• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Server - Neo Bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhazed

Portal
I wouldnt call bastion a dark era with kenneth donating dem dolla bills everyday and people constantly donating and only complaining about things here and there

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
We're not back stepping into the dark ages. However, some things are being changed - starting with Townships 3.0. I consider a lot of things "up in the air" in terms of gameplay. Mob based distance from spawn, is a meh thing for me. Randomly spawning bosses, would be more fun imo. Relics/Custom items are staying, they are simple and easy to understand and provide a great mechanism for the community we wish to attract. Gold holding value is very plausible again.

Spawn pits and MA's were part of DragonGuard, not Bastion era.

It is impossible to "stay down" versions with all the shit going on. 1.6+ has had increasing lag and theres no way we're going back to 1.5.
I'm not sure if you were responding to me requesting for spawn pits. I did say before that that I would like to see a hybrid of DG and Bastion. I just want to see 75+ people back on during weekdays. Active raids/warring, set armor. I liked each class having a certain set of armor. It allowed people to know what class someone was. Get rid of sharpness/prot/fire aspect/punch/power. This makes it more fair for new players to just suit up and fight. No need to get expensive gear just to defend their base. Attributes are complicated. Set power was easier. You had something great. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. These maps brought people here. The recent changes have seemed to drive people away. I'm not trying to critisize you, but as a business, shouldn't you give your customers what they ask for? Zeal/DG/Bastion brought about "epicness" Templars/TC/Freepers and groups like them don't exist anymore. It's just random noob gainking now. No epic 10v10 battles raging on daily. This is just a shell of what once was. I'm old enough to know how things work. I am not some 15 year old kid. I'm experienced, and have an understanding of business practices. You may think I'm a nobody because I troll kids in chat, or that I challenge you to get attention, or that I am disrespectful. These things do not change the fact that I have many things to offer this community. If you recall I have been banned twice on this server. Once for selecting Zo on DG, and making a YouTube video. I also have a few mutes, all of which were a bit shaky at best. But, overall I am an asset to this community. Please take our requests to heart. This is what we want.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
People need to learn to speak for themselves..
I'm am speaking for the majority. Just because the "active" people may be against it. The ones who left, did so for a reason. I speak for all those who got frustrated with the system and left. Historically speaking, more people played for longer on these maps. Must have been for a reason.
I have been fairly active for every map since DG. I know what I am talking about.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Townships 3.0 is more raid-able than previous versions. Just because you want to go back to good times doesn't mean that everything has to go backwards. I for one really hated the glorified underground storage units that somehow passed for "towns".

I've put in a ton of work on 3.0 and everyone that's played it has loved it. How can you say that it's for the PvE server when you can DESTROY TOWNS. I'm actually really offended now...

I pretty much agree with everything else OP said (although skill memorization would probably be better).

As a coder and balance team member, I would volunteer to make this happen.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm am speaking for the majority. Just because the "active" people may be against it. The ones who left, did so for a reason. I speak for all those who got frustrated with the system and left. Historically speaking, more people played for longer on these maps. Must have been for a reason.
I have been fairly active for every map since DG. I know what I am talking about.
Why should we base what happens moving forward on what people who have left think? if they no longer care enough to stay why should their opinion be taken into account?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We don't do well with people who "speak for the majority" -- this is an open forum, everyone can voice their opinion. Your opinion wont be valued any higher than anyone else if you state you're a spokesperson for others.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I think that the main reason bastion was fun was it was overall waaaay more balanced (yeah blood mange was pretty op but a lot of classed could beat it played right, we didn't have unreliable classes) it was just fuckin fun, idk if it's just me but I like how you couldn't go build a ton of wis and get 400 hop sacred touch or 4 Second stun, also shadow step and harrow <3 overall I think most people like this idea

Salary22

A frightening Cactus!
Never got to play on Bastion but I hear about it everyday would love to experience it with a modern HC spice

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Never got to play on Bastion but I hear about it everyday would love to experience it with a modern HC spice
If my memory serves me right, besides the people who played the only big difference was that there was no attributes then. IDK what people are talking about when they say that the old maps where better.

Either people are looking through rose tinted glasses or I'm being cynical...

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
If my memory serves me right, besides the people who played the only big difference was that there was no attributes then. IDK what people are talking about when they say that the old maps where better.

