• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Rebalancing? (Update 11/26)

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Here is my solution: Decrease the slow effect on ice arrow. To compensate, give rangers an ACTIVE skill that penetrates armor.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
T
There is hardly a slow effect from icearrow to begin with....
For the next 5 seconds your ice arrows slow your target's movement and attack speeds by 50%, but each arrow drains you of an additional 10 mana.

Edit: this is directly from the wiki

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Reduce the slow time on ice arrow and

LavaShot: Pierces and Removes all armor on target for 3 secs. Reagent: Lava Bucket. Cooldown: 1-2 uses per fight.

So you could get off a LavaShot and then use one of your DoTs after switching arrows during the first second of no armor. Or you could use it and then finish them with your weak ax.

Also, rangers, I made a group today for us. Its in groups. Rangers only, or if you have a mastered ranger spec on this map.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok since you guys need something that helps you get away why not have a move called Tumble it is a 5 yard ranged move and the target gets a slow plus makes the targets screen gets dark so the ranger can run away In a different direction. You rangers seriously need nothing else 20-30 arrows to take down a armored guy is actually pretty generous just think about what type of terrain and who you should fight before you actually engage and I doubt it you get caught you won't be able to get away. Icearrow then barrage and then your good...

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok since you guys need something that helps you get away why not have a move called Tumble it is a 5 yard ranged move and the target gets a slow plus makes the targets screen gets dark so the ranger can run away In a different direction. You rangers seriously need nothing else 20-30 arrows to take down a armored guy is actually pretty generous just think about what type of terrain and who you should fight before you actually engage and I doubt it you get caught you won't be able to get away. Icearrow then barrage and then your good...
So many flaws in this suggestion that render it null.

Keffalump

Soulsand
I feel that ice arrow is a bit strong, but removing it would make ranger useless. If you ask any ranger online at a given moment what arrow they find most helpful the answer will definitely be ice arrow, no doubt. However, if ice arrow was changed to 50% of current slow and an escape method was added to ranger, it balances the class and makes everyone happy.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I feel that ice arrow is a bit strong, but removing it would make ranger useless. If you ask any ranger online at a given moment what arrow they find most helpful the answer will definitely be ice arrow, no doubt. However, if ice arrow was changed to 50% of current slow and an escape method was added to ranger, it balances the class and makes everyone happy.
You would be surprised, I use poisonarrow almost always, because I find that most raiders wear armor these days.

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
Left is right. I normally have to pick poisonarrow to even have the odds of securing a kill on a fully armored opponent. Also the wolf summoning would be awesome, since you have to be a farmer to even tame them. On that note, fuck batfury. Can't shoot a target with all those bats around.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Please don't make ranger like it was on Zeal... get shot by fire arrow gg, root in place gg shoot with fire arrow, gg.
Haha, ranger on zeal was insane. Zach would 1v3 out of ashes and kill most if not all of you a lot of the time. xD