• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Server - Neo Bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I think every pve players best stereotype is that us pvpers "camp lost souls until there are driven to leave pvp" this really isn't true,people rarely go to the effort of tracking them unless there desperate, the issue right now is that there isn't enought variety of people to kill. So the chance of this happening increases significantly and if I kill one by accident I give them 10s and all there stuff. So stop assuming we're all murderous people, come on pvp and see for yourself.

-Chazza
I too never track lost souls. I don't attack them unless attacked. I rarely will track someone under lvl 45

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Just want to add my thoughts on this whole situation.

The whole talk of whether or not to revert the server back to past maps (or even create a sub server) such as bastion is ridiculous. Everyone involved in this whole discussion is only looking back at the positives, the memories that actually made that whole experience a fond one in which you enjoyed being part of. Because of this, you are totally missing all the hard work that all of the staff have put in to this server (as well as other plugins) to further push the limits that is possible within minecraft. Reverting back to the past will only cause a downfall.

Sure there has been major reworks within certain aspects but they are mostly for the best (such as attributes). Even if these older versions/ maps were implemented, it would only dull down your pervious experience. They are memories for a reason, don't go chasing them or you'll only wreak it for yourself. From my point of view, I would love to relive the moment I logged onto multi's server when it was booming but I know as well as others that I will never gain that experience again.

Now, judging by how active everyone is in this thread. You will all be aware of the major developments within the pipeline for this server in general with townships 3.0 just around the corner and other 'secret' projects in the works that are soon to be released (don't forget RPG!). Because of this, please try to help push the developers forward in helping them with their new projects. Give proper suggestions with valid reasons, everything helps but making negative threads disregarding all their work is only going to have a negative outcome (Just look at what you're saying from a different perspective, it's disrespectful to say the least).

Also, I've seen a lot of 'let the community decide' posts regarding this matter. This is a problem. Currently, there are two distinct types of players on this server. The 'vocal' kind (which is most of you who's actually posted in this thread) and there's the 'quite' kind which doesn't really voice their opinions. Because of this, don't think your opinion speaks for the rest of the player base. Just because the vocal players agree with you doesn't mean it portrays the whole opinion that the player base shares. This is a community, not a dictatorship.
3.0 and rpg will not bring people back. The way things are won't keep newbies here. I remember 75 people on in the middle of the day on weekdays. This was because it was fun. Your argument is that going back will run people off, because of too much change, however you want the veterans to deal with changes in a direction we don't want to go. Value your loyal customers over your new ones, business.

Xhazed

Portal
3.0 and rpg will not bring people back. The way things are won't keep newbies here. I remember 75 people on in the middle of the day on weekdays. This was because it was fun. Your argument is that going back will run people off, because of too much change, however you want the veterans to deal with changes in a direction we don't want to go. Value your loyal customers over your new ones, business.
Its all about bringing in new people for more donations, only thing i can think is the reason for all this

Beau_Nearh

Portal

It depends on what you class as 'bringing people back'. Creating newer plugins/ content to target a larger audience will In turn bring a lot more newer players into the community. Again you're looking back on the fond memories of your past experience(we both know 75 player every weekend is a myth), Try to keep an unbiased opinion on past experience and current experiences within this sever when suggesting such drastic changes. Also, by 'fun' that is entirely down to personal preference, I find the server as it is fun as well as gridey to an extent (I'm sure I've made very detailed forum posts to why I feel this way).

If you find certain aspects not 'fun', Feel free to create a forum post explaining why it actually isn't fun. Complaining without any valid reasons or references doesn't help the staff nor does it help the development of this server in general. With the whole 'value you're loyal customers over your new ones' I disagree with this completely. As stated in your forum post, you mentioned the player count being 75 and above.

Yet you didn't list why you personally feel why these players were active. You didn't list what you personally thought kept them active nor did you include what you thought made this server 'fun'. And regarding the 'veterans' of this sever. Please refer back to my original post regarding the two distinct types of player (vocal and quite). You're 'verterans' may only consist of the vocal kind while the quite kind stay in the dark with their opinions.

Enderless117

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe the reason we no longer get 75 players online is simply that many people (including former herocraft members) have stopped playing
minecraft. Everyone stops playing a game at some point.

Since the creation of herocraft we have also seen an increase in the amount of rpg minecraft servers.

Sorry to be a downer, it is just my personal opinion

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
ninja was op in bastion i can confirm, i won every single deatmatch and almost all 1v1s
*Looks for the vid of glob beating you*

Townships 3.0- Meant to increase pvp by adding safezones in your house, seems legit

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
It depends on what you class as 'bringing people back'. Creating newer plugins/ content to target a larger audience will In turn bring a lot more newer players into the community. Again you're looking back on the fond memories of your past experience(we both know 75 player every weekend is a myth), Try to keep an unbiased opinion on past experience and current experiences within this sever when suggesting such drastic changes. Also, by 'fun' that is entirely down to personal preference, I find the server as it is fun as well as gridey to an extent (I'm sure I've made very detailed forum posts to why I feel this way).

If you find certain aspects not 'fun', Feel free to create a forum post explaining why it actually isn't fun. Complaining without any valid reasons or references doesn't help the staff nor does it help the development of this server in general. With the whole 'value you're loyal customers over your new ones' I disagree with this completely. As stated in your forum post, you mentioned the player count being 75 and above.