Either people are looking through rose tinted glasses or I'm being cynical...
As a player from Bastion; rose-tinted glasses, I believe.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I think that the main reason bastion was fun was it was overall waaaay more balanced (yeah blood mange was pretty op but a lot of classed could beat it played right, we didn't have unreliable classes) it was just fuckin fun, idk if it's just me but I like how you couldn't go build a ton of wis and get 400 hop sacred touch or 4 Second stun, also shadow step and harrow <3 overall I think most people like this idea
Classes were not balanced in Bastion...they were either broken OP, bad, or just broken (by broken I mean their overall class) in general. Everyone stuck to a few classes that were just better than the others.

MrFly007

Portal
We don't do well with people who "speak for the majority" -- this is an open forum, everyone can voice their opinion. Your opinion wont be valued any higher than anyone else if you state you're a spokesperson for others.
Considering everyone has been voicing their opinions and still nothing beneficial is being done except staff promising improvements with every new update, I like and support wonders ideas and he does make a strong argument that most players agree with.

We all understand drastic change will not happen, but just try to listen to a few suggestions and maybe some attractive things can be brought back?

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Considering everyone has been voicing their opinions and still nothing beneficial is being done except staff promising improvements with every new update, I like and support wonders ideas and he does make a strong argument that most players agree with.

We all understand drastic change will not happen, but just try to listen to a few suggestions and maybe some attractive things can be brought back?
Drastic change can and are happening right now. Kainzo said attributes are going to be thrown out soon. He's also got drastic changes planned for the heroes classes. I won't say what they are, but it should be really good. Also, you're getting a whole new townships system that everyone who's tried it has liked. Also, he's got something else coming out that he's been working on for the past 8 months. I won't say what that is either, but it's going to be really cool.

The guy knows what he's doing.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I would prefer seeing a subclass system instead of attributes, I also believe it would be better in terms of balance if you have static classes instead of attribute based ones. I'm only mentioning subclass in order to keep variety.

Maybe we could get a sneak peak regarding what's planned down the line for heroes classes?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I have no idea why people would want to go back to the Baston era, which apparently ( According to you guys included )

Laggy Servers
Outdated Server ( There aren't even Anvils *Ghasp* )
Constant Ganking
Unballanced classes ( Sure they aren't perfect now but they seem a lot better )
Lack of Attributes
Constant Abuse of Older members against new ones @NoobKillers
Constant Raiding
Constant Harrasment
Constant 10v10s ( Which just sounds terrible, 3v3 and 5v5's sound much better )
The lack of Township 3.0 ( Which is just #*(%ing awesome, btw Thank you Multi and Pheonix! )

Now as much as I would LOVE to have this ( Sarcasm Level 100 )...
I think a much better solution than complaining and pestering Kainzo for a time machine back to Baston, is to actually suggest REASONABLE stuff to add to Aegius. That would be a lot more productive and doesn't just clutter a Forum full of hate that Kainzo will probably not take any idea's from.

k Peeps? :D

Xhazed

Portal
I have no idea why people would want to go back to the Baston era, which apparently ( According to you guys included )

Laggy Servers
Constant Ganking
Lack of Attributes
Constant Raiding
Constant Harrasment
The lack of Township 3.0 ( Which is just #*(%ing awesome, btw Thank you Multi and Pheonix! )

I think a much better solution than complaining and pestering Kainzo for a time machine back to Baston, is to actually suggest REASONABLE stuff to add to Aegius. That would be a lot more productive and doesn't just clutter a Forum full of hate that Kainzo will probably not take any idea's from.

I can suggest for bastion to be put on top of aegis lewl

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

Laggy Servers
Constant Ganking
Lack of Attributes
Constant Raiding
Constant Harrasment

Server lags more for me now
We don't even have anvils now
You PvErs just wouldn't understand, ganks can be fun
Attributes made things less fun IMO due to 400 HP Sacred Touchs
Constant Abuse? Don't think this happend...
Constant Raiding is bad? FC raided me all sat every day - was fun
Noobs/PvErs need to learn camping and harassment are 2 different things
How are 10v10s horrible in anyway? They are amazing again, you complain about PvP so you wouldn't know
Also I'm pretty sure the amount of exp to max was upped in Aegis
Rofl I feel like people are making townships 3.0 sound a lot better then it really is, I prefer these things over townships 3.0 anyday
Also towns couldn't have roofs in bastion, was downright fuckin amazing, now people just hide in glass domes

You don't know about Bastion, you are just taking what pveers did not like and making it seem like a bad map, your just a kid who tries to suck up every chance you get, btw anevia is SUPER nice not SUPPER nice, at least edit the post instead of having your town bust a nut because I tried to be nice

That last part was just a jab at him ignore it

Status
Not open for further replies.