• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Rebalancing? (Update 11/26)

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings was a Ranger...
Not exactly. Rangers were just what the descendants of the Kings of Men were called. If you notice, he usually used a sword. It is true that Rangers were great with a bow, though.

chvia

Stone
Not exactly. Rangers were just what the descendants of the Kings of Men were called. If you notice, he usually used a sword. It is true that Rangers were great with a bow, though.
Ok in the movies and in the books it is said that he is a Ranger. Don't matter what the weapon, he's got the title.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Aragon and the Dunedain are Rangers, as well as the last descendents of the Kingdom of Arnor. Our lord Strider is most definitely a Ranger, but his profession (King) lets him wield the sword that was repaired and is full durability once more.

I Think rangers should have a chance to be able to run away from a fight since thats what they need to do there are to many classes with a jump that just rapes us. and then when they have armor its almost impossible to do anything but run away and kite him. in every game the ranger has some sort of kite tool like a trap that holds them in place so he can freely move back and hit him, or even jump away and shoot him ranger is under powered and needs to be fixed please.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Gregcosta, meet IceArrow. IceArrow, gregcosta.

We actually have the best and easiest way to lock targets down with slows in the game.

Ranger is in a pretty good place right now, as I play it more and find more ways to use our most broken mechanic, FireArrow.
For instance did u know that Barraging someone who is on fire when they are standing next to a teammate can cause multiple arrow's affects to be applied? And I recently found out that even though poison arrow can bounce off my target, hit me (doing arrow damage), and say "dsawemd is poisoned" I don't take poison damage. So thanks mysterious coders for that unmentioned fix!

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I have an idea for rangers...
Explosive Arrow:
Level: 20 (replace firearrow)
Mana/Stam: (15 mana, 4 stam)
Description: You hit your target for 180 damage (230 with bowstrength). The skill goes through armour, and has a firework affect similar to fireblast.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Explosive Arrow:
Description: You hit your target for 180 damage (230 with bowstrength). The skill goes through armour, and has a firework affect similar to fireblast.
Yes please Kainzo . ;D

macura

Diamond
Explosive Arrow:
It would have to be a single arrow though, not a toggle. If it were a toggle that would rape everything.