• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pokemon X and Y

ThatAintFalco

Portal
chimeres-chromosomes-xy-200po.jpeg

GameFreaks inspiration for 6th gen.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Movement's still on a grid, I heard. Might be worth it to doublecheck the video.
If they're keeping rustling grass, wouldn't they almost have to? They would have to have grass as a grid, and you wouldn't want to activate 2 patches at once, so the player would walk on the grid.
(Go go gadget bad logic!)

Either way, read the same on Serebii.

iRay

Dirt
I'm glad they are really trying to bring something new to the concept of the game. Even though each game has got "somewhat" better then the last installments, it's still the usual grid-ish movement with combat consisting of the pokemons standing on opposite corners and cute battle graphics.

With today's technology, I had an idea of combat being viewed from a bird's eye view, with the pokemon running on the battlefield, the trainer calling out the moves by menu and the pokemon's fighting in real time.

And the idea of 2 patches being activated at once, whilst makes some sense, I don't think is an excuse for not introducing 360 movement. Nintendo, if they wanted to, could do so much more with Pokemon.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm glad they are really trying to bring something new to the concept of the game. Even though each game has got "somewhat" better then the last installments, it's still the usual grid-ish movement with combat consisting of the pokemons standing on opposite corners and cute battle graphics.

With today's technology, I had an idea of combat being viewed from a bird's eye view, with the pokemon running on the battlefield, the trainer calling out the moves by menu and the pokemon's fighting in real time.

And the idea of 2 patches being activated at once, whilst makes some sense, I don't think is an excuse for not introducing 360 movement. Nintendo, if they wanted to, could do so much more with Pokemon.
Yeah - that's why I brought up the rustling grass thing. They would have to have separate patches to make it so there is a chance of just the one bit being activated for that. If they abandoned the newer rustling grass, I can't think of why they couldn't have 360 movement. And yeah, I want RT Battles.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I imagine that they'll explore real-time battling in a spinoff somewhere down the line. Until then, though, I'm happy that they do different turn-based stuff like Conquest and Mystery Dungeon.

And on that note, Mystery Dungeon 3DS. I'm drooling.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Also the legendaries have names now:
the floopy-horned deer is Xerneas (ZURR-nee-us) and the thunderbird is Yveltal (ee-VELL-tall).

Now we just wait on the fanbase to decipher the etymology of the names.

iRay

Dirt
Mystery Dungeon? Sounds pretty cool, going to check that out now! And I mean, the combat can still be the same as it is, menu based and turn based but the animations can be happening whilst the Pokemon run around on a battlefield.

I guess, on the other hand, animating all the Pokemon would take a very long time.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Also the legendaries have names now:
the floopy-horned deer is Xerneas (ZURR-nee-us) and the thunderbird is Yveltal (ee-VELL-tall).

Now we just wait on the fanbase to decipher the etymology of the names.
When I heard Yveltal I immediately thought of both the Quezacotl (see the resemblance if you google image that) as well as the Pterodactyl.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, one thing is obvious. Xerneus is PKMN X and Yveltal is PKMN Y. I was reading on Serebii forums, seems to be a dispute as to Yveltal is or isn't like a wyvern. Personally, I hope these two aren't Dragon-types, but maybe Dark? Gonna see if I can get better pictures w/ Google for my guessing.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
3d mystery dungeon looks terrible, but hey maybe i'm biased because i loved the Pokemon mystery dungeon red more than any other dungeon game. :D. Seeing it go to 3d is just.....strange.
Yes, kinda. Personally I think it's stranger that the main games are going 3D. I still kind of wish that they did like Disgaea does and just used sprites that were high enough resolution to weather all the fancy camera movement they're doing now.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Another random bit of insight on the legendary's names: XerNeAs -> XNA -> XenoNucleic Acid -> foreign genetic matter.

Xerneas might be an alien.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
And thus the seeing connections that aren't there has begun.
ngbbs4fde12a1a93b4.jpg
Have you seen that guy's legs? That's no carbon-based lifeform!

But seriously, I think it's not outside the realm of possibility. They tend to pack a little more meaning into Legendary names.