people have, kind of sucks!
The skulls were worth hardly anything in the economy :p The titles, pets and other perks were the main reason for so many people buying them.

Azuriae

Gold
The skulls were worth hardly anything in the economy :p The titles, pets and other perks were the main reason for so many people buying them.

Wasn't really about their value; I never even looked at it or how much people were selling them for. It's mostly the principle of spending dosh on crates and having some of the loot taken away from us without any way of keeping it. It's minor, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
@Kainzo

I think they became harder to get later in the map for some reason. As for us at Raubtier we had a few stacks of all the "special items" stashed from the start of the map and honestly had enough of these special items for kingdom requirements. They became harder to find way before Runes were introduced in my opinion.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Wasn't really about their value; I never even looked at it or how much people were selling them for. It's mostly the principle of spending dosh on crates and having some of the loot taken away from us without any way of keeping it. It's minor, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.
I know it sucks but its the risk you get with buying in-game items. Thats why most of the donator perks are things such as tiers or backpacks which can be carried onto map after map. Its not just herocraft where you lose donator items on map resets, but it is a well known fact that Herocraft maps do reset around once every 7-8 months so if you don't want to spend money on in-game item packages then you have the choice not to.

Azuriae

Gold
I know it sucks but its the risk you get with buying in-game items. Thats why most of the donator perks are things such as tiers or backpacks which can be carried onto map after map. Its not just herocraft where you lose donator items on map resets, but it is a well known fact that Herocraft maps do reset around once every 7-8 months so if you don't want to spend money on in-game item packages then you have the choice not to.

Not saying I'm regretting; I got some pretty nifty permanent stuff out of the loot crates I bought. I was just surprised is all. I knew I could ''lose my items at anytime'' and that they were not protected, but I just didn't expect to lose them a month later due to a map transfer. I can protect my stuff from being looted, stolen and destroyed, but I can't protect it from this! I wasn't asking to transfer everyone' loot crate items over, that would be silly. :)

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Is it worth coming back? I haven't played in about a year and I don't know anything about runes attributes or anything else that is new.
Should come back, i came back about 3 months ago.

Took me 2ish weeks to be up to date on everything that happened over the course of 1 1/2 years :p