• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Rebalancing? (Update 11/26)

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
active skill!
ChinkShot: Instantly fires an arrow at full speed to exploit a weakness in armor, bypassing all armor and doing 100% bow damage.
might be kinda OP with icearrow and all, but would be kinda cool if other skills weren't so dominant.
Might get mixed responses from the name :p so I will clarify for people

Chink means a crack or small opening. Calm down :p

That would be a cool idea though, like a small burst on the first shot kinda deal.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Might get mixed responses from the name :p so I will clarify for people

Chink means a crack or small opening. Calm down :p

That would be a cool idea though, like a small burst on the first shot kinda deal.
lol thanks for clarifying
that was it's sort of idea, and people were wanting an active skill for ranger, and people wanted armor stripped (funny idea btw, "imma loltake your armor then fire some arrows at you and then lolthrow your armor back in your face"), this kinda put both into 1 idea that would HOPEFULLY not unbalance the class, it's just a quickly fired arrow that bypasses armor.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
I have 3 skills in mind

1. Passive armor penetration (if that is possible) something low like 5 or 10%.

2. Armor piercing arrow: next arrow ignores armor and does additional damage.

3. (If possible) explosive arrow: next arrow is explosive, does AOE damage ignoring armor.

macura

Diamond
I think that an armor piercing skill would be cool. Maybe even an arrow skill that has a low mana cost and that blinds the enemy for a very short period of time, similar to the dispair effect. However i think that icearrow would need a little nerf if this came in. Not to nerf the cc of rangers in heneral, just gove the a little more variety.

Not sure what low mana cost would be in range terms

Smokearrow
Your next three arrows blind the person for 3 seconds each and do 30 extra true damage.
Mana cost:10?

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
active skill!
ChinkShot: Instantly fires an arrow at full speed to exploit a weakness in armor, bypassing all armor and doing 100% bow damage.
2. Armor piercing arrow: next arrow ignores armor and does additional damage.
i just... nvm...
the explosive arrow might be a bit OP (yes it is possible, just code in to have an explosion size=X at projectile hitting surface/player) and the passive armor penetration... eh, idk... that would actually be pretty good, but rangers want an active skill...

smokearrow might be cool, but almost no point considering most people use optifine...

maybe another suggestion could be:
ElementalArrow-imbues your next weapon with the rage of the elements, slowing your target, setting them on fire, and striking them with lightning. set the initial damage to be 75% of bow damage, then have the skill's damage set to 80? or do something that adds a bit of damage to the shot. Why the lightning you ask? well why not? it's fricken lightning! come on, you know you want to shoot lightning at people XD have the cooldown set to 15 seconds? i dunno, just making suggestions.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Remove chain armor for Ranger, add an armor penetration skill (BodkinShot?). That would be the most realistic solution, but then again, this is HC :p (Bowmen would barely ever have any kind of armor, but longbowmen did sometimes use a piece of chainmail around their neck and back of their heads)

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Remove chain armor for Ranger, add an armor penetration skill (BodkinShot?). That would be the most realistic solution, but then again, this is HC :p (Bowmen would barely ever have any kind of armor, but longbowmen did sometimes use a piece of chainmail around their neck and back of their heads)
I honestly love how you came into this thread and schooled everyone with a history lesson.

Da_Burg

Legacy Supporter 8
If poison arrow is changed to Xerot's idea it would help a lot in a fight against an armored class. By that I mean you might actually stand a chance. Some small melee damage increase would also help a lot.

Keffalump

Soulsand
my take on ranger
get rid of camouflage, its trash
replace camouflage with escapeartist or a mobility move
other than that, just up the damage of barrage a little

How about this remove Ice Arrow for a passive skill that ignores 15% armor and Replace Camouflage with
Dash: You push yourself with force moving 5 blocks forward and Giving you Speed 1 for 20 secs and ignoring all slow/stunning skills for 3-5 secs.

macura

Diamond
How about this remove Ice Arrow for a passive skill that ignores 15% armor and Replace Camouflage with
Dash: You push yourself with force moving 5 blocks forward and Giving you Speed 1 for 20 secs and ignoring all slow/stunning skills for 3-5 secs.
O god no. You want them to have a blink/one/escapeartist?

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
Hmm. Camo helps immensely if you're like me and like just waiting patiently for someone to get in the right position for you. I wouldn't get rid of it. I do agree that barrage definitely needs better damage if it's going to stay in, though. Also been chattin' with Kain, he may be thinking of a Void Arrow, which is pretty much a silencing arrow. High mana cost, from what I've heard as well. But I know that there's some kind of change in the works now.

Also, as far as mobility goes, camo works wonders when you're the guy wanting to escape a nasty situation. But with speed potions and feather falling boots, I think that while it's obnoxious, it helps to be fully geared whenever you go out as a ranger.