Yet you didn't list why you personally feel why these players were active. You didn't list what you personally thought kept them active nor did you include what you thought made this server 'fun'. And regarding the 'veterans' of this sever. Please refer back to my original post regarding the two distinct types of player (vocal and quite). You're 'verterans' may only consist of the vocal kind while the quite kind stay in the dark with their opinions.
75 plays every weekend a myth? Sorry but Some servers get 1k+ daily, 75 isn't that much and Yeah HC used to have it very often

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

Bastion easily had 50 people on week days and 75-100 on weekends almost all the time except aussie prime, the loyal customers are people who don't like the road this server is headed down but either cant bring themselves to actually quit, or they quit but still check back on it for every new update. now lets list other things that may bring old players back other than going back to maps like Bastion 1. Sammy- promised for a year and still no return, 2. towns 3.0 looks a lot better on paper than I found it to be so far, 3. new maps- people come back for the first few weeks of pvp and new maps aren't common. The server had something nice going for it but sadly hasn't listened to a majority of their community so they stopped playing until something changes PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
75 plays every weekend a myth? Sorry but Some servers get 1k+ daily, 75 isn't that much and Yeah HC used to have it very often

I am aware of other server player counts, but were talking about this specific server in which I haven't seen more than 75+ people on at a single time over the weekend

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Bastion easily had 50 people on week days and 75-100 on weekends almost all the time except aussie prime, the loyal customers are people who don't like the road this server is headed down but either cant bring themselves to actually quit, or they quit but still check back on it for every new update. now lets list other things that may bring old players back other than going back to maps like Bastion 1. Sammy- promised for a year and still no return, 2. towns 3.0 looks a lot better on paper than I found it to be so far, 3. new maps- people come back for the first few weeks of pvp and new maps aren't common. The server had something nice going for it but sadly hasn't listened to a majority of their community so they stopped playing until something changes PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

I haven't got a clue what you're trying to explain in point 1? Also, with your second point. I haven't seen any forum posts regarding township 3.0 made by yourself. If you're going to make statements like that, please (as said before) make a detailed forum post explaining why you feel that way. Rather than complaining, give active feedback to help Improve that experience. Also with your point 3.

Sure everyone may like a new map every now and then but the fact that the map doesn't reset every month or so is a attractive feature this server has(especially for PVE players). It's always down to preference at the end of the day so I highly doubt the time between map resets being changed. "The server has something nice going for it but sadly hasn't listened to a majority of their community so they stopped playing until something changes" as said in my first post in this thread. This opinion doesn't speak for the whole player base of this server. This may only be the opinion/ view of the more vocal players that are within this community.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5

I get the feeling that you type a lot of words out to make it appear that your argument is more valid. I've been here long enough to remember forum post suggesting the things I've mentioned to be changed or removed. Most of which received a ton of positive feedback.

Parties being cut to 5 played a significant role in the freeps leaving. Attributes cause some of Umbra to leave. PVE caused even more players to leave. The biased ways balance happens now has caused players to leave. Things being promised and not delivered has caused people to leave as well. Rpg/custom items/Sammy/etc have been told were coming forever.

I think if we hold off on projects with no end in sight, and focus on building up a player base by adding smooth gameplay and simplicity you will keep new members. Also if we cater to the obvious wants of veteran players, you will bring them back. It's quite simple. I have watched forum posts made asking for things like this for quite some time now, and nothing happens, and people leave 1 by 1

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Really its the fact that pvp and pve are linked that is the problem. I dont see an issue in making the pvp map a stand alone one. Since it is catered to pvpers let them have a say on how it works. They want no attributes then make it so. The problem is that when pvpers want something it effects pvers because they are linked. Stop the transfer of lvls, items, and all that nonsense .

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I am aware of other server player counts, but were talking about this specific server in which I haven't seen more than 75+ people on at a single time over the weekend
You downright retarded, THATS BECAUSE THEY MESSED IT UP AND PEOPLE QUIT

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
The people who quit didn't exactly leave for legitimate reasons...
Yeah they did? You high m8? They quit because classes being retarded, Attributes being stupid - For some classes everything scales of Strength *wink wink* while others have to pour into other things to make other skills better

@devotedworker f-palm because you don't like me? Seems legit

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah they did? You high m8? They quit because classes being retarded, Attributes being stupid - For some classes everything scales of Strength *wink wink* while others have to pour into other things to make other skills better

@devotedworker f-palm because you don't like me? Seems legit
So people left because of balance; THAT makes sense. Blaming attributes for that is wrong, because they aren't the source of the problem.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
The people who quit didn't exactly leave for legitimate reasons...
  • They did not like attributes (I don't like them because they overcomplicate things and do not actually play a role)
  • As prominent community members their voices were ignored
    • For example when party limit was 5 and close to every PvPer was saying they wanted it back to 10 they were ignored for too long
  • Or when they voiced their opinion on a matter they were punished (look back on the SoulWielder thread...)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
  • They did not like attributes (I don't like them because they overcomplicate things and do not actually play a role)
  • As prominent community members their voices were ignored
    • For example when party limit was 5 and close to every PvPer was saying they wanted it back to 10 they were ignored for too long
  • Or when they voiced their opinion on a matter they were punished (look back on the SoulWielder thread...)
The party limit has been reverted until AOE limitation is added, I agree about attributes can over complicate things, but they are easy to understand once you do some research. In the case of what must never be named, yeah that was a bad point, but they were just as uncivil.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
The party limit has been reverted until AOE limitation is added, I agree about attributes can over complicate things, but they are easy to understand once you do some research. In the case of what must never be named, yeah that was a bad point, but they were just as uncivil.
They where uncivil because "he" directly said he doesn't care what they think

Status
Not open for further replies